Model Yacht Club Charlotte, NC - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 07, 2015, 11:43 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
Hi Everyone!!, QueenCityModelYachtClub is Growing!!,..AND we welcome ALL boater's to come and share our waters for friendship n fun!!,...I'm discussing the matter of our double threads here on RCG, (one in Dock Talk),and, this one here, to be combined into ONE Thread, Either here, or Dock talk ,..with our founders n and our Administrators/Moderators,....https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=2409129SOOooo On to some pic's to show we are Real!!, hopefully now that Capt'n Sully has all the rules figured out we may even have a RACE to share on these pages soon!!,....Capt'n Hax,..a.k.a.,...Tim
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2015, 01:06 AM
Hey there everyone!!,QueenCityModelYachtClub,is Alive and GROWING!!,.. 9 registered members n counting!!!!!, please also see our thread in sailboats here:,.. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2402622 ,We are talking about combining both threads to eliminate double posting and possible member confusion. ,... here's some pic's from today's sailing!!,
Jun 08, 2015, 06:42 PM
Hax thanks for posting the pictures. This past weekend we had a few potential club members stop by the lake. I know of two that had ordered their boats and will join soon.
Jun 13, 2015, 04:06 AM
Captn Sully, Your welcome!!, just trying to do my part for the team!! ,.. keep 'em coming til I can get back out there to take my own!!!,..,.......Tim
Jun 14, 2015, 09:51 AM
can you land on that ?
There are some nice readings of John Masefield`s poem "Sea Fever" on Youtube. You can taste the salt in the air.
Jun 17, 2015, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow5
There are some nice readings of John Masefield`s poem "Sea Fever" on Youtube. You can taste the salt in the air.
HI there Duncan!!, n everyone!!!,..I will check this out ! it was an interesting try I made on Capt'n Sully's boat , I got some water in her ,but she didn't sink !!!,..we had some gassers share the pond ,(from my understanding) , all was GOOD in the world RC BOATING!!!,..I hope to get out there this Saturday n shoot some pic's n vid's of my own for us!!Thx for your support n ,.......Tim
Jun 17, 2015, 07:54 PM
QCMYC has been sailing on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. We're up to 5 SeaWinds. A few more will be joining shortly.
Jun 17, 2015, 10:59 PM
Retired Army
Hello QCMYC,
Never did any RC sailing before but enjoy RCing very much. Had a tug boat while stationed in Germany in the early 90's. Upon my retirement in 98 I took up 1/8th scale on road racing and have since taken up scale Rock Crawlers. I'm interested in checking out the sailing world of RCing.
Will you guys be out at the park in Pineville this Saturday? If so I plan on stopping buy to watch you guys sail.

Mick
Jun 20, 2015, 03:12 PM
Retired Army

Model Yacht Club Charlotte, NC

Hey BSull10,
Had a blast today! Thanks for letting me skipper one of your boats today. Looking at a few WEB Sites now and getting ready to order one for myself.

Mick
Last edited by JKMick; Jun 20, 2015 at 05:32 PM.
Jun 21, 2015, 10:47 PM

Father's Day!

Hi everyone! , n we wish all Father's a great Day!!,.. here's some more sailing pic's from our new n growing club!!,.... an imprompt , race, Did happen, so I see in the Pic's!!!,.... You don't have to be a sailboater to Join our ranks!,, we will accept boaters, sail or otherwise !!,.. come join the fun!!,........Capt'n Hax,,....
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Jun 21, 2015 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Puntuation correct
Jun 22, 2015, 07:17 AM
Hey Mick
Go Army! That was a lot of fun. Let me know if you need help with your new boat.
Jun 22, 2015, 10:06 AM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
If anyone in your club is looking for a Seawind, I have a used one in good condition for sale, $200 firm, I am in Black Mountain so not too far from Charlotte area.
Jun 22, 2015, 10:09 AM
Yosef Sailor
That's a great deal for a Seawind. Esp with the new RTR is going for about 2X that price.
Jun 22, 2015, 10:24 AM
I'll take it if it's still available.
Jun 22, 2015, 10:26 AM
Call me

Sully
Last edited by Bsull10; Jun 27, 2015 at 01:59 PM.