Thread Tools
Sep 18, 2019, 09:20 AM
Check my blog....
Calcifer's Avatar
I use some UHU foam glue... in the blue and yellow tube...

I doubt you will get a foam wing delivered undamaged... every foam part I have ordered has been unusable. I only buy more planes, not just parts. I dont see the sense in paying $AU25 for a main wing... or a board for $AU44 when Banggood sells a whole plane for $AU115 and only $100 when on special.... I have never had one damaged new in a box

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-UHU-...72.m2749.l2649
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 09:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer
I use some UHU foam glue... in the blue and yellow tube...

I doubt you will get a foam wing delivered undamaged... every foam part I have ordered has been unusable. I only buy more planes, not just parts. I dont see the sense in paying $AU25 for a main wing... or a board for $AU44 when Banggood sells a whole plane for $AU115 and only $100 when on special.... I have never had one damaged new in a box

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-UHU-...72.m2749.l2649
LOL the reason I ordered another entire plane! Still didn't work grrrrrrrrrrr
Sep 18, 2019, 09:35 AM
Check my blog....
Calcifer's Avatar
Who did you buy it from? I get mine fom Banggood and pay about $AU1 for insurance... haven't had to use insurance yet... the boxes generally take a beating without the plane getting damaged... even tho they are only wrapped in black plastic...

Where are you located tnriverluver?
Sep 18, 2019, 10:17 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer
Who did you buy it from? I get mine fom Banggood and pay about $AU1 for insurance... haven't had to use insurance yet... the boxes generally take a beating without the plane getting damaged... even tho they are only wrapped in black plastic...

Where are you located tnriverluver?
Ebay seller in China for $82 rtf. One of many. My first arrived a little crushed but not broken but the box was wrapped with some bubble wrap. This one was just covered in the plastic wrap they often use. I'm in West Tennessee USA
Sep 18, 2019, 11:16 AM
Check my blog....
Calcifer's Avatar
The worst damage I had was the main wing not sitting in it's place in the box properly and it got twisted, so I took the plane out and Tx... then sat the wing back in it's place in the sun and it got straight again pretty quick...

Yeah, $US82 is about $AU118 Aussie micro dollars...

I am surprised that Banggood (the big company) doesn't kick the suppliers butts over stuff arriving damaged... paying with paypal is another form of insurance too... if you have damage and a company wont try and sort it out... PayPal will freeze their account until it is fixed... so, they have to sort your issue before they get money coming in again.

Alot of people think that Banggood is a giant company with a giant warehouse... but it is not. banggood is just like ebay... the suppliers just put their profuct on the Banggood site... like sellers on ebay... that is why you may order 3 things... but they come from 'different warehouses' (aka suppliers) .... and they can be in China, Hongkong, Malaya, taiwan.... wherever the factory the thing you are buying comes from...
Sep 18, 2019, 06:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
This works very well on nearly all foams. You do have to let it sit up a few hours before use. https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Smith-Ind...85238301&psc=1
Thanks!
I will check on amazon and modelling sites to see if I can find that or some UK equivalent.
Sep 18, 2019, 06:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer
I use some UHU foam glue... in the blue and yellow tube...

I doubt you will get a foam wing delivered undamaged... every foam part I have ordered has been unusable. I only buy more planes, not just parts. I dont see the sense in paying $AU25 for a main wing... or a board for $AU44 when Banggood sells a whole plane for $AU115 and only $100 when on special.... I have never had one damaged new in a box

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-UHU-...72.m2749.l2649
Thanks for the link, I'll give a go to the UHU glue then.

