Model Yacht Club Charlotte, NC - Page 16 - RC Groups
Mar 28, 2017, 02:03 AM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways

First Annual Spring Regatta

Hi Everyone,! As mentioned a few posts up we held our Spring regatta in great weather,! We welcomed several members from Greensboro MYC and Piedmont MYC both Region 3 clubs here in N.C. It was great to meet/learn/sail with ya'll Thank You skippers for your participation. It was our largest sailing fleet since founding, (22 boats), hence we used the odd/even heat method to score up this large a group. We had much success with this event but learned what and where we can improve on to be ready in May for the Class Regional. Thank you all QCMYC members for your dedicated efforts toward making this a fun event for everyone. Special Thanks to members Don and George's associate for making our uniquely handsome Place trophies,!! I'll post up the pic's I have NOW and more when get them all in. Tim aka Cap'n Hax
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2017, 02:56 AM

First Annual Spring Regatta UPDATE/ Vid's

Hi Every one,! As promised here are a couple of vid's I, and Commodore Sully shot of the days events. We are a rule abiding club that needs work on/Improvements to many things so please view these vid's with that in mind. I apologize, ( for myself and post editing Mgr. miscommunication on such) for any incorrect pop-ups, text, or any seemingly jokingly name calling in the same, or rule "bending" you may notice as this WAS a "DRY-RUN" for our endeavored honored event in May 017 posted in our "ALERT" NOR thread posted above,! I still have one more vid in post production that I want to share so please bare with me as we are also working to bring you a fresh new club website that will incorporate these goodies of our growth along with a few surprises,!! Thanks Again to the members of GMYC and PMYC region 3 and all the effort of QCMYC members for helping to make this a VERY fun learning venture,!!! Sea Ya @ the lake,!!!! Tim Cap'n Hax Links to Vid's,......
Spring Regatta (12 min 30 sec)
AND,...
Race 6 B Evens heat/Spring Regatta MAR. 017 (7 min 30 sec)
Apr 07, 2017, 03:48 PM

Last Vid of our Spring Regatta/ NEW WEBSITE

Hi Everyone,! This is the last Vid that has been sent to me of our First Annual Spring Regatta,! If you are just joining the thread here ( on last post ), the pic's n other 2 vid's are on the previous two posts,!! It May or May NOT be same date next year we'll see. Our new website is up and running LIVE,! Public as of now also. Be mindful that this one as our old one was will be a continued "Work in Progress". Take a look n let us know what ya think of the new format. http://www.queencitymyc.com/ Yep its the same Domain name. I will be assisting on this one but the webmaster reins/title/job are now being done by a member whom is a site designer by trade. And here's the vid,
Unknown heat race Spring Regatta 3 25 017 (5 min 16 sec)
We will be celebrating our 2nd Anniversary of being an AMYA charter club (342), NEXT Saturday with a Cake/Ice cream and of course SAILIN,!!! Thanks to all that have helped us get to this point.!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Apr 17, 2017, 11:21 PM

Club thread UPDATE

Hi Everyone,! We Hope all had a Great n safe Holiday with loved ones as we did.! We celebrated or 2nd club AMYA Charter (342) Anniversary a few days late to allow many members to participate on Saturday 15th. We had 11 boats sail n Cake n Ice Cream n Drinks afterwards provided by myself n member Amber. Sorry no activity shots or vid of the event other than the cake pic's BEFORE it got cut,!!! BOY,!! I'm GLAD I listened to my Admirals advice in ordering the larger sized one,!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Apr 22, 2017, 02:39 PM
The Circle City Flyers of Corona are holding a "Scale Fly in work shop" June 24, 2017, from 8 am to 3pm. Awards for top three scoring pilots, raffle and polish dog plate with chips and drink will be available for $5. $10 landing fee for pilots. Contact Brent Peterson for further information; bren76m@gmail.com / 951-743-5842.
Apr 22, 2017, 08:21 PM
Resistance is futile
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessepaz
The Circle City Flyers of Corona are holding a "Scale Fly in work shop" June 24, 2017, from 8 am to 3pm. Awards for top three scoring pilots, raffle and polish dog plate with chips and drink will be available for $5. $10 landing fee for pilots. Contact Brent Peterson for further information; bren76m@gmail.com / 951-743-5842.
Looks like somebody may have posted in the wrong forum. LOL This is about sailboats not planes! hee hee hee
Latest blog entry: New SOLING project arrives!
May 09, 2017, 02:56 AM

