Model Yacht Club Charlotte, NC - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 20, 2015, 11:00 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways

Our Club Logo Emblem

Hey Commodore n everyone all!!,.. Here is our club Logo Emblem,.. first attempt by my me to make a transfer "sticker" for the tug, which could also could be added to our fleet boats, (resized), of course,!! I'm also checking/researching out the Idea of "Iron-Ons" for members Tee- shirts! NOTE: this IS our Logo , BUT, this is a PROTO-TYPE sticker, ( yet, un- approved by our membership), ...( Club notified),..... UPDATE time,.... sailing was good , we have a TRI-OVAL shaped course, (think Nascar), .... WE are getting there!! Come have some fun H2O time with us!! WE welcome all boaters in the club, but Park reg's will not allow gas powered watercraft so keep on ing, ....Tim
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Sep 20, 2015 at 11:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2015, 10:12 PM
Resistance is futile
Any news from the latest club outing?
Latest blog entry: New SOLING project arrives!
Sep 23, 2015, 10:21 PM

QCMYC update n vid

Hi everyone!!, I finally got to the lake to race /meet some of the other members, and shoot some vid' for ya'lls entertainment !! turn your sound on as this is a "talky"(old time word for sound/music!!) I know I messed up by zooming too much to make it grainy, but couldn't tell out @ the lake until it got loaded n processed!, get your going!!!!, Tim
QCMYC outing 9 23 15 (9 min 22 sec)
Sep 24, 2015, 07:48 AM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
Nice, ya gotta give that rudder a rest.
Sep 24, 2015, 03:02 PM
Most anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by haxawsnavy
Hi everyone!, I hope all had a great holiday! We have some new things to assist us!! some are upgrades to our home page for members, n these, (pic's), for event day,... Tim
Could you please explain how you deploy and recover the bouys?

Thanks,
Charlie
Empire State Model Mariners
Sep 24, 2015, 05:11 PM
Resistance is futile
Ha! And ha! Tim. I told ya people would be interested in seeing how ya do that. Somehow, "I told ya so". Just dosen't quite cover it like this last post.
Latest blog entry: New SOLING project arrives!
Sep 24, 2015, 05:53 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartix

Thanks,
Charlie
Easy way, if the lake is small, toss them out there! Have a line attached and a spool to rewind & bring them in. It may take a few tries to get the anchor line at the right depth, unless you already know the bottom depth.

Fun way, build an electric powered tug with a flat deck. Put the marker on the deck with its anchor, play out its retrieving line as the tug delivers to the location then pull it off the deck. Still need to know the water depth to set the anchor line properly. Here, Allan attached some pool noodle material alongside the tug to give it more buoyancy.

If you are into drones and it can lift the small anchor weight, use it to position the marker.

BP
Sep 24, 2015, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartix

Thanks,
Charlie
Hi Charlie! and Thx for droppin in!!, and giving us a shout! Please see the posts here, on this thread #'s 57 n 59 ,(page 4), should clear it up for you however, we ditched the pvc tubes n have a single delivery "V" shaped carrier on the back of the Springer, EVEN EZ'er !!,, drop load by release fish line pole bale into tug , move tug to locate, simply pull it off the back of the tug , add the slider main line weights , set rod down 'return for the next marker ,REPEAT., Recovery is as described in post 57, 59,..... Tim
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Sep 24, 2015 at 06:39 PM. Reason: fixed typo error of # 59 in this post
Sep 24, 2015, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbp
Easy way, if the lake is small, toss them out there! Have a line attached and a spool to rewind & bring them in. It may take a few tries to get the anchor line at the right depth, unless you already know the bottom depth.

Fun way, build an electric powered tug with a flat deck. Put the marker on the deck with its anchor, play out its retrieving line as the tug delivers to the location then pull it off the deck. Still need to know the water depth to set the anchor line properly. Here, Allan attached some pool noodle material alongside the tug to give it more buoyancy.

If you are into drones and it can lift the small anchor weight, use it to position the marker.

BP
We "free" line the main line then secure it with slide down the line smaller weights to pull down main line to keep keels from snagging it. We used to do the throw method, with tennis balls, BUT, this is WAY better n more visible!!! , Thx bbbp for following our growing development!!!.... Tim
Sep 24, 2015, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitfxr
Ha! And ha! Tim. I told ya people would be interested in seeing how ya do that. Somehow, "I told ya so". Just dosen't quite cover it like this last post.
My brother, !, IF he would have read posts #57, n #59, HERE, he would have a fair IDEA of the method which has been updated in my last 2 posts here!!, maybe some more Skipper's will show up next time before we set course to help us vid document the job!!LOL!!! ,.. Tim
Sep 24, 2015, 09:10 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
At the two man made lakes we can sail, we sail parallel to the shore. So its a twirling overhand toss with the marker and the anchor. The anchor is a small dixie cup full of concrete with an eyebolt.

Since they are both relatively shallow ( less than 8 ft deep we we sail), the anchors are on a short tether. The retrieval line is a braided mason line type cord, with a hand made reel to wind them in. We also use the tug if we want a windward gate setup.

BP
Sep 24, 2015, 09:24 PM
Most anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by haxawsnavy
My brother, !, IF he would have read posts #57, n #59, HERE, he would have a fair IDEA of the method which has been updated in my last 2 posts here!!, maybe some more Skipper's will show up next time before we set course to help us vid document the job!!LOL!!! ,.. Tim
Thanks for clarifying that, I was guessing it was something like you described. I missed post #58
Oct 08, 2015, 01:42 AM

QCMYC update

Hi everyone! as most in our area know ,we had a threat of hurricane + slow rain system attack us, so last weekend was a washout., However, our east coast n South Carolina neighbors though got slammed n still bailing out!! From all of us here @ QCMYC our prayers n well wishes are with you , Tim
Oct 16, 2015, 09:50 PM

back to normal

Hi everyone!, now that the Commodore is BACK from his trip, n the hurricane is GONE! , We will be back on our regular sailing schedule this weekend!, so we should have an update for ya next week!! Thanks for following our growing pains as a new club!!,..... Tim a.k.a Cap'n Hax
Oct 28, 2015, 04:39 AM

My appoligies to everyone

Hi all!, I did NOT mean to come off as a troll,!! , I guess I'm not so good at expressing some things, . Sorry Charlie!! n everyone! So to make amends we tried to get you a short on the method, but as I was not on set to direct, or shoot it, we gonna try it again because some change was made to make it better,(we had a couple keel snags last time around ) I believe if my info is correct, we will be adding a new member or two soon!!,... SO, the show MUST go on!! HEE-HE-hee-he!! Also we'd like to send out a recover quickly to our Web Master-ette, Nancy, whom has suffered a wrist injury, Hope to see ya soon!!,.... Tim, n everyone @ QCMYC Charlotte, N.C.
springer working (0 min 55 sec)