Thread Tools
Dec 06, 2019, 07:10 PM
[intentionally blank]
fprintf's Avatar
Is it worth buying Classic if I already have Recharged? I'm getting a bit bored with the included 4 levels and went looking for extra tracks. It seems as if there are more for classic, plus it has a track generator. Alternatively I can buy the DLC for $3, which I'll have to go on YouTube to see what you get for your cup of coffee price!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2019, 06:45 AM
Registered User

Make your own levels


Quote:
Originally Posted by fprintf
Is it worth buying Classic if I already have Recharged? I'm getting a bit bored with the included 4 levels and went looking for extra tracks. It seems as if there are more for classic, plus it has a track generator. Alternatively I can buy the DLC for $3, which I'll have to go on YouTube to see what you get for your cup of coffee price!
If youíre bored with the included levels, why not make your own with the level editor in Recharged? The possibilities are endless and you can post levels on this forum. Hereís 3 levels Iíve made with the editor, enjoy!

Bando Business Park
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bGA...w?usp=drivesdk

Rocky Canyon
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ljV...w?usp=drivesdk

The Creek
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G25...w?usp=drivesdk
Dec 07, 2019, 07:35 AM
Registered User
Bored? As in seeing what happens if you hit the jeep's windshield flying full bore.

/Yep, do it right and you end up inside the jeep for about a half second.
//Yep, I know it's not a Jeep, but I'm calling it that, anyway.
Dec 07, 2019, 08:46 AM
[intentionally blank]
fprintf's Avatar
Awesome, thank you for the files. Now to go on a hunt through this thread to figure out how to install the files on a Mac, which is never the most intuitive thing for a former Windows user!
Dec 07, 2019, 09:05 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
If you only have four levels in Recharged you must be running a very old version, in the latest version there are 9 levels included (four of which are loaded through the level editor)
(And yeah, it has also got the level editor which makes it possible to create an infinite amount of extra levels as pointed out already).
Here is one video that should give you a pretty good idea on how to copy the level files to the correct folder on a Mac:
FPV Freerider Recharged Custom Levels Pack Install - MacOS (2 min 47 sec)

(It's for an older version of Recharged but it's pretty much the same, now you load all custom levels in the level editor).

edit: If you're into racing, Freerider Classic is still worth considering since the track generator will give you millions of track variations at the press of a button.
Last edited by trase; Dec 07, 2019 at 09:20 AM.
Dec 07, 2019, 09:12 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
FPV Freerider Recharged has now been officially released for Android by the way.
(Actually it's been available for several weeks since I accidentally happened to publish it during the beta testing, but anyway...)
To celebrate this announcement there is a one week discount. It's available on the Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...riderRecharged

FPV Freerider Recharged Android version (1 min 1 sec)
Dec 07, 2019, 09:16 AM
[intentionally blank]
fprintf's Avatar
Thank you @trase. I happened upon that very video just as you were posting, thank you for sharing it back in this thread. The trick was the right click, show app contents!
Dec 08, 2019, 12:02 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Great, hope you managed to get the levels copied correctly!
Dec 09, 2019, 06:30 AM
Registered User
Brett Brandon's Avatar
I collected all my custom levels in one zip and put it on Google Drive.
Just extract the archive into the Freerider Recharged subfolder "FPVFreerider_Recharged_Data" and they should all show up.

Zip Archive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FzY...ew?usp=sharing

It contains the following...
Labyrinth
Labyrinth-Altered
Lots-O-Gaps (new not previously posted)
Open Air Cafe
OpenAirCafeOld
OpenAirCafeReduced
Pipes (new not previously posted)
Playroom (new not previously posted)

Heres a vid showing clips of them.
My custom levels in FPVFreerider Recharged (5 min 44 sec)
Last edited by Brett Brandon; Dec 09, 2019 at 06:48 AM.
Dec 09, 2019, 09:23 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Brandon
I collected all my custom levels in one zip and put it on Google Drive.
Just extract the archive into the Freerider Recharged subfolder "FPVFreerider_Recharged_Data" and they should all show up.

