Jan 05, 2018, 10:15 PM
That looks awesome
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2018, 10:29 PM
Thank you all for your advice and suggestions.
Feb 04, 2018, 11:55 PM

Photo of servo control arm position

I have a pretty banged up Sportsman S+ (Gen 2) and I am trying to return it to trim it "back to factory" after having replaced a servo for the elevator. I have no idea what the original position the control arm should be in.

Can someone bind their Sportsman and show me a photo of the servos in Advanced mode. That would be a big help.
Feb 05, 2018, 08:37 AM
Perpetual Noob
If the push rods were undamaged, plug your servo into the receiver and let it center. Then position the arm so it will connect directly to the push rods with the control surface centered. You should be very close to duplicating the setting you had when you crashed.
Jun 02, 2018, 10:03 AM
Trying to trouble shoot a buddies Sportsman.
New receiver.Bind to the radio (dx4e) indoors but NO response to ANY stick input.
Do I need to calibrate the bind outside,or just calibrate outside after binding inside.Is calibration required before binding?
Last edited by thanev; Jun 02, 2018 at 11:27 AM.
Jun 02, 2018, 01:04 PM
Curse you, Red Baron!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar31
If the push rods were undamaged, plug your servo into the receiver and let it center. Then position the arm so it will connect directly to the push rods with the control surface centered. You should be very close to duplicating the setting you had when you crashed.
You also want the servo horn (on the servo) to be as close as possible to a right angle relative to both the pushrod and servo body in order to achieve a symmetrical throw.
Aug 25, 2018, 08:36 PM

AR6600t Telemetry receiver

Hi guys.
I want to instal an AR6600t telemetry receiver in my hobbyzone sportsman s+.
Any advise will be grateful.
Sep 13, 2018, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar31
I also am one that is learning that airspeed and ground speed are unrelated. There are those that will tell you a plane flying with a set throttle will not climb when turned into the wind nor will it descend when flying with the wind. However, I also have a friend that drives 747s for a commercial airline that states the wind does affect the controls.

Take going into the wind for one example. The speed of the wind increases drag on the plane (ground speed) but that effect is less than the increased airflow over the control surfaces. I contend the reason a plane will rise when turned into the wind is the increased airflow creates additional lift. The converse is true when going downwind. The amount of ground speed the aircraft picks up with the tail wind is less than the wind speed. The difference is again felt on the control surfaces where less air is moving across the surfaces resulting in decreased lift resulting in the aircraft descending.

Now we know there are those who state wind has no effect because it is the speed of the aircraft through the air that affects such things as lift but we also know from observation that wind does play a large role in how a plane handles. We also know that a plane handles differently when flying with a steady 10 MPH wind than the same plane does in a 5 MPH wind. Going into the wind, movements are more crisp and faster with increased wind speed while they are slower and more lethargic when going down wind using the same throttle setting.
NO! NO! NO! The aircraft flies in the air mass. If the earth did not exist the plane would not care. I flew in the Air Force for 25 years in C-130s, T-28, F-4 and not ONE pilot uses ground speed for anything but arrival time. The controls are ONLY crisper IF you increase the airspeed. There is no relation of the plane to the ground. If you are in a Cub flying 80 kph and you have a head wind of 100 kph the plane will be moving backward at 20 kph. Without looking at the ground you would have no idea you are moving backward since the airspeed indicator is showing 80 kph.

We fly RC airplanes from the ground. The tendency for newbies is to pull back the throttle on the downwind and push up the throttle on the upwind. Why? Because they are seeing the ground speed. They can not "see" the airspeed. I have seen newbies stall the aircraft on the downwind because they wanted to slow down the aircraft's ground speed and pulled the throttle to idle while pulling back on the elevator. STALL.

Plain and simple the aircraft flies in the air mass around it. The earth (ground speed) can NOT, does NOT, and never will affect the aircraft. The aircraft's airspeed in the air mass is all that matters in this discussion.
Feb 09, 2019, 04:12 PM
Explorer, T-28, Avanti - FrSky
I just bought an used one from another snowbird guy in the park. It came with a bunch of spare parts. I put a AR610 in it and will fly it with my DX6.

So I have the DX4e, A3172 receiver, and A3173 GPS listed on Craigslist.
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/t...815123717.html
Feb 09, 2019, 04:21 PM
Explorer, T-28, Avanti - FrSky
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoking
I just bought an used one from another snowbird guy in the park. It came with a bunch of spare parts. I put a AR610 in it and will fly it with my DX6.

So I have the DX4e, A3172 receiver, and A3173 GPS listed on Craigslist.
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/t...815123717.html
Just was looking in parts tub! Included his tool box with a bunch of tools also. Lipo battery tester, OEM charger, and 4 1300 3S batteries.
Jun 10, 2019, 01:06 AM
turkeyfeet
June 10th 2019. I just finished building a Sportsman S+ for a friend. I installed a DX6 Black in it for him and all seems to work well, but I am lacking a way to disable the GPS in flight with the DX6.
The instruction manual that comes with the airplane explains how to set up the DX6 for this airplane but I don't see where it says how to disable the GPS in flight.
Latest blog entry: video
Jun 10, 2019, 03:11 AM
Simon
If you have set up your DX6 as per the manual then the HP/AL button is on button I (the bind button) and your SAFE mode will be on switch B ...

From the manual:

'Deactivating GPS in Flight
If at anytime you experience the GPS system malfunc- tioning while in flight, deactivate it to regain full manual control.
Deactivate the GPS in flight by holding the HP/AL button down for at least 3 seconds, then remain holding the HP/ AL button while toggling the mode switch at least 5 times from position 0 to 2 and back , as shown.
Once the GPS has been deactivated the aircraft will be in full manual control in SAFE mode. We recommend flipping back to Beginner mode once GPS is deactivated. The GPS system will remain off until the aircraft is landed and the flight battery is unplugged and reconnected
.'
Jun 10, 2019, 03:13 AM
Simon
Page 18 in the manual I'm looking at.
Jun 20, 2019, 08:28 AM
Sportsman S+ , all kinds of binding/GPS issues.

GPS module fell out. Manual does not show correct direction for reinstallation.

Wires out - toward the front or back? Kwink
Jun 20, 2019, 08:45 AM
Does the E Flight Receiver require any additional programming or just plug in, Bind and go fly?

My Sportsman has gone crazy. Kwink

Quick Reply