Apr 25, 2015, 06:24 AM
Thread OP
Link

Printable Plans for Jeti transmitter dc-16 / dc-14 and ds-16 / ds-14

Hello!

I started a website where one can download printable plans for jeti transmitters. The website is written in German, but you can use the built in english translator - which works hopefully enough sufficient
However - some reading should be necessary to use the plans properly. There are made as pdf's with layers and blank form fields to be completely variable in switch layout.

I made these plans to have the possibility to look up my switch assignment for the dc-16 at the airfield for each of my models. So I have the opportunity to check the assignment of the transmitter controls before starting a plane. This reduces my stress level and is a plus in safety and reduces possible malfunctions.

By now, I worked out four slightly different plans for all available jeti transmitters: two for transmitters with jeti-sticks and two for transmitters with RC Technik- sticks.

Here you can get it: http://rc-soaring.blogspot.co.at

I hope you like it!

How does it look? Here are some snapshots...
Last edited by Silie; Apr 25, 2015 at 06:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2015, 03:36 PM
Very nice Silie. Thanks !
Apr 26, 2015, 03:50 PM
Well done, I will add it to our newsletters with Jeti releases as well as our Facebook.

Thanks
Zb/Jeti USA
Apr 27, 2015, 07:16 AM
Supersonic Engineering
Oh, simply wonderful! I've been putting off doing something like this, now I don't have to. Many thanks!
Apr 30, 2015, 01:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Well done, I will add it to our newsletters with Jeti releases as well as our Facebook.

Thanks
Zb/Jeti USA
Thank you, that's great!
May 03, 2015, 01:29 PM
we need a english one now.. !
May 04, 2015, 01:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsparks
we need a english one now.. !
Hi!

The plans itself include an english headline possibility and you can fill in all other fields in english or whatever language.
Ok, the layers in the pdf are not quoted in english. Is that what you mean? I can do this if necessary...

Andreas
May 04, 2015, 05:23 AM
Hi Silie,

Great idea, many thanks for making them available and providing the translation information. Will be making up one for each of my boats.
Aug 17, 2015, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silie
Hi!

The plans itself include an english headline possibility and you can fill in all other fields in english or whatever language.
Ok, the layers in the pdf are not quoted in english. Is that what you mean? I can do this if necessary...

Andreas
Great job on the plans. I am still trying to figure out how to write in titles in English, but even in German it should work well. Thank you.
Aug 18, 2015, 03:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon
Great job on the plans. I am still trying to figure out how to write in titles in English, but even in German it should work well. Thank you.
Hi!

Just check and uncheck the corresponding eye symbols on the layer menu in Acrobat like marked on the picture below.

By the way: translations are...

Überschriften = captions
Überschriften Schatten = captions shadow
Linie = line
Schalter = switch
Taster = button
Proportionalgeber = Potentiometer
Feld = field
Knüppel = stick
links = left
rechts = right
Bewegungssensor = motion sensor

The single words can be connected together in German (for example "Knüppelschalter" - i.e. stick with switch) so try to be not confused...

Andreas
Last edited by Silie; Aug 18, 2015 at 03:24 AM.
Aug 23, 2015, 01:38 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Is the SW capable of "configuring" all of the switches such that the transmitter verifies that the switches are "correctly" set for that plane? Obviously, you would have to set the ones that are not in the correct position for that plane selected.

The one I use I can set to check (or not) each switch position as part of transmitter enabling sequence. You can bypass the check or actually move the switches as needed.

And yes, knowing that your dual rates and flight modes are set correctly prior to taking off is a good thing whether it is by a cheat sheet or through the transmitter SW.

Scott
Aug 23, 2015, 02:10 PM
Michael

Yes

I use the switch setup screen (per model basis) to configure the required position for each model. As I tend to use the same switches for flaps, retracts, flight modes, etc., and also like to have the same direction for operations, I set these all up in a few templates that I copy and then modify for a specific new plane.

The only problem I experienced is with my DS-14 when I was trying to bring across a few models from my DC-16. Ignoring the switch differences, the problem was that the physical position, on a few switches, was not congruent with the logical position.

It seems to be a "well documented feature" (AKA BUG, IMHO) for the DS. No such issue with the DC-16. I don't know if this is also true for the DS-16.

So, for example, I might have to "set" the required position of my retract switch to the "retracted" position even though it really is physically in the desired "extended" position.

As I have relegated my DS-14 to wireless trainer, I no longer have to be bothered with that anomaly.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSails
Is the SW capable of "configuring" all of the switches such that the transmitter verifies that the switches are "correctly" set for that plane? Obviously, you would have to set the ones that are not in the correct position for that plane selected.

The one I use I can set to check (or not) each switch position as part of transmitter enabling sequence. You can bypass the check or actually move the switches as needed.

And yes, knowing that your dual rates and flight modes are set correctly prior to taking off is a good thing whether it is by a cheat sheet or through the transmitter SW.

Scott
Aug 23, 2015, 04:21 PM
I use a Mac computer. I can't figure out how to make appear the sidebar with the eye symbols to check and uncheck the boxes accordingly to convert to English.
Aug 23, 2015, 04:33 PM
In search of speed......
Also on MAC doesn't seem to work for us....I save it in PDF and with preview enter all my switch and stick functions....still nice.
Aug 27, 2015, 04:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon
I use a Mac computer. I can't figure out how to make appear the sidebar with the eye symbols to check and uncheck the boxes accordingly to convert to English.
Hi!
Use Acrobat Reader, it will work as planned with it (layers etc). It is free software! https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/otherversions//

For all advanced features (saving layers, deleting boxes etc.) Acrobat is needed. That's not free. But you will also be happy with the Reader actually.

greetings
Andreas

Quick Reply