This thread is privately moderated by davidterrell80, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:14 PM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
Thread OP
Discussion

Horten Ho 229 V3 Restoration Update

Quote:
The Horten Ho 229 V3 is currently visible to the public inside the Mary Baker Engen Restoration Hangar at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia, while staff work to document the aircraft's condition and stabilize its delicate structure.
http://airandspace.si.edu/collections/horten-ho-229-v3/

I live a few miles from the Udvar-Hazy Center and saw the work a few days ago.
Latest blog entry: RCM Magazine Covers
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2015, 05:27 AM
AMA 79169
Thank you for the post David.
I envy your proximity to the U-H.C.

One of the Horten gliders was studied at the old Northrop Institute after the war.
On this last trip to Muncie, I donated an eBay purchase of some papers from there to the artifacts collection. The papers were a study made of the Horten glider with detailed drawings of critical sections.

Also included was a 3 view of a proposed 2 seat, flying wing glider to be built at the N.A.I.
On the back of the (large format) 3 view were hand written notes on the model of the proposed 2 seater.

History can be fun and constantly gives us perspectives and views we wouldn't normally see.

-=Doug

Quick Reply