Sep 05, 2019, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
The XK X7 is a good radio with pretty nice gimbals. It only has 10 model slots though.

You might be interested to know that it actually has an 8th channel that you can access by adding another 2-position switch (see this post).
That's nice to know. I have a couple of extra switches that I keep on hand after dropping my Tanranis once and breaking one. They might work in this but I doubt I'll ever use this for anything other than these planes. Pretty much a Spektrum guy. These planes are just so cheap for what you get they're hard to turn down lol.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2019, 11:09 AM
If you have a Taranis, why don't you use a multi-protocol module to bind to this plane? That is what I use for mine (well, I actually have the XK A430 but, it has the same electronics as the A600).

The XK X7 is good but, it pales in comparison with my Taranis X9D+ with Hall effect gimbals.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Sep 05, 2019 at 11:23 AM.
Sep 05, 2019, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
If you have a Taranis, why don't you use a multi-protocol module to bind to this plane? That is what I use for mine (well, I actually have the XK A430 but, it has the same electronics as the A600).

The XK X7 is good but, it pales in comparison with my Taranis X9D+ with Hall effect gimbals.
The X7 was less than $40 shipped. Not a big investment here. And after a little searching I couldn't find a module that for certain worked with these planes protocol.
Sep 05, 2019, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver
The X7 was less than $40 shipped. Not a big investment here. And after a little searching I couldn't find a module that for certain worked with these planes protocol.
They use the S-FHSS protocol. All the multi-protocol modules that have a CC2500 chip (and most all of them do) will work with it.

This one is probably the best choice for a Taranis X9D+ or QX7, as you can easily update it through USB, should you need too (but, you probably won't). I have this one but, it is older. I have to use a programmer to update it, it doesn't have as much memory and, I had to print my own case for it.

This one will work for an X-Lite.

There are others. BTW, they'll all work with your DSM2/DSMX receivers too.

But, as I said, I think you'll be happy with the XK X7 radio. I still use mine for some models.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Sep 05, 2019 at 02:12 PM.
Sep 07, 2019, 12:07 PM
Took off yesterday afternoon, preflight check and everything working as it should. Lost all flight control after takeoff except throttle and if flew about 150 feet climbing straight towards the top of a large tree!!! I cut the throttle just in time and it stalled and it fell just brushing the tree limbs but not getting stuck in the tree. It crashed onto the very edge of a metal carport underneath the trees snapping the wing in half along the fuselage. A little CA and she's nearly good as new and flying great this morning. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.
Sep 08, 2019, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Took off yesterday afternoon, preflight check and everything working as it should. Lost all flight control after takeoff except throttle and if flew about 150 feet climbing straight towards the top of a large tree!!! I cut the throttle just in time and it stalled and it fell just brushing the tree limbs but not getting stuck in the tree. It crashed onto the very edge of a metal carport underneath the trees snapping the wing in half along the fuselage. A little CA and she's nearly good as new and flying great this morning. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.
I had something similar happen with the XKA430. It turned out my battery had some movement and pressed into my bind button. The plane lost all control and just kept flying until I cut throttle and it fell shearing a wing on a mailbox. I repositioned both and secured the battery with Velcro and haven't had the problem since.

My A600 has been an amazing flier. The bind button was already of of the way, but I've seen photos where this isn't the case, so you may want to check.
Sep 08, 2019, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbioman
I had something similar happen with the XKA430. It turned out my battery had some movement and pressed into my bind button. The plane lost all control and just kept flying until I cut throttle and it fell shearing a wing on a mailbox. I repositioned both and secured the battery with Velcro and haven't had the problem since.

My A600 has been an amazing flier. The bind button was already of of the way, but I've seen photos where this isn't the case, so you may want to check.
That might have been what happened. I switched the plane to a JST connector yesterday that enables me to use all my 300mah Venon batteries instead. They have both the JST, EFlite style, and the balance plug so the 3 wires make it a pain to get in the battery compartment but they ain't going nowhere after you do!!!!
Sep 16, 2019, 12:26 PM
Hello everybody!

I am a beginner and having some trouble with my A600, which I otherwise like a lot.
I posted a message about it in the beginners section of the forum, and a member kindly suggested to post here instead, given the issues are specific to the A600.

