Nov 06, 2019, 03:53 PM
Smish-smash
I have one of these too, gifted me by a good friend last Christmas, and I've been collecting things it needs to make it fly. I'm planning to go 6S on a Turnigy E-Flite Power 60 equivalent - is that even feasible? Anyone done electric on this model and documented the experience? TIA
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2019, 05:15 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
I flew mine yesterday for the first time with the following gear:

Turnigy SK4260-500 500kv
Castle Edge 75 amp esc
China Hobby 3s 3000 mah (3s2p for 3s 6000 mah)
Zinger 20x11 wood prop

It flew great. Needed a lot of down elevator trim and a little right aileron trim. CG'd a bit ahead of the middle wing spar as called for in the instruction book. Very docile in the air once trimmed.

I really like my set up. That huge slow turning prop is pretty cool. Most of the flight was at half or less throttle. The eCalc prediction for mixed flight time was almost spot on. I landed after 7:42 with the batteries right at 3.8v/cell. I use telemetry to read the cells in flight.
Nov 06, 2019, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangBanger
I have one of these too, gifted me by a good friend last Christmas, and I've been collecting things it needs to make it fly. I'm planning to go 6S on a Turnigy E-Flite Power 60 equivalent - is that even feasible? Anyone done electric on this model and documented the experience? TIA
My friend Gerry flies his on that set up. Turnigy Power 60 and 6s 5000mah.
Some video I took a long time ago:

Great Planes Fokker Dr 1 In Action Part 1 (0 min 42 sec)

Great Planes Fokker Dr 1 In Action Part 2 (0 min 59 sec)

Great Planes 60 size Fokker Dr 1 In Action (3 min 27 sec)
Nov 07, 2019, 10:11 AM
Smish-smash
Brilliant - good to know and thanks for the reply.
Nov 10, 2019, 03:18 PM
Started the printing of a Le Rhone to fit inside the cowl of the Dr1. I scaled it to 190mm in diameter. Should be done printing some time Tuesday if nothing goes wrong...

I need to learn how to modify renderings. The pushrods aren't going to print well. If I knew how I would have edited them out.
Nov 10, 2019, 10:24 PM
The info screen says 10 1/2 hours printing so far.
Nov 18, 2019, 05:29 PM
I never posted the completely printed Le Rhone. Came out pretty nice. I should be able to get rid of a little nose weight now.
Nov 19, 2019, 08:05 PM
That looks great

Quick Reply