Club News/Updates

Hi Skippers,! We've just completed our first AMYA Sanctioned event the Region 3 SeaWind Regional Regatta,!!! We had multiple members from area clubs participate in the event. Thank You all,!! (will give credit's in NOR Thread) Sorry, we Missed you SWCS Mike Eades this time, Get Well Soon,!!!! Most of the documentation (pic's n vid's) have not been processed yet from the multitude of coverage/footage of the event yet to be received to me. Most of this, (as well the final results scoring ) will be posted to our NOR thread here in RCG and of course the AMYA. All in all we had a GREAT learning experience hosting this event and most all feed back was more than positive. I have a few teaser shots below from a lesser quality cam just to prove it DID happen,!! We'd like to Thank our sponsor Kyosho here for their promotional gifts to raffle and the banners and our local MidTown Sundries for the great food at lunch Saturday. Many more to thank but those will also be posted in the NOR thread. The greatest tragedy we suffered was that one of our own had to withdraw unexpectedly on Sunday morning before he put his boat in the water due notice of a death in his immediate family. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Tim aka Cap'n Hax
May 21, 2017, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haxawsnavy
Hi Skippers,! We've just completed our first AMYA Sanctioned event the Region 3 SeaWind Regional Regatta,!!! We had multiple members from area clubs participate in the event. Thank You all,!! (will give credit's in NOR Thread) Sorry, we Missed you SWCS Mike Eades this time, Get Well Soon,!!!! Most of the documentation (pic's n vid's) have not been processed yet from the multitude of coverage/footage of the event yet to be received to me. Most of this, (as well the final results scoring ) will be posted to our NOR thread here in RCG and of course the AMYA. All in all we had a GREAT learning experience hosting this event and most all feed back was more than positive. I have a few teaser shots below from a lesser quality cam just to prove it DID happen,!! We'd like to Thank our sponsor Kyosho here for their promotional gifts to raffle and the banners and our local MidTown Sundries for the great food at lunch Saturday. Many more to thank but those will also be posted in the NOR thread. The greatest tragedy we suffered was that one of our own had to withdraw unexpectedly on Sunday morning before he put his boat in the water due notice of a death in his immediate family. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Hi everyone,! in addition to these pic's I have added / updated and will be adding more pic's/vid's regarding this event to our ALERT NOR thread here in RCG. Just an FYI,! Thank you ALL for your viewing and other support to us that we were able to make this event possible,!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
May 30, 2017, 09:16 PM
Resistance is futile
Glad the regatta was such a success! Looks like a fun event. This club sure has come a long way in a short time. Good to see the hobby growing!
Latest blog entry: New SOLING project arrives!
Jul 02, 2017, 02:58 AM

Belated Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitfxr
Glad the regatta was such a success! Looks like a fun event. This club sure has come a long way in a short time. Good to see the hobby growing!
Thanks Matt,!! It WAS,!! and WE as a club are still growing TOO with new members and new Idea's to make our club less redundant in a positive manner,... For example,... We have worked out a few different course options and tried them with better than so/so results, ie; we use the end markers as a "gate" (legal) allowing skippers to round one mark of their choosing/(strategy) and altered traffic flow from cross sailing of late start boats to oncoming advanced boats. We've also experimented with a "teams' concept and split fleet concept for the club level enrichment and new comers confidence building . (both tried but still under development and fine tuning,!) I myself LIKE the option that the "gate" offers to strategy and am working out my own personal plans according to my trial n error research/sailing with our venues given wind conditions. Our members are also getting bitten by the new DF 95 bug and as more members are starting to acquire them a separate racing schedule is being talked about along with getting back to our humble beginnings of an all classes fleet sail race schedule (discussions on how best to do the scoring is on going). Between all this our new web site is coming along VERY nicely Thanks to member Ben for taking this duty off my plate,! (now I can concentrate more on the rules/my boat tuning/etc... n getting better at them,!) Sorry for such a long delay in updating everyone. I'll try get us back to a regular posting besides weather updates in the interim,!! Feel free to check out our other threads here on RCG AND our new web page,!!! http://www.queencitymyc.com/ Thanks again for all those that support us in all the ways you do,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Aug 20, 2017, 05:01 AM

UPDATES n WELCOMES,!!

