Avios "Riff Raff" 99 Sea Fury Racer

Reno air racing at 1200mm

Avios "Riff Raff" 99 Sea Fury Racer

Go Fast. Turn Left!

The all new Avios Riff Raff is an EPO model of the famous Reno Hawker Sea Fury with a high level of pre-assembly out the box. This 1200mm (47") wingspan racer comes complete with a 3648 brushless outrunner at 400kv, a 60a esc, and eight 9g servos throughout. All that's required is a 6s 3300 to 4000mAh LiPo and a suitable transmitter system.

Also included is a 4-blade prop, electric retracts with gear doors and a sequencer, and split flaps - this is one complete foamy!

Avios Sea Fury "Riff Raff" EPO Reno Racer - HobbyKing Product Video (2 min 34 sec)

Specifications:

• Wingspan:1200mm
  • Length: 1100mm
  • Weight: 2100g
  • Servos: 9g servos x 8
  • Motor: 3648 Brushless Out runner KV400
  • ESC: 60amp Brushless Speed Controller

CLICK HERE for more info on the Avios Riff Raff Sea Fury

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Apr 30, 2015 at 09:13 AM..
Apr 30, 2015, 11:40 AM
"Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left"
Looks Sweet! Glad to see more Reno Racers coming to the market...
Apr 30, 2015, 12:01 PM
I Fly!
Cool plane, but at over $200+ shipping I'm not doing it. With Hobby King in the US now they need to change the shipping prices to be in line with the free / reduced rates of Horizon Hobby, MotionRC and Value Hobby to name a few.
Apr 30, 2015, 12:49 PM
Never Stop Learning
Jrtubb,

I could not agree with you more, one reason I just do not buy much of anything from HK anymore.
What products they offer in the USA warehouses is for the most part not first run and generally not interesting to purchase.
A game HK plays and I am not playing with my money.
Apr 30, 2015, 12:51 PM
The non-retracting tailwheel really sticks out in flight IMHO ... would possibly look better without the doors, even though they're scale of course. Nice apart from that.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Apr 30, 2015, 01:48 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Price is the killer for me to start with. 2nd it's just another sea fury ..... why do they just repaint the same frames? And expect you to pay triple the money for it. You can buy the frame in parts (green one) and save more than half ........ if you wanted a sea fury that is.....
http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...o-interceptor/
Now have a look at this beauty. .... I would love to have this @ any where between 1100 - 1400mm W/s in a kit, just like the EFX.
They are not learning from there successful ventures.
At least having a Australian warbird on the wall or in the hanger is a lot more appealing to me than just another sea fury/p51/spitfire/109.....ect, etc.......oh well.....not getting my money..
Btw.. if you click this link and go through the thread you'll see it's got a lot of support for a premium. I'm sure if this was done as 2 versions it would be a HIT!! ...Version 1- Warbird with eucalyptus camouflage colors
Version 2 - Retro racer Arf/kit with Australian flag racing colors ( Blue, white, red)....
with that large area in front, from cockpit to spinner, you could get a massive battery and motor in this. LOTS....of potential. ....
One more reason. ......most important. .... when your missus complains about you buying another plane, you can counter, it's an Ozzy Warbird!! Rare as hens teeth! ! Lol.... Yes I want 1 bad....
Last edited by Dukejet; Apr 30, 2015 at 02:23 PM.
Apr 30, 2015, 03:40 PM
I like the fuse paint job, and 4 blade prop.
Apr 30, 2015, 09:04 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Price is the killer for me to start with. 2nd it's just another sea fury ..... why do they just repaint the same frames? And expect you to pay triple the money for it. You can buy the frame in parts (green one) and save more than half ........ if you wanted a sea fury that is.....
http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph...o-interceptor/
Now have a look at this beauty. .... I would love to have this @ any where between 1100 - 1400mm W/s in a kit, just like the EFX.
They are not learning from there successful ventures.
At least having a Australian warbird on the wall or in the hanger is a lot more appealing to me than just another sea fury/p51/spitfire/109.....ect, etc.......oh well.....not getting my money..
Btw.. if you click this link and go through the thread you'll see it's got a lot of support for a premium. I'm sure if this was done as 2 versions it would be a HIT!! ...Version 1- Warbird with eucalyptus camouflage colors
Version 2 - Retro racer Arf/kit with Australian flag racing colors ( Blue, white, red)....
with that large area in front, from cockpit to spinner, you could get a massive battery and motor in this. LOTS....of potential. ....
One more reason. ......most important. .... when your missus complains about you buying another plane, you can counter, it's an Ozzy Warbird!! Rare as hens teeth! ! Lol.... Yes I want 1 bad....
Re-hashed P-51 ?...at least that is what it appears to be...Kangaroo-ed perhaps.
Apr 30, 2015, 10:34 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Australian designed and built. More power than them all. Bigger than P-51
Apr 30, 2015, 10:54 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Australian designed and built. More power than them all. Bigger than P-51
Cool
May 01, 2015, 01:52 PM
AA6JB
FedEx Shipping from West Coast WH to CA was only 13 bucks for me?
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
May 01, 2015, 11:38 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
FedEx Shipping from West Coast WH to CA was only 13 bucks for me?
Let me know how long the West ships it out
May 02, 2015, 09:17 AM
AA6JB
Not sure what that means but it showed up yesterday. I ordered within a few minutes of it going live.
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub
May 02, 2015, 10:04 AM
yank and bank!!
Paint job hurts my eyes.....
May 02, 2015, 04:23 PM
AMA 34191
Quote:
Originally Posted by failboat
Paint job hurts my eyes.....
Miss Merced V.2 would have been much better! But, there are ways...

Overall, I rather like it! It's not even summer yet and I can already see this may be most expensive model airplane year for me EVER!

Quick Reply