Zip Archive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FzY...ew?usp=sharing

It contains the following...
Labyrinth
Labyrinth-Altered
Lots-O-Gaps (new not previously posted)
Open Air Cafe
OpenAirCafeOld
OpenAirCafeReduced
Pipes (new not previously posted)
Playroom (new not previously posted)

Heres a vid showing clips of them.
https://youtu.be/t3f3buM7Jn8
Wow, youíve been busy! The new levels look great, I canít wait to try them. Looks like your flying skills have improved a lot!
Dec 09, 2019, 02:26 PM
[intentionally blank]
fprintf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Brandon
I collected all my custom levels in one zip and put it on Google Drive.
Just extract the archive into the Freerider Recharged subfolder "FPVFreerider_Recharged_Data" and they should all show up.

Zip Archive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FzY...ew?usp=sharing
Amazing, I especially like Playroom how it starts you out on a slope and you have to figure out how to "escape" without crashing. Also the assumption in most flying is that altitude is safety but not so on this level because there seems to always be stuff above! Loving it and so glad folks are posting their levels they created, not bored now!
Dec 10, 2019, 11:36 AM
Registered User
Brett Brandon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maadfisher
Wow, you’ve been busy! The new levels look great, I can’t wait to try them. Looks like your flying skills have improved a lot!
Thanks, I still fly The Creek quite often as I like the challenge of following down in the creek just above the water.
Playroom I had an idea and threw it together in the last week or so.

There was a discussion here awhile back that explained the settings. I did some messing with that and was finally able to have some control while flying. Up to that point I spent 90 percent of my time in the sim working on levels instead of flying because I was so frustrated. Once I found my settings, it strarted falling into place quickly. I had always been afraid to try my iFlight Cinebee fpv as it is big enough to cause some damage if I lose control. Then I started building little whoops and as light as those are I started flying in front of the house here and any days with little to no wind I'm flying. I also built a 65mm brushed whoop that is perfect for flying inside the house. Between flying inside/outside/sim its finally come along and I am having a blast. Still using the junk Eachine EV100 goggles hoping for the new Fatshark HDO 2's from Santa...

This is my favorite whoop to fly and even flys indoors quite well. Its built on a 75mm Mobula frame and weighs in at just under 50 grams with battery and onboard dvr...
Flying my Whoop FPV on our street (4 min 20 sec)


And I haven't even flown my Mavic 2 Pro in months (just nowhere near as fun)...
Last edited by Brett Brandon; Dec 10, 2019 at 12:26 PM.
Dec 10, 2019, 11:50 AM
Registered User
Brett Brandon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fprintf
Amazing, I especially like Playroom how it starts you out on a slope and you have to figure out how to "escape" without crashing. Also the assumption in most flying is that altitude is safety but not so on this level because there seems to always be stuff above! Loving it and so glad folks are posting their levels they created, not bored now!
Glad we could cure some of your boredom. In Playroom, you can let it slide all the way down and throttle up just before it hits bottom or if you lift off slightly it will go faster down the slope. Or you can take off right away.
I enjoy more cinematic type flying so most my levels were to help me fly close proximity and gaps.

Try giving the custom level editor a go and see what you can come up with. And don't forget to post them here...
Last edited by Brett Brandon; Dec 10, 2019 at 12:28 PM.
Dec 10, 2019, 03:56 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Brandon
There was a discussion here awhile back that explained the settings. I did some messing with that and was finally able to have some control while flying. Up to that point I spent 90 percent of my time in the sim working on levels instead of flying because I was so frustrated. Once I found my settings, it strarted falling into place quickly.
Still using the junk Eachine EV100 goggles hoping for the new Fatshark HDO 2's from Santa...
Could you post your settings as it would be a great guide?
I'm also still flying EV100 with the hope of FatShark HDO2 from Santa (being in UK that is very doubtful).
Dec 10, 2019, 05:37 PM
Registered User
Brett Brandon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ched999uk
Could you post your settings as it would be a great guide?
I'm also still flying EV100 with the hope of FatShark HDO2 from Santa (being in UK that is very doubtful).
Heres a screenshot of them. What made the biggest difference for me was the top row. This is setup to feel like my whoops so I have the Mass and Gravity set a little lower. The Yaw/Pitch/Roll are set for smoother flying. For Snappy, I have set those as high as 1200 deg/s (very snappy).

For the goggles, I would settle for the Skyzone SKY03O OLED as they are much the same for 400 bucks but only 35 degree fov... But then the EV100's are only 28 degrees.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Freerider - Quadcopter racing simulator trase Simulators 22 Sep 28, 2016 11:05 AM