Hi Everyone,! Again this update is coming late due these "excuses",... Our biggest enemy for club MASS participation has been the temps humidity. We've had air alerts for days on end here with "feels like" temps to 103*F+ coupled with NO decent air movement to push a boat,(chough, gag, choke,) air so heavy can't breath,!! Most of our members are older than I but heck I can't hardly stand it either!. Vacation Time also interferes with our summer schedule as Graduations, family time comes into play also. I WOULD like to WELCOME some new members here as we are always growing n changing,!! WELCOME Howard (HowBau here on RCG) is an avid warships modeler and fast learner to sailing,! I could share some pic's/vid's of his WS stuff but it would be OT per my Commodore therefore forbidden , You will have to PM him yourself,!! Next,.. New member George still waiting on his AMYA numbers to arrive after his AMYA application, (On our club score sheet club website it reads N/N for No Number). He is progressing quickly to learn both tactics/strategies and rules type Skipper,! As I have had close racing with him recently, WELL Done GW,!! I also understand we have a couple more new members, yet another George and Jack that I have not yet met or sailed with but that will be soon be remedied,!! WELCOME Skippers,!! I really like the concept of the "gates " marks for strategy. At this point I'm told windward marks BOTH have to be rounded then the leeward marks can be used as a "gate" (go between them and round one or other at Captains discretion) for advantage per course allowable "rules" ??? This hasn't been explained to me yet , BUT I personally like the trial we did with BOTH ends being a "gate" as it helped a LOT in traffic flow banging or risk of such With a + 7 boat fleet and added a level of strategy to plan what you wanted/needed to do on you're beat. I like it and think it more fair than the split fleet/ delayed starts we tried. OK I think I got the most Important stuff covered now so,.... We hope everyone has a safe enjoyable season now and in the future,!! Sea Ya @ the lake,!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Sep 21, 2017, 12:09 AM

Newest Updates here.

Hi Everyone,!! Now that school is back in and temps beginning to cool Sailing is as good if not better than before,!! Welcoming even MORE new members yet this month and upgraded our "course" for our now chosen sailing directive being the use of a reach mark on windward (marks to port) AND "gate" at the leeward marks,(Skippers choice of rounding 1 mark only either to port or Starboard once pass through the gate.) This has worked very well for us and we only use a split fleet start for a + 12 boat fleet on race day. We tried the team aspect which WAS a lotta fun n showed us we are all fairly competitive tuning wise, but it is a bit of an extra headache for the score keeper so we're probably only gonna do that on small fleets days,!! We are still here n welcome any visitors that would like to sail with us,! We don't have any event plans yet so I'll keep you posted on what we may try to do next. Well that's the nut shell of it so,..... Sea Ya @ the Lake,!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Nov 11, 2017, 11:23 PM

A Lil More Chest pounding,!! Prt 1

I know most RCG members are AMYA affiliated one way or other, but I'm posting this PROUDLY of us for those that may NOT be,.. or,.. skippers that missed it. We are still growing and are gaining new members even this winter. Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Nov 13, 2017 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Files are too large to post together send seperately
Nov 13, 2017, 09:12 PM

A Lil more Chest pounding ,!! PRT 2

Here's the "SCOOP",... We are Honored that as such a new club we've earned this publicly posted recognition. After the first of the year we are going to start early to plan our "2nd ANNUAL SPRING REGATTA" Stay tuned,!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Nov 13, 2017 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Changed the pic "scoop" attactchment info inclusive