Very briefly:
1) Since day one, I had an intermittent problem with the motor switching off after a few seconds when setting full throttle, and after 10 or so when half throttle. Pushing the throttle to zero and then up will cause the motor to start again and the switch off again.
The other channels work fine when the problem happens.
The thing lead to several crashes and when it starts happens disconnecting the battery and/or switching off the remote does not help. Opening the plane and unplugging the motor once or twice seems to sort it temporarily.
2) Calibrating, which is another way of sorting the problem above, is very hit and miss on my plane. Most of times pulling the sticks diagonally in opposite directions does not seem to do anything. But once it did kick in and the throttle problem was gone.
3) Plane climbing all the time: This only started happening at the end of the first day. When in stabilized mode, the elevator raise when keeping the plane level, causing it to climb. The elevator only go to a neutral position with the plane pointing 30 degrees or so up. Trimming does not help and in order to keep it level I need to push down the stick all the time. Loosing altitude is impossible unless I disable the stabilizer and take a dive.

Did anybody run into the above problems and/or could offer a solution?
I sent a message to the Aliexpress seller I bought it from, they ask for videos, which I will send them.
It is such a pity, given when it flies fine it is a very good plane, at least, I enjoy it a lot. But it has now crashed so much due to the above issues and I had to glue it over and over again..
If it did fly correctly I would not mind the patched look, it is lots of fun when it works..

Thanks for any advice, I am a bit at loss!
Sep 16, 2019, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAl
Hello everybody!

I am a beginner and having some trouble with my A600, which I otherwise like a lot.
I posted a message about it in the beginners section of the forum, and a member kindly suggested to post here instead, given the issues are specific to the A600.

Very briefly:
1) Since day one, I had an intermittent problem with the motor switching off after a few seconds when setting full throttle, and after 10 or so when half throttle. Pushing the throttle to zero and then up will cause the motor to start again and the switch off again.
The other channels work fine when the problem happens.
The thing lead to several crashes and when it starts happens disconnecting the battery and/or switching off the remote does not help. Opening the plane and unplugging the motor once or twice seems to sort it temporarily.
2) Calibrating, which is another way of sorting the problem above, is very hit and miss on my plane. Most of times pulling the sticks diagonally in opposite directions does not seem to do anything. But once it did kick in and the throttle problem was gone.
3) Plane climbing all the time: This only started happening at the end of the first day. When in stabilized mode, the elevator raise when keeping the plane level, causing it to climb. The elevator only go to a neutral position with the plane pointing 30 degrees or so up. Trimming does not help and in order to keep it level I need to push down the stick all the time. Loosing altitude is impossible unless I disable the stabilizer and take a dive.

Did anybody run into the above problems and/or could offer a solution?
I sent a message to the Aliexpress seller I bought it from, they ask for videos, which I will send them.
It is such a pity, given when it flies fine it is a very good plane, at least, I enjoy it a lot. But it has now crashed so much due to the above issues and I had to glue it over and over again..
If it did fly correctly I would not mind the patched look, it is lots of fun when it works..

Thanks for any advice, I am a bit at loss!
Sounds like a bad battery to me that's triggering low voltage cutoff. Next up would be the ESC but my money is on the battery. The elevator thing is normal and is programmed into the Stabilized flight. No changing but either let off the throttle a bit and it goes down or you can apply down elevator to counter it. It does not do this in non stabilized mode.
Sep 16, 2019, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Sounds like a bad battery to me that's triggering low voltage cutoff. Next up would be the ESC but my money is on the battery. The elevator thing is normal and is programmed into the Stabilized flight. No changing but either let off the throttle a bit and it goes down or you can apply down elevator to counter it. It does not do this in non stabilized mode.

First of all, thanks so much for getting back to me, appreciated!

Sorry, I missed to give some details for sake of brevity.
Low voltage cutoff sounds would be a very likely explanation, but the thing is, I have 4 brand new batteries, from different sources. When the problem appears, it does happen with any of the batteries. I tested with all of them, thinking one might defective. Conversely, when the problem does not happen, the motor will stay on as normal with all of them. So it seems to me some kind of issue with either the electronics or the remote.
I am wonderign whether there is some kind of reset procedure.

