Apr 28, 2015, 07:31 PM
Discussion

Model Yacht Club Charlotte, NC

A new club has been formed for Sailing Model Yachts in Charlotte NC
for information go to queencitymyc.com
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2015, 07:39 PM
Yosef Sailor
That is great news and thanks for posting. I live in Fort Mill and was sailing my Nirvana with the guys at Sun City for about a year before moving abroad for a few years. I built a Seawind and have a number of other boats in my fleet.

Looking forward to one day moving back to the Charlotte area and sailing with the group.

DW
Apr 29, 2015, 07:26 PM
I was introduced to model sailing at Sun City and was hooked. I don't live in that community and am unable to join their club. So I started a club. So fare only 4 members. We plan on meeting on Saturdays. I'm retired and plan on sailing a few times a week. I've been sailing at the Pineville lake. Hope to hear from you soon.
Apr 29, 2015, 11:29 PM
Yosef Sailor
BSull,

Sounds great.

This gives me something to look forward to upon returning to the US. There is a guy that lives in Mooresville that is over the Seawind group in the Greensboro Model Yacht club. Tony I believe is his name. May be beneficial to reach out to him as Pineville is much closer than HighPoint.

Anyway, I have two more years here in Singapore before I find out if I return to Charlotte or on to another country.

Keep up the great work and talk soon.
DW
May 08, 2015, 06:44 AM

Charlotte, NC Model Yachting

Queen City Model Yachting Club

We are a new club in the Charlotte NC area. We plan to sail at the Pineville Lake Park, Pineville, NC. For more information check us out at queencitymyc.com
May 26, 2015, 02:08 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
Hi everyone!!, It was great to meet you ,Bsull10!, This past holiday wkend n sail with you , just a reminder, to all watching THIS thread, be sure to follow up n check out their home page as well as similar thread here, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1545799 ..........Tim
May 26, 2015, 06:15 PM
I've been sailing at the Pinville Lake Park. Our club plans to meet at the lake on Saturdays around 10am weather permitting. I usually bring a second boat for anyone interested in sailing to try out.
May 27, 2015, 01:38 PM
If your interested in sailing and the weekends don't work out I sail during the week as well.
May 29, 2015, 06:01 AM
Bsull10 has been teaching me how to sail at Pineville Lake and, hopefully, I'll be able to give him a race in the near future. Pineville Lake has worked out well for access, size and is a great place to learn.
May 30, 2015, 01:00 AM
Welcome Dan !! so sayeth the haxsaw!!,look forward to meeting you also!,..........Tim!
Jun 02, 2015, 09:25 AM
We have been sailing on Saturdays plus a few days during the week. We had three Seawinds on the water this past weekend.
Jun 02, 2015, 09:43 AM
I see all your typos
I'll post the obligatory--
Jun 02, 2015, 02:59 PM
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Jun 02, 2015 at 03:04 PM.
Jun 06, 2015, 10:17 PM
This weekend we had three sailboats on the water Sat. and two on Sun.
Jun 07, 2015, 01:58 AM

Kmot MUST be EXPORTING his reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harquebus
I'll post the obligatory--
HEE-HEE-he-hee!!, Hi there Harque n everyone!!,I hope these will make someone smile!, we are still in the forming/establishment stages, and yet not all new members have met each other,... SO, a BIG pic event, has not yet presented itself ,, I have some pics already posted here,...https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1545799&page=2 I also have Capt.Sully's dry dock pic's but he wants me to wait for better pic's to post them, so you just gonna have to bear with us and keep ing!!!! from my understanding we have about (6+)??, members n growing!!,...Including my electric runabout ,another, and a new electric tug member!, and a few prospective guests that are considering getting the IOM class Seawind aswell!!,... come n join the fun!! the park is Very family friendly for youngsters of all ages!! ,..hope to see ya there!!,.....Tim