Jul 16, 2015, 10:56 PM
Has anyone tried replacing the flight controller/receiver yet? I am looking for a nice small brushless plane to host a CC3D Atom and satellite receiver. This looks like a great platform for that but hoping someone has tried replacing the receiver already.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2015, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calif RC Guy
Has anyone tried replacing the flight controller/receiver yet? I am looking for a nice small brushless plane to host a CC3D Atom and satellite receiver. This looks like a great platform for that but hoping someone has tried replacing the receiver already.
Its very easy to do. I replaced the stock receiver with a Frsky V5DM but switched back to the stock system because I get terrible range at my local park with the Frsky RX.
I did post a video of the A600 flying with the V5DM in my review but ended up crashing it...

The attached pic is of the stock RX, the servos & ESC use micro JST connectors with a 1.25 pitch.
Jul 22, 2015, 11:28 PM
Walked away from all landings

DHC-2 A600 - Model arrived with defective servo and

HI,how does it fly? Is the Gyro needed or not?
Last edited by DonRhone; Jul 28, 2015 at 07:49 PM.
Jul 24, 2015, 01:13 AM

Xk dhc-2 a600

Has anyone replaced/removed the servo unit out of the wing? A cursory look shows a large drab of glue holding in the servo.
Last edited by DonRhone; Jul 28, 2015 at 07:50 PM.
Jul 24, 2015, 12:21 PM
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRhone
Well I was contacted by Bang_good today.

They wanted information on the labels that were on the mailing package and a video of the problem.

I can see the need to verify the problem so the video should take care of that, as to the labels on the box, I have no idea why they would want that information.

I indicated that the box was in good condition and there was no damage to the rc plane resulting from being handled during delivery.

I have never dealt with a problem with Bang_good, will see how well their customer service is.

Will post updates incase anyone may be interested in my progress in resolving this issue.
I'm thinking the box labels probably have lot numbers, build date codes, or other information that would be useful to them.
Jul 25, 2015, 12:30 AM
I have 2 A600s, one crashed and I wanted another that is in better condition. Being used to the SCS, this plane feels much different. Took a few flights for me to feel confident with it. I fly in 6G mode mostly, but I find in 3D, it rolls much easier and faster than the SCS. I agree the tail wheel is small and fragile, my original one only has the wheel holder left
Jul 25, 2015, 05:09 AM
I also lost the tail wheel at some point, seems they don't want to stay on there for too long..... Only the wire mounting was left so I replaced it with a foam skid/wedge, it works just as well.
Jul 27, 2015, 12:21 PM
The spare parts for the DHC 2 arrived at Banggood: https://www.banggood.com/buy/XK-DHC-spare-part.html
@ limmacslim: no tail wheel though available (for now) though.
Last edited by Nelis; Sep 05, 2015 at 02:48 PM.
Jul 27, 2015, 02:36 PM

Defective DHC-2 A600

Anyone remove and replace a wing servo?
Last edited by DonRhone; Jul 28, 2015 at 07:51 PM.
Jul 28, 2015, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelis
The spare parts for the DHC 2 arrived at Banggood: https://www.banggood.com/buy/XK-DHC-spare-part.html
@ limmacslim: no tail wheel though available (for now) though.
Im actually pretty happy using a depron skid . The original tail gear is so soft that it only works properly on a smooth surface (sports hall etc), I am flying this bird outdoors on rough grass so the skid probably work better.

The foam is pretty soft & does not crash too well so its good to see cheap replacement wings etc.
Jul 29, 2015, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicechuck
I fly in 6G mode mostly, but I find in 3D ...
So what are these modes? I'm familiar with "traditional" 3D, but what's with "6G"?

Gene K
Jul 30, 2015, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01
So what are these modes? I'm familiar with "traditional" 3D, but what's with "6G"?

Gene K
6G is just like a multirotors autolevel mode. Bank & pitch angles are limited to 45 degrees so no rolls or loops are possible, it will autolevel itself on the pitch & roll axis when you release the stick. Your stick position is relative to the angle the aircraft holds rather than it being proportional to the speed or rate of roll/pitch (3d mode).
Rudder is mixed to the ailerons so applying aileron results in a mixture of yawing & rolling similar to a rudder only plane that has lots of dihedral.
Its pretty easy to fly, you can randomly slam the right stick around at full throw & it will not do anything too dramatic.

In practice it makes it feel a lot like a 3ch RET plane that levels itself on the pitch/roll axis when you release the sticks & wont tip over at all. I did not expect to enjoy 6G mode but I do switch over sometimes & just mooch about . I like to think of it as an electronic RET mode.
Sep 03, 2015, 11:32 AM
can someone take a pic of the prop and the prop adapter curious if it (prop & adapter) would work with the flyzone aircore planes
Sep 05, 2015, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcamach
can someone take a pic of the prop and the prop adapter curious if it (prop & adapter) would work with the flyzone aircore planes
It will probably be a pain trying to fit this prop/adapter to another motor https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...40&postcount=5

It's not the best prop anyway, it does the job & is light but both props that came with my plane were quite far out of balance.
I just googled the aircore stuff (pretty cool) & it looks like you could fit most props that come with little adapter sleeves onto the aircore prop adapter?
Sep 07, 2015, 10:51 PM
Hello guys, banggood will provide special price( only 95.99$) for XK A600 in 9.9 Anniversary Sale(9th Sep. only one day).

Quick Reply