Model Yacht Club Charlotte, NC - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jul 07, 2015, 01:57 PM
If you havent ordered your numbers yet(assuming peel and stick vinyl numbers), coloring them onto the sail with a sharpie marker would be your best option. you can use microsoft word to create your number (and the class insignia), and change it over to an outline number instead of a fullly colored number. I use a gray that is dark enough to be seen through the sail, but light enough to know where I've marked already (black is difficult to color over black). Use a fine or medium point sharpie to outline your numbers, and a larger one to fill them in.

The vinyl or insignia cloth can actually distort the sail shape.

Great to hear you guys have 7 on the water. Thats great for a new fleet.

Steve

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2015, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the sail number tip. I have the vinyl numbers on my sails and will be removing them as you recommend.

Sully
Jul 12, 2015, 04:13 PM
Retired Army
Stevezero, thanks for the tips.
Jul 19, 2015, 10:37 PM
Retired Army
Great day to just relax next to the pond today
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437359820.850696.jpg
Views: 86
Size: 367.7 KB
Description:
Jul 20, 2015, 12:09 AM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
Hey Mick n everyone!, GREAT pic buddy!!!!!, I always loved beautiful reflection shots!!, but ya know ya havta huff n puff like you're gonna "blow the house down" to make it GO!!!,HEE-HE-hee-he!!, glad ya'll had a good day!...... Tim
Jul 20, 2015, 09:07 AM
Retired Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by haxawsnavy
Hey Mick n everyone!, GREAT pic buddy!!!!!, I always loved beautiful reflection shots!!, but ya know ya havta huff n puff like you're gonna "blow the house down" to make it GO!!!,HEE-HE-hee-he!!, glad ya'll had a good day!...... Tim

Hey Tim,
I was a huffin n puffin but nothing was happening. Not a ripple on the pond.

But it was still a great day.
Aug 07, 2015, 02:19 AM
Hey there fellow QCMYC/RCG members n all guests!!, . Haven't heard anything from anyone while our fearless leader BSull10 is out of town,.. so hope to get to catch up with ya'll again soon!!, I can understand IT'S been just WAY too hot to get out!!, .. I understand We are now up to 14 QCMYC registered members now n still growing!!!, and are going to be hosting another club @ "our" lake, for some sailing n friendship while theirs is being repaired?? , somebody keep me updated pls!!,.............. Tim
Aug 16, 2015, 10:59 PM
Retired Army
This past weekend was a blast. We had our first official club races. We had a total 6 Seawinds that were involved in the races.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439780280.611034.jpg
Views: 51
Size: 325.0 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439780292.935403.jpg
Views: 52
Size: 375.4 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439780305.337056.jpg
Views: 57
Size: 313.9 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439780321.199316.jpg
Views: 59
Size: 376.8 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439780333.150876.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 376.8 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439780345.412634.jpg
Views: 53
Size: 336.5 KB
Description:
Aug 17, 2015, 09:40 PM
Cool deal, guys. Brendan left me a voicemail last week, but I've been in some technical training, and havent been able to call him back to talk. I hope to talk to him soon. my training classes are running 11a-11p......not the funnest thing in the world LOL
Aug 17, 2015, 10:42 PM
Steve
No problem. I was going to give you an update on our clubs progress.
Sep 01, 2015, 11:17 PM

Welcome n club update news

Hi everyone!!, I'd just like to take a moment to welcome our new members, Dan, n Tony!!!,... Update time!,.. we've had a few races under our belt now ,BUT, still have some growing pains that are in process of updating, we are looking at making new more visible/easier transport/setup course markers, n other minor "like to have's" as this,.. to make us better. , also we are looking into possible real time connection amongst members, kind of like a members instant news letter/forum,.. like some other clubs have.,... Saturdays race we had 6 boats but the wind was not co-operative to run a race , Sunday was about ditto on the wind factor, I mean ya need SOME!!, but all had a great day despite it!!,sorry no pic's this update unless someone has a few sandbagged!!.......,.....Cap'n Hax
Sep 09, 2015, 09:49 PM
Hax
Thanks for the pic's. We tried the tug today and it worked great. We have new larger marks and can position them with ease. One of our SW got hung up on a rock and the tug saved the day.
Sep 15, 2015, 09:51 PM

Weekend update

Hi everyone!, This weekend's racing was really GOOD! despite trick y wind. Skipper V. had some pre race trouble but Commodore got him dialed in, adjusted, and he WON the first race!!, Every one got AT LEAST one "W" on the score sheet , which means 2 things, We have a GREAT bunch of Skippers, and Our boats are VERY equally competitive!! , the tug is making it really nice to set the course markers but they wanted to drift a tad so they got larger anchor weights to solve that!! We let the tug deliver them to locate ,pull it out of the handle tube via attached fishing line(pole), the anchor drops to the bottom, then the free slider weight on the main line pulls the remaining retrieval line on the rod (pole) down clear of the boats keels!! when its time to pack up, we just have to reel them in!!very speedy efficient. here's some action shots this go round. Tim
Sep 16, 2015, 08:49 PM
Hax
Thanks for the pictures and the club. Update. Looks great!