Jun 11, 2004, 06:43 PM
Thread OP

jsut orded a 700 etec and not sure about cut off voltage...

i have ordered a 700mah etec 2cell for my wing i only have a ICS300 GWS speed controller but im lost about this cut off voltage thingo the cut off voltage is either 4.2v or 3.2v im not sure what model i have and would this 4.2v or 3.2v cutoff be per cell or the complete pack?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2004, 07:10 PM
The Lipos cost how much?!

Be careful of non Lipo cutoff voltages!

Gazza,

If you are using a ICS controler, it will cut off the voltage too low for LIPO cells. Normal voltage in a flight pack battery is anywhere between 4.8 to 6 volts. If you are refering to the cut off voltage for the LIPO pack, it should be roughly 3 volts a cell. So following that logic gets you a cut off voltage of 9 volts for a three cell pack and 6 volts for a two cell pack. I just use three volts a cell as a general rule. I have heard people claim that it is slightly lower. I just find it easier to set the cut off voltage on my Castle Creations Phoenix 35 to 9 volts when using 3 cell packs. Speed controls like Castle Creations or Jeti advance are made with LIPO packs in mind. If not made to use with LIPO, a regular speed control will cut off the voltage too low.

Pumi
Jun 11, 2004, 08:01 PM
Trying to defy gravity...
If you already have an ESC and it's not "lipo friendly" checkout my MicroScream low voltage battery alarm in the DIY Forum:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221018

Jimsky
Jun 11, 2004, 10:55 PM
Thread OP
hmmm seems like my ESC will cut it off to late my motor will be drawing 1.66 amps how about i just fly for 10mins each flight than throw it on charge? untill i can get some device that'll do the job?
i think i should have just added my other thread to this post dang anyways you might be able to help me out on my other thread? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240307

Quick Reply