Regarding the stabilized mode, the behaviour of my plane when is in 6g is a bit more dramatic then a gentle tendency to climb which can be countered by reducing throttle and applying down elevator.
Rather, left to its own device, the plane will point up 30 degrees and ascend pretty fast. When applying full down elevator and cutting off throttle entirely, it will glide level. The onyl way to bring it down is to switch to 3D.
This is not the normal behaviour, I think. It started happening at the end of the first day, before the 6g acted more like you describe and would allow me to loose altitude while preventing plunging.

After going once more through the atrociously translated manual, I spotted a bit about correcting ailerons and elevator inclination. It instructed to turn on the plane and the trasmitter, balance the plane do to keep it level and then correcting the inclination by detaching the rod from the horn and rotating the connector to change the rod's length.

So I did, and now the elevator stays neutral when the plane is level. How well this will work in practise, I do not know, but I am hoping to test it tomorrow (if the engine problem gives me a break).

This is my reworded version, the original read as follows

Receiver plugs introduction
Aileron socket
deirection socket
Rudder adjustment of plane
1. Put into battery for the plane, Aileron/lift Rudder
Vertical rudder Should back to middle. If the rudder
is not in the middle position, By hand rotation of the
adjustment will be adjusted to the middle position
of the rudder.
2. The Motor can not start when you adjust the plane.
Gyro in the state of close. Gyro in the situation of
repairing, can not adjust surface correctly to the
position of middle.
3. Wire spin to the right to shorten the length of
push-pull wire, left spin can be extend length of
push-pull wire.
Note:
1. Adjust the steel wire of whole surface, The Transmitter must be close.
Sep 17, 2019, 12:29 AM
Check my blog....
I am a black belt in Chinglish... I think what they are saying, is when you put the battery in the plane, put the plane on a level surface (or slightly nose down) with wings level... this way, the gyros set in this configuration (the gyros know what level is)

I have seen people put the battery in with the plane dangling tail down prop up. The gyros think this is level.

So, make the plane level (slightly nose down) .... Tx on (trims neutral), plug in battery... you should hear it set. Look at the ailerons, they should look the same angle both sides (not one level and the other slightly raised or whatever)... they should pretty much look like the rest of the wing profile)

The rudder should be pretty well zero (that is why the motor/propeller are offset, so the rudder doesnt have to be)

The elevators should be fairly well level with the tail... not up nor down. If any of the surfaces are looking out of spec, adjust the rod ends to they look correct.Test the controls with the plane still sitting level... the ailerons should move opposite, 1 up and 1 down... when you let go of the stick, they should return to level. Test elevator, back stick they should both come up, down stick, they should both go down ... rudder, left and right... when you let go of all sticks, it should all go back to 'level'. Pick up the plane turn it each side, nose up and nose down... then put it back to level. The servos should have all gone nuts while you moving it around... back to level, they should all be level once more and no more noise of servos working. Test fly it.

I have 6 of these planes, they have all been tail heavy (CoG rearward) so I add some extra weight in the nose compartment..... so maybe tape a small rock or metal nut up front in the engine compartment.

I have some rc helis that this is critical... whatever the position it is in when connected, is accepted as level by the electronics... makes for some awkward takeoffs.

The reasons I can think of for a motor to stop under load are, bad battery or connector or bad solder joint on board. A thermal/heat cut off if the motor or board gets too hot. A severe vibration from a motor or prop 'out of balance' Or a faulty motor/Rx or Tx and bumping the bind button.

Maybe you could try not using full throttle right to the top... (dont move throttle stick to limit) or try trimming the throttle way down so it cant reach full power? Try flying it with only 3/4 power... see if it still stops?
Sep 17, 2019, 10:02 AM
Just lovely This is a plane I orderer simply as a spare. Wonderful postal service handling GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Easily fixable but still!!!!!
Sep 17, 2019, 05:56 PM
Hi and thanks of all the advice!
Regarding the procedure to correct the rods length, I agree, tha tis what the manual seems to suggest.
I gave it a go yesterday night and managed to fix it.

For the brief moment I managed to fly the plane, in 6g it seemed to fly level. If anything, this time it required a bit of extra elevation from time to time, so perhaps I tightened the rod too much, but not dramatically so.
However, I managed to crash the plane breaking the main wind right where I had already fixed it with CA.
The first time around the fix worked perfectly, but this time the glue will not stick (and I noticed that it eats the foam..)