As for buying fragile spares from China, yes, it is a risk I think..
But then, I used paypal with delayed payment, and spent 0.26 extra for having the goods sent again if damaged in transit. So, perhaps that will giv eme some leverage in case of problems.
But yes, the replacement wing costed me 15% of theprice of the plane as new, so not exactly cheap..
Sep 18, 2019, 06:47 PM
Registered User
For the cost to replace individual parts compared to just getting another plane for me just getting another plane is cheaper in the long run, Boards go bad, servos go bad, ESCs go bad, motors go bad, you get the picture. And you can always use some or all of the parts in another plane at some point. Just wish they had a BNF so I don't accumulate more receivers I won't use. I recently looked at all the parts for an EFlite plane individually and came out to nearly 3 times the cost of the plane and it didn't include nearly all the parts needed.
Sep 19, 2019, 07:35 PM
Registered User
Out of curiosity, do you think the stabilizer in the A600 could be used on another plane, provide it has ailerons?
I guess servos, engine, ESC and so forth are quite generic.
But I was wondering if stabilizations system and the rates one the remote might be somewhat tailored on a certain type and size of plane.
I ordered a new wing and body, so in any case I will need to move the electronics.
Maybe I can fit them to some DIY experiment and see how they fare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
For the cost to replace individual parts compared to just getting another plane for me just getting another plane is cheaper in the long run, Boards go bad, servos go bad, ESCs go bad, motors go bad, you get the picture. And you can always use some or all of the parts in another plane at some point. Just wish they had a BNF so I don't accumulate more receivers I won't use. I recently looked at all the parts for an EFlite plane individually and came out to nearly 3 times the cost of the plane and it didn't include nearly all the parts needed.
Oct 06, 2019, 11:37 AM
Registered User
I'm about ready to give up on these planes and just strip my spare for parts. They just seem to have a mind of their own from time to time with the rudder turning full left and the elevator wanting to still go up under throttle out of safe mode. I have to keep it airborne for about half the battery before it decides to settle down and fly normally! I'll admit to not being the greatest pilot in the world but none of my other planes give me any issues during flight but it's a battle to keep this one from suddenly going into death spirals. Flies OK on safe but not off which is where I prefer to fly it. Fortunately after a lot of taping the leading edges of all control surfaces as well as the wing attachment points it's taken some hard crashes with zero damage. I'll likely change out the receiver on the one I have been flying at some point to something that works better.
Last edited by tnriverluver; Oct 06, 2019 at 01:49 PM.
Oct 06, 2019, 06:20 PM
Registered User
mbioman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAl
Out of curiosity, do you think the stabilizer in the A600 could be used on another plane, provide it has ailerons?
I guess servos, engine, ESC and so forth are quite generic.
But I was wondering if stabilizations system and the rates one the remote might be somewhat tailored on a certain type and size of plane.
I ordered a new wing and body, so in any case I will need to move the electronics.
Maybe I can fit them to some DIY experiment and see how they fare.
The A600 stabilized system can absolutely be used on other planes:
Micro FT Mini Corsair (3 min 49 sec)
Oct 06, 2019, 10:16 PM
Registered User
Mudslide's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
I'm about ready to give up on these planes and just strip my spare for parts. They just seem to have a mind of their own from time to time with the rudder turning full left and the elevator wanting to still go up under throttle out of safe mode. I have to keep it airborne for about half the battery before it decides to settle down and fly normally! I'll admit to not being the greatest pilot in the world but none of my other planes give me any issues during flight but it's a battle to keep this one from suddenly going into death spirals. Flies OK on safe but not off which is where I prefer to fly it. Fortunately after a lot of taping the leading edges of all control surfaces as well as the wing attachment points it's taken some hard crashes with zero damage. I'll likely change out the receiver on the one I have been flying at some point to something that works better.
After mine, a new one in it's 3rd flight, went full left rudder the wind just carried it away, circling endlessly until it was completely lost. No more of these for me.
Oct 06, 2019, 11:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide
After mine, a new one in it's 3rd flight, went full left rudder the wind just carried it away, circling endlessly until it was completely lost. No more of these for me.
I ordered a couple of these, one will go into this plane and hopefully make it flyable at least on calm days. Yeah this is a bit disappointing for an otherwise cool little plane that can fly quite well. https://www.banggood.com/CM410X-2_4G...r_warehouse=CN The other will be used on my Sport Cub s if or when I ever decide to make it brushless but it's otherwise pretty much retired now since I enjoy the UMX Timber much much more.
Oct 07, 2019, 06:28 PM
Registered User
I've got one of these planes on the way but maybe I should have done more research... Is it just the rx that is faulty? Any chance it would do better with a Corona R6SF rx?
Last edited by Sweetbreeze; Oct 12, 2019 at 01:32 PM. Reason: clarity
Yesterday, 10:19 AM
Registered User
I'll have to experiment with the R6SF if/when the stock rx fails and report back.

I also came across what looks to be a better made esc for this plane. It has more FETs and is shrink wrapped. Anyone have experience/or know if this is an upgraded esc? https://www.ebay.com/itm/XK-DHC-2-A6...8AAOSwiJBdgf02


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools