Apr 27, 2015, 10:23 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Thread OP
Discussion

The Maple Syrup insuregency ...

They wanted price stability ... completely ignorant of the what that actually means ... in the end they are now fighting beast they voted to create ...

http://business.financialpost.com/fe...wing-in-quebec
Apr 27, 2015, 10:37 AM
Not THAT Ira
They have only sowed the seeds of their own destruction.
By setting prices above the natural market price they have created artificial market conditions that favor non Canadian producers over who they previously enjoyed a strong market advantage anyways.
They will have the high, stable price they wanted....and no takers as customers buy from the now booming and less fettered American producers.
The solutions are...
A. Drop this absurd price control scheme.
B. Lobby for protectionist trade agreements to limit/tie the hands of American producers as well.
Gee, I wonder which thing they will do.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:41 AM
Tu ne cede malis
6 millennia track record of failure, and the price controllers still never learn.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:46 AM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Sacrebleu! ...But the hand - she is invisible !!!
Apr 27, 2015, 10:51 AM
Tu ne cede malis
lol
Apr 27, 2015, 10:55 AM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
“Don’t be too hard on us,” says Rouillard. “We know that economically it’s not the best thing, but we want to protect our producers. It’s our distinct society. A lot of anglophones don’t understand us.
Oh, I understand you perfectly. You use force against innocent people in a 'protection' racket
Apr 27, 2015, 11:25 AM
whiirrrrrr
LOL, and they claim their visions for the markets don't use actual force. How about posting guards and your business, armed, then charging you for them? Idiots for letting this happen to their fellow countrymen. Yeah, Canadians are more "free" alright, just don't try to sell your products.
Apr 27, 2015, 12:15 PM
A Canadian friend once said America has the Afro Americans but we have the French. LOL.

Lots of misdeeds like this in the US also. Longshoreman's Union. A mafia run extortion group that the media won't or can't touch since before WW2. The Families that grow Hops for the beer industry. Teachers Unions etc. The latest is of course the Government Employees Unions. Where else can you work for only 20 years and get a full pension retirement.

Anybody here get 4-6 weeks a year vacation + perks

In a free society Market distortions get corrected. In a corrupt society you get more and more special interests controlling every thing. Lobbyist run Washington. AARP is one of the worst.
Apr 27, 2015, 04:29 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Of course, the answer to this is supposed to be campaign 'reform', whereby the legislators you don't trust gain even more power over elections....on the basis that you can't trust them.
Apr 27, 2015, 05:57 PM
You can't take the sky from me
But, unions protect the little guy! Those farmers must be trying to take away hard earned money from those union bosses. It's hard work busting knee caps and strong arming little old ladies.
Apr 27, 2015, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfircav8r
But, unions protect the little guy! Those farmers must be trying to take away hard earned money from those union bosses. It's hard work busting knee caps and strong arming little old ladies.
Then the little old lady should have paid her union dues on time.
Apr 28, 2015, 11:47 AM
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron 1
A Canadian friend once said America has the Afro Americans but we have the French. LOL.

Lots of misdeeds like this in the US also. Longshoreman's Union. A mafia run extortion group that the media won't or can't touch since before WW2. The Families that grow Hops for the beer industry. Teachers Unions etc. The latest is of course the Government Employees Unions. Where else can you work for only 20 years and get a full pension retirement.

Anybody here get 4-6 weeks a year vacation + perks

In a free society Market distortions get corrected. In a corrupt society you get more and more special interests controlling every thing. Lobbyist run Washington. AARP is one of the worst.
I was written into our Teamster's contract and I don't get a pension or any big money. I get 18 PTO days-period-no holidays or sick days. I DO get a Thanksgiving turkey for my $498 dollars in dues!

Where else? The military.
Apr 28, 2015, 02:26 PM
Fool on a Hill
Sounds like both America and Canada need to "start over".

"We hold these truths to be self evident..."

yada yada yada, let's get to the good part;

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

That's politics we can all get behind. It was needed over two hundred years ago and it's looking like it might be needed again very soon.
Apr 28, 2015, 05:25 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
Then the little old lady should have paid her union dues on time.
Yeah, it's a nice place she has. It would be too bad if anything were to happen to it.
Apr 28, 2015, 05:25 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depot
Sounds like both America and Canada need to "start over".

"We hold these truths to be self evident..."

yada yada yada, let's get to the good part;

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

That's politics we can all get behind. It was needed over two hundred years ago and it's looking like it might be needed again very soon.
Yes, it does.

Quick Reply