Model Yacht Club Charlotte, NC - Page 17 - RC Groups
Dec 18, 2017, 06:15 PM
Resistance is futile
Love to see you guys still having fun this late in the season. Y'all should come down here to central Florida for the winter so you can keep sailing all winter long! LOL
Looking forward to future updates and hope the 73 keeps on doing well for you.
Latest blog entry: Spring time outdoor projects
to remove ads between posts
Dec 24, 2017, 01:34 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways

Seasons Greetings,!! n Update

We have had a dismal December, either the wind was too light (below club minimum) or too cold/ raining. As The holiday approached, members participation/commitments were also re-prioritized so we decided to write December off the official season schedule this year until after the New Year. All of us wish all of you a Happy n Safe holidays n travels,!! We look forward to year 3 and sailing with all our friends Past, Present, and Future,!! Hope ya'll have been GOOD n Santa Smiles on you,!!! Sea Ya @ the Lake,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Jan 09, 2018, 11:58 PM

Update pic's/ '018 New Officers Welcome

I'd like to Congratulate and Introduce our new Officers for '018,! Commodore Jack C. (formerly XO.) takes the QCMYC helm. Chuck M. from our ranks of (Devoted to the club's success) Skippers now holds the XO's title.! Our outgoing Commodore Sully has taken ALL responsibilities as our very own Race Director to whip us into AMYA ship shape,!!! Ben, Web Master,.. Dan , as New Members Communications/PR Officer and related duties and I, (Web Communications/Assist. Web site Advisor/PR Officer) retain our duties for yet another year,!! Hope every one is ready to start a new year/season of SAILING,!! We are NOT due to a FIRST for our club's young age of not sailing year round because of weather related cancelations for this long of a span,!!! ( think I'm going into withdrawal here,!!) Anywho, Here's a couple pic's from Commodore J.C. of our Clubs venue conditions of late,....... (COME ON SPRING time,!!!) We again will be looking forward to Sailing with ALL that wish to visit once we get back to our "normally scheduled program",!! As always, stay safe n We'll Sea Ya @ the lake,!!! ( or Ice Rink,!!) http://www.queencitymyc.com/ Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Jan 10, 2018 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Added Club WS link
Jan 21, 2018, 01:57 PM

Bye-Bye Blizzard 018,!!

Hi everyone,! We finally got a melt down from the sun yesterday n today,!! (BOOCABOOCABOOCA ALL GONE,!!!) Here's a few parting shots of it from the 18th,!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Jan 21, 2018 at 02:05 PM. Reason: added text to some pic's
Feb 21, 2018, 11:26 PM

And now one month later,..... UPDATE

Hi Everyone,!! Well here in the Carolina's were starting our thaw out and had a great day @ the lake stretching our sails,!! Winds HAD to be +10+ mph (wuz forecast @ 8) cause I found out the boat won't steer ANY where when 50-60% of it is Under water but still moving with the wind trying to get to the reach mark,!!! Temps were unseasonable warm for Feb. High of 80*F today (AHHhhh ,!!Paradise ,!!) I can almost smell the salt air now that it's dry n warm enough for my sinuses to BREATH. Only thing missing is the sand between my toes,! We welcomed yet another new member and his boat's maiden /christening to the club lake today also,!! Welcome Joe,!! (If this is incorrect I will edit it).HX. I'm told by the new RD that our "official" club season will begin on March 1,... so stay tuned for all we have coming up which I think will at least have some new picture/vid's aspects to it, (IF I get my way,!!) HEE-HE-hee-he,!! Again we look forward to all our friends n visitors sailing with us. SEA YA, @ the Lake,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Feb 24, 2018, 09:16 PM

A short indendum upate to post 245

Yepper,!! We were out there today getting a break from the "cabin fever" with a large group of our membership doing the preseason tuning and knockin off the dust n cobwebs from the boats n rusty skills,!! 12 boats total for 8 official club scored races n many more after as members advised/helped each other and in general catch-up fellowship,!! A Great warm day of fun for All,!! This short race start vid shot by a mates daughter proves this. I myself think the young lady did a good job of it for her first time w/o any ones knowledge or coaching ,!! WELL DONE,!! Tim Cap'n Hax
Race Start 02 24 018 (0 min 57 sec)
Feb 25, 2018, 08:11 PM
Resistance is futile
Great video but a bit short. The camera operator is to be congratulated.

