Nov 02, 2019, 03:00 PM
Thread OP
Brett Brandon: That's just about right.

Maadfisher: Thanks, glad you like the changes to the forest level. Yes I agree, I will add a note to raise the ceiling more significantly in the next update.

DutchRC: Yes, the Steam version receives the same updates as the one on Itch, although not necessarily at the same time. Glad you like the updated forest map!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2019, 08:44 AM
Hi - not sure if it's been asked before but is there a way of using this sim through my Oculus Rift goggles?
Nov 12, 2019, 09:28 AM
Does somebody knows how can be played FPV free rider on a IOS tablet mini Ipad (or Ipad)using an original Rx radio like( Taranis )or other compatible? How to connect the radio to it and play?
Last edited by midelic; Nov 12, 2019 at 11:04 AM.
Nov 13, 2019, 04:49 AM
Thread OP
muscleflex: The sim doesn't have actual Oculus Rift support but you should still be able to use the simulator with your googles using Virtual Desktop for example. Would be interesting to hear how it works out if you decide to try it.

midelic: At the time of this writing, FPV Freerider is not available for iPhone/iPad. As far as I know iOS still has very limited support for physical controllers. I know some bluetooth controllers might work, but I don't think it's possible to connect an RC radio. Therefore iOS is not really an ideal platform for an FPV simulator in my opinion. If anyone else has other info on physical controller support on iOS, let me know.
Nov 13, 2019, 05:22 AM
@trase
I suspected that.I just wanted to be sure.I was thinking to hack a bluetooth keyboard(9USD) and attach(translate the digital data from RX in the code for buttons using a microcontroller) and DIY frsky RX to interface with the radio.I made my own DIY frskyRX USB dongles for using the simulator on PC so I know something about that.
But if free rider is not on Apple store....
Last edited by midelic; Nov 13, 2019 at 05:27 AM.
Nov 13, 2019, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trase
muscleflex: The sim doesn't have actual Oculus Rift support but you should still be able to use the simulator with your googles using Virtual Desktop for example. Would be interesting to hear how it works out if you decide to try it.
Cool - i'll give it a try this weekend and will update
Nov 18, 2019, 09:37 AM
Simple is the best
My android system works perfect.
Thank you @trase
Nov 18, 2019, 01:43 PM
Thread OP
midelec: Sounds like an interesting hack. If you ever do decide to create it it would be interesting to know if it works. (However, since such a hack will be a very specialized thing and something that only perhaps a handful of people could ever reasonably be expected to create, it won't in itself be an incentive for me to work on an iOS version unfortunately...)

muscleflec: Great, looking forward to hearing more about it when you get around to trying it.

Widelec: Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like a nice setup, very clean! I'm glad to hear it's working perfect. Out of curiosity, what are you using to navigate the menus, do you have a wireless mouse connected to the android box?
Nov 18, 2019, 02:17 PM
Simple is the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by trase
Widelec: Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like a nice setup, very clean! I'm glad to hear it's working perfect. Out of curiosity, what are you using to navigate the menus, do you have a wireless mouse connected to the android box?
yes I am using a wireless mouse for navigate menus.
Nov 18, 2019, 03:24 PM
Removed
Last edited by Brett Brandon; Nov 19, 2019 at 09:38 AM.
Nov 21, 2019, 03:14 PM
Help needed. I have a Taranis QX7 and suddenly, no response from the controller in the program. Last time a ran it was the beginning of October and all was well. When I plug in the USB cable the computer, running W10, beeps. I have tried two different USB cables. The QX7 has only been used to run Freerider in October, not used since except to charge batteries.

I get no response from the sticks. Rechecked the setup, RF off, all rate at 50%, same setup as always. USB Controller. Any ideas?

Oh, running from Steam, same result, regular or recharged.
Nov 21, 2019, 03:39 PM
Further info, my OpenTX version is 2.2.0 It does not have the USB option in radio setup, but always worked before. Could it be an issue with the latest Windows 10 updates? If I look at the computer, it does not show any added drives, so, assuming it sees the QX7 as a controller?

Since I am still learning and have been away for a while, I generally leave things that are working alone.
Nov 21, 2019, 03:56 PM
my RC. Your info
You probably need to have a look at this video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=SDnRSL3rDwM

don't forget to allso check out the video's description.. Hope that helps
Nov 21, 2019, 05:33 PM
Dutch! Thanks so much! That was it. Followed the video, did a restart, recalibrated the controller and the quad flies!!!! Again, thanks so much for the response and solution!
Nov 21, 2019, 05:52 PM
my RC. Your info
No worries man Glad to see that was it

Quick Reply