Jun 20, 2015, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
Need you to check the procedure to toggle between 6G vs 3D mode when you do get to fly it; verify that the instructions on the manual is correct.
The manual is correct but it says to push the right stick (mode 2) for one second which did confuse me.

If you push the right stick & hold it down there is a single beep but it does not change modes. You need to push the stick in & release it quickly, so just a brief single click & it emits a double beep (low then high tone).
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2015, 10:29 AM
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
Quote:
snip...

Why not?

snip...
Mostly the radio issue. As in: do I really want another one-plane radio?

No.

Do I really want a plane I have no hope of flying with my Taranis?

No.

Futaba modules, if you can find the right one, are brutally expensive. It would cost me more for a module than they're asking for the plane. If, as I said, I could find one.

It's about 40mm smaller (wing span) than my Sport Cub S. I'm really interested in learning to fly bigger planes.

it's mighty good looking, though, and from the videos appears to have a much wider flight envelope than the Sport Cub S, which would provide me some room to learn and improve. As a rank beginner learning more and developing my skills are always on my mind.

And Sport Cub S motors don't last much longer than a six pack of beer. Of course, they don't cost much more, either.
Jun 20, 2015, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Chill
Very good looking plane. Can it be bound to a spektrum tx? How hard is it to get spare parts?
This plane will be easy to convert to any protocol because the servos & esc are not all mounted on a single board.

The included Futaba receiver only handles the gyro stuff (& has some onboard mixing). When im finished testing it out I will probably put a frsky rx inside (pic underneath). I believe Spektrum has a similar rx with compatible plugs. Again, swapping the rx will loose the gyro stabilization so if that's a deal breaker you will have to stick with the stock tx (or get a futaba radio).
Jun 20, 2015, 10:37 AM
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
Quote:
Originally Posted by limmacslim
This plane will be easy to convert to any protocol because the servos & esc are not all mounted on a single board.

The included Futaba receiver only handles the gyro stuff (& has some onboard mixing). When im finished testing it out I will probably put a frsky rx inside (pic underneath). I believe Spektrum has a similar rx with compatible plugs.
Is that the little micro plug Frsky rx? I have one of those in stock. Can't remember the number and it's in another building.
Jun 20, 2015, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowJeff
Is that the little micro plug Frsky rx? I have one of those in stock. Can't remember the number and it's in another building.
Yes, its the little 2g one with the micro plugs "VD5M"
http://www.frsky-rc.com/product/pro.php?pro_id=10

I just double checked & it has the correct plugs .
Jun 20, 2015, 10:53 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Thread OP
On the topic of mixing, I have to say I don't like the rudder mixing during aileron inputs. I'd like to do it manually, my way, especially in 3D mode. But no, it can't be disabled.

Even in 3D mode, the stabilization system is still active. This is somewhat strange to me. I expect no stabilization in 3D mode, or at least let me disable stabilization in 3D mode. But no, it can't be disabled.

This makes me feel weird when flying in 3D mode. When I see the plane bank due to a gust of wind, I will correct the bank angle it manually, but the stabilization system kicks in and corrects the bank angle automatically. The combination of manual and auto corrections confuses me.

The rear wheel is fragile. Mine came off during a run up on a bumpy road.

I sorely miss the ability to add expo to reduce the aileron and elevator sensitivities at mid-stick. But I suppose after getting used to the sensitive sticks, I should be able enjoy the plane more.
Jun 20, 2015, 11:27 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Thread OP
My first flight.

XK A600 5CH Brushless DHC-2 Scale Plane - First Flight (3 min 55 sec)

The next one at a less windy location should be better.
Jun 20, 2015, 12:27 PM
Im not really a fan of mixing or stabilization either, I much prefer to feel what the airframe is doing & react accordingly.

The tx also looks very much like a WLToys product.... It has a dead zone in the center of the sticks just like their other non gimbal tx's. I have not managed to fly mine yet but this does make the sticks very sensitive in the middle.
Jun 20, 2015, 01:19 PM
Hmmm so 6G looks nice and stable but surprised to hear 3D doesn't disable the stabilisation. Also the rudder / aileron mixing being non adjustable.....