I couldn't see you in the vid Cap'n Hax!
Latest blog entry: Spring time outdoor projects
Feb 26, 2018, 01:49 AM
OOoohh yeah I'm there alrite,!! With some encouragement from her father, I can ASK her to take that job off my shoulders so I can concentrate on placing well,!! Got a W and ended up @ about my usual middle of the fleet for the day,!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Feb 26, 2018 at 02:31 AM. Reason: added edited shots/pic's
Mar 04, 2018, 12:13 AM

CLUB SEASON OPENER REPORT/Update

Hi Everyone, I know many of our friends here on RCG won't get to see this for some time due current weather related conditions, (we wish them safe passage through the storm), but here goes for those that CAN,... As titled we held our season opener with low 40's A.M. temps n winds a strong 14mph+ gusts of 22. Eight skippers braved it for some fantastically wicked and fast sailing,!!! I even think it would be very bumpy Ariel footage had we had a pilot to shoot it,! Many times we could only tell WUT tack we were on by WHOSE sail was above water,!!! (YES they were heeled over that much, I could see the yellow of my fins 20 + yards out!!) Wish it would be like this when the 80's*-90's* gets here,!! Sorry no pic's but you can see our official on going results here;... http://www.queencitymyc.com/ We are also looking forward to our 3rd Anniversary this April and are still looking into ways to keep the CLUB (hobby/sport) interestingly challenging for us members and appealing to prospective interested spectators,! All of the newly elected officers are doing a good job at ensuring this to be an even greater club in the future.!! Until next time,... We'll Sea Ya @ the Lake,!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Apr 15, 2018, 06:06 AM

3rd Anniversary/2nd Annual Spring Regatta report/update.

Welcome back to Spring here in the Carolina Piedmont,!! Here are a few still shots of the game play today. With 15 skippers, we decided best to run the Regatta as an odd/even split fleet scoring system upon normal AMYA sanctioned reg's/req's although it was a closed to members ONLY event. Food/hydration for the day was provided by the club from Harris Teeter's "Fire House Subs". Members provided the anniversary necessities ( Cake/Ice cream / plates n utensils ) for days Results tabulation and Awards presentations. SPECIAL thanks to member / Skipper Don M. for again providing his craftsmanship talents for the awards,!! Wind and weather were warm n shiny in advance of the storm to hit many across our "Viewing Area" this week start as I myself got some early burn to my winter face. All in all I'm most pleased to say that from what I saw n heard ALL members were in great spirits and having a good time. We did have a few minor "casualties" due the increasing wind speeds. Lots of submarining disabled a boats ELC for the day. Myself n another had shroud stay failures which were resolved intermittently to complete the day and another skipper had a LOP (loss of power) by last heats end. I do have a short vid or two along with the stills,... I just haven't loaded them to YT yet to share the links,....YEAH, I KNOW BAD HAX,!! getting ahead of myself in my excitement to share news or OLD AGE (take you're pic,!! that's my story n stickin to it,!!) Our very own XO Chuck gets credit for these shots. I'll post vid's in a day or 2 cause my legs are killing me now. Sea Ya @ the Lake,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax,.....
2nd Annual Spring Regatta Line start venue overview (1 min 52 sec)
AND,...
Commodore Jack does Cake cutting n Awards shot (1 min 33 sec)
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Apr 15, 2018 at 08:16 AM. Reason: adding pic's /criedits/ad links to vid's
Apr 16, 2018, 07:41 PM