Anyway, I cannot complain. This time the throttle worked just fine, and the crash is entirely my fault
I spent a few hours yesterday fixing the plane, I was all happy and burning to fly it.
So, as soon as I had a moment today, I went to the park. The wind was stronger than I expected,and coming from a direction which put me in a tight spot with too many trees, but the walk to get there is long, so I decided to give it a go anyway.
And got punished for it. Fair enough, we live to learn I guess.. I ordered a replacement wing from China, which will take forever to come (hopefully in one piece).
In the meanwhile, I might get hold of some foam and try and replicate the profile of the wing. I mean, the worst thing that can happen is that it will not fly, and perhaps I will learn something about making my own models..

Regarding the engine, I supect that the problem might be transmitter related. The batteries are brand new, and I tested with 4 of them. The wiring seems fine, upon inspection. When the problem happens, which is not all the time, pushing the throttle just a bit will keep the motor runnign a bit longer than when pushed fully. But still, it will switch off after 10 seconds or so.
Today it worked fine.. Which probably was a bad thing, given I crashed the plane.

When I receive my spares, or fashion my replacement wings, whatever comes first, I will try and balance it.

Thanks again !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer
I am a black belt in Chinglish... I think what they are saying, is when you put the battery in the plane, put the plane on a level surface (or slightly nose down) with wings level... this way, the gyros set in this configuration (the gyros know what level is)

I have seen people put the ba tttery in with the plane dangling tail down prop up. The gyros think this is level.

So, make the plane level (slightly nose down) .... Tx on (trims neutral), plug in battery... you should hear it set. Look at the ailerons, they should look the same angle both sides (not one level and the other slightly raised or whatever)... they should pretty much look like the rest of the wing profile)

The rudder should be pretty well zero (that is why the motor/propeller are offset, so the rudder doesnt have to be)

The elevators should be fairly well level with the tail... not up nor down. If any of the surfaces are looking out of spec, adjust the rod ends to they look correct.Test the controls with the plane still sitting level... the ailerons should move opposite, 1 up and 1 down... when you let go of the stick, they should return to level. Test elevator, back stick they should both come up, down stick, they should both go down ... rudder, left and right... when you let go of all sticks, it should all go back to 'level'. Pick up the plane turn it each side, nose up and nose down... then put it back to level. The servos should have all gone nuts while you moving it around... back to level, they should all be level once more and no more noise of servos working. Test fly it.

I have 6 of these planes, they have all been tail heavy (CoG rearward) so I add some extra weight in the nose compartment..... so maybe tape a small rock or metal nut up front in the engine compartment.

I have some rc helis that this is critical... whatever the position it is in when connected, is accepted as level by the electronics... makes for some awkward takeoffs.

The reasons I can think of for a motor to stop under load are, bad battery or connector or bad solder joint on board. A thermal/heat cut off if the motor or board gets too hot. A severe vibration from a motor or prop 'out of balance' Or a faulty motor/Rx or Tx and bumping the bind button.

Maybe you could try not using full throttle right to the top... (dont move throttle stick to limit) or try trimming the throttle way down so it cant reach full power? Try flying it with only 3/4 power... see if it still stops?
Last edited by McAl; Sep 17, 2019 at 06:03 PM.
Sep 17, 2019, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Just lovely This is a plane I orderer simply as a spare. Wonderful postal service handling GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Easily fixable but still!!!!!
Jeez.. what a bother.. I assume they will replace it for you?
Actually, I just ordered some spares from BangGood. I suppose I should not give for granted that they will come in one piece..

I realized that CA eats through the A600 foam like crazy.
Do you know about any suitable glues?
Epoxy perhaps?
Sep 17, 2019, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAl
Jeez.. what a bother.. I assume they will replace it for you?
Actually, I just ordered some spares from BangGood. I suppose I should not give for granted that they will come in one piece..

I realized that CA eats through the A600 foam like crazy.
Do you know about any suitable glues?
Epoxy perhaps?
This works very well on nearly all foams. You do have to let it sit up a few hours before use. https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Smith-Ind...85238301&psc=1

Quick Reply