A bit disappointed actually. Shouldn't be I guess at the price but I do prefer more manual control and settings.
Jun 20, 2015, 01:56 PM
I will also post a review for Tmart & get some video of what the gyro does. Its pretty much just like a multicopter FC (multiwii, KK2 etc).

As far as im aware 3g/3d modes operation is the same as eflite's AS3X & 6g is the equivalent of SAFE.
Jun 20, 2015, 03:06 PM
Rc Lover
Hi guys,
When I've first seen this plane, I've wondered about real life tests and reviews. So thank you very much for brand new videos. It helps a lot.
BUT
Firstly I am confused with the channel count. The original XK site says it has 4ch while Banggood refers it has 5...
The second thing is flaps... On XK web site, it is written "digitally controlled flaps" on the box. But in real it doesn't... And, if it has 5ch and lacking of flaps, what does the 5th channel belong with? Throttle, rudder, aileron, elevator and 5th ?
It is also written "novel parachute drop system"... What does it mean?
Something is really weird with the plane. Doesn't the inventor sure about full specifications?
I am thinking to buy it, but first I (or Banggood and / or XK Company) must sure about the full specifications of the aircraft.
Have a safe flight!
Thanks
Jun 20, 2015, 04:06 PM
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidologist
Hi guys,
When I've first seen this plane, I've wondered about real life tests and reviews. So thank you very much for brand new videos. It helps a lot.
BUT
Firstly I am confused with the channel count. The original XK site says it has 4ch while Banggood refers it has 5...
The second thing is flaps... On XK web site, it is written "digitally controlled flaps" on the box. But in real it doesn't... And, if it has 5ch and lacking of flaps, what does the 5th channel belong with? Throttle, rudder, aileron, elevator and 5th ?
It is also written "novel parachute drop system"... What does it mean?
Something is really weird with the plane. Doesn't the inventor sure about full specifications?
I am thinking to buy it, but first I (or Banggood and / or XK Company) must sure about the full specifications of the aircraft.
Have a safe flight!
Thanks
The 5th channel controls the status of the Flight Control / Stabilization system. That I'm pretty sure of - that's how all the stabilizer systems work.

About your other questions I have no clue.
Jun 20, 2015, 04:17 PM
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
Quote:
On the topic of mixing, I have to say I don't like the rudder mixing during aileron inputs. I'd like to do it manually, my way, especially in 3D mode. But no, it can't be disabled.

Even in 3D mode, the stabilization system is still active. This is somewhat strange to me. I expect no stabilization in 3D mode, or at least let me disable stabilization in 3D mode. But no, it can't be disabled.

This makes me feel weird when flying in 3D mode. When I see the plane bank due to a gust of wind, I will correct the bank angle it manually, but the stabilization system kicks in and corrects the bank angle automatically. The combination of manual and auto corrections confuses me.

The rear wheel is fragile. Mine came off during a run up on a bumpy road.

I sorely miss the ability to add expo to reduce the aileron and elevator sensitivities at mid-stick. But I suppose after getting used to the sensitive sticks, I should be able enjoy the plane more.
Quote:
My first flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDN9I0Fslcs

The next one at a less windy location should be better.
Very useful commentary & video. Thank you.

When you were flying knife edge was that the mix controlling the rudder, or you, or a combination?
Jun 20, 2015, 04:37 PM
yank and bank!!
If the plane is what they say it is and the video is true, this plane is a lot better than the champ.... can you imagine the possibility that some day all beginner planes have brushless power?
Jun 20, 2015, 04:51 PM
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
Quote:
Originally Posted by failboat
If the plane is what they say it is and the video is true, this plane is a lot better than the champ.... can you imagine the possibility that some day all beginner planes have brushless power?
I dunno... in one sense I think this is what the Sport Cub S should have been - but then I've tortured my Sport Cub S with dozens of hard landings in coarse grass, and its back wheel hasn't fallen off... and I can drastically reduce, although not quite totally eliminate, the rudder mix in "Expert" mode...

I wish they (XK) had put a little more focus in the overall execution.

But the ridiculous motor in the Sport Cub S is hard to forgive. And they put it in other planes that simply should be better. All I can think of is they bought an entire boatload of them four or five years ago and the suckers (that would be us) are gonna buy every last one of them before the first brushless UMX hits the market. Period.

Quick Reply