Regatta Score Sheet Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by haxawsnavy
Welcome back to Spring here in the Carolina Piedmont,!! Here are a few still shots of the game play today. With 15 skippers, we decided best to run the Regatta as an odd/even split fleet scoring system upon normal AMYA sanctioned reg's/req's although it was a closed to members ONLY event. Food/hydration for the day was provided by the club from Harris Teeter's "Fire House Subs". Members provided the anniversary necessities ( Cake/Ice cream / plates n utensils ) for days Results tabulation and Awards presentations. SPECIAL thanks to member / Skipper Don M. for again providing his craftsmanship talents for the awards,!! Wind and weather were warm n shiny in advance of the storm to hit many across our "Viewing Area" this week start as I myself got some early burn to my winter face. All in all I'm most pleased to say that from what I saw n heard ALL members were in great spirits and having a good time. We did have a few minor "casualties" due the increasing wind speeds. Lots of submarining disabled a boats ELC for the day. Myself n another had shroud stay failures which were resolved intermittently to complete the day and another skipper had a LOP (loss of power) by last heats end. I do have a short vid or two along with the stills,... I just haven't loaded them to YT yet to share the links,....YEAH, I KNOW BAD HAX,!! getting ahead of myself in my excitement to share news or OLD AGE (take you're pic,!! that's my story n stickin to it,!!) Our very own XO Chuck gets credit for these shots. I'll post vid's in a day or 2 cause my legs are killing me now. Sea Ya @ the Lake,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax,..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJmzsEC4h5Q AND,... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfYi1px-Y9g
Here is the Club Website Posted score results from the day event,!! You can track our progress of getting better HERE,>>>http://www.queencitymyc.com/
Sea Ya @ the Lake,!!! CONGRATS to all Skippers that participated ,! ( n Shame on you that Dint) cause you missed one of the best events we've had to date,!!! So sayeth.... Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Apr 17, 2018, 06:30 PM
Hax those trophies are sure nice! Your mate did a damn good job on making them. The cake is pretty epic too and I love how the sailboats match the club logo like the trophies! They did a good job on it!
Apr 29, 2018, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggsDarkLighter
Hax those trophies are sure nice! Your mate did a damn good job on making them. The cake is pretty epic too and I love how the sailboats match the club logo like the trophies! They did a good job on it!
THANKS, I'll tell them,!! Yep member Don IS truly a craftsman (you should see his mahogany planked boats,!!! OMG,!!) He likes his privacy so I must give him that respect especially cause he is a Navy man,!! Yep I gave her the options of her run of artistic license n that's WUT I GOT,!!! I can only fathom WUT she comes up with NEXT year,!!! HEE-HE-hee-he,!!! OK ,... SOooo Now down to business,... We have a club mates boat #47 for sale. This boat has been sailed VERY little but is Sea worthy. A beauty of a Custom paint by afore mentioned Don and I think I'm told $220.00 no radio/batteries, but could be wrong on that. We want to give the local Region 3 members first chance,( Sorry I don't HAVE everyone's Email yet to offer it personally ) so I'm adding it here for those that follow our club, then to RCG Classifieds if no interest here. If interested in the 47 contact Sully direct, or me here n I'll get word to him,!! Thank in advance n We'll Sea Ya @ the Lake,!!! or in September,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Jun 20, 2018, 12:07 AM

Pink boat SOLD,!!

Yep, Sorry to say we lost 2 good friends/club mates due their moving relocation, ( A good few hours drive from home port) However We are still growing and progressing on being the best club we can be. Sorry It's been so long since an UPDATE but I haven't been to the lake since I posted the Spring Regatta/ Anniversary post due a sudden deadly health issue (blood clots) that just reared itself with no warning. I'm NOT OLD I keep tellin everybody but the years of smoking cigarettes and poor health risks/ diet vitamin levels low/ ++salt = high BP etc. ignored, has caught up to me n my body tells me different,!! YUP YOUR OLD,!! Under doctors care now n working to get better, ( I can tell some difference ) SO,!!! "I'll be back",!!! in full force soon and still planning to try to place well in the Fall 2018 Seawind Region 3 Regatta hosted by the Ashville n Black Mountain N.C. AMYA # 245, older sister club. Think the announcement is made in the RCG Sailboats Thread under KYOSHO SEAWIND . We have a lot of new ideas n thing's we gonna try this season so keep following to see WUT crazy thing we do next to make it fun and interesting for everyone,!! As Always all are welcome any time to come sail with us,!! Sea Ya @ the Lake,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax

Quick Reply