Apr 27, 2019, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maadfisher
Wow you've been busy!

I wasn't confident in my soldering skills to try to build any drone kit, I figured I'd rather have fun flying first then learn through fixing after crashes. So I was waiting patiently until companies started making good BNF or PNP drone packages to buy. With the new rules in Canada, I want to stay in the under 250g flight weight category.

The Diatone GT-R349 is absolutely awesome, so fast, agile and the build quality is second to none! Mine is just the regular one with tx200 vtx mounted on the top of the stack. I know the HD one is a little heavier cause of the camera/DVR and all the extra silicone dampening added to the frame to stop jello in the video recording, but I heard it was good also.

I just wanted a drone that was going to fly great out of the box like my Snapper7 did after the debacle I had with my Lizard105s (updated one) going up in smoke the first time I plugged in the battery (Horrible build quality). Thankfully Visa stands behind their guarantees unlike Banggood and I was refunded my money. After getting someone smarter than me to figure out what went wrong, it turns out it was just a blown motor (most likely from too long motor screws). So I've since fixed and flown it, it also flies good, but I keep forgetting to push the stop button on the DVR before unplugging the battery so I keep losing my footage. I'm lucky, I live in a rural area so I do all my flying in my backyard.

Now if only I could get the weather to cooperate!
Good to know you are happy with the 349 and build quality is good. Always good to get a non affiliate persons views. I might just get the standard 349 and then if I enjoy that get a cygnet for hd.

It does take a bit of getting used to pressing the button to save the recordings. Good to hear it flies ok. I think only my fc, camera, vtx and rx are still working so almost cheaper to buy a R239 just for motors and esc.

I would love to be able to fly in my back yard but it's way too small even for my mobula7, well maybe that is just my lack of throttle control on it. I must practice with it more.

Happy Flying.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2019, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ched999uk
I downloaded the cafe level again and over wrote original and that now works at full speed. So it looks like it was just something weird on my download.
Sorry if this has caused anyone more work.

I am intending getting either a R349 HD or a GEPRC Cygnet for some sub250gms hd footage.

I would love to be able to fly in my back yard but it's way too small even for my mobula7, well maybe that is just my lack of throttle control on it. I must practice with it more.
No worries, no extra work. I have been spending so much time in the editor, I haven't been flying the other levels. Now going through the others I see the differences. I have also become a better pilot in the last few weeks to be able to tell the difference.

As far as Open Air Cafe, I have been updating the file for download as I progress and it looks like you had the version that was choking on my system. I did a bunch of deleting not needed items and sped it up. That is what is up there now.

I am looking at getting the iFlight CineBee 75HD for my first real FPV quad. I'm going for the low and slow route for some nature and possibly real estate footage. It's a small 75mm frame but has the Caddix version of the RunCam Split on the Cygnet (1080p at 60 fps). I want the smaller size as it opens up more places to fly as well as indoors. Another cool thing about it is it automatically starts and stops the recording. When you unplug the battery, it stops and saves the recording before shutting down. That will be a great help for me as I will be spending enough time worrying about flying....

I just watched a video about using "curves" to mellow out the throttle. I need it for a US65 that I fly inside. It is very difficult to not put holes in the ceiling with it as it as it is a speedy little guy and responds very fast to the throttle.
Apr 29, 2019, 10:42 AM
Quote:
(Brett) - Hmm thatís weird, Iím not having any power or speed issues with your level Brett, I thought it was coming along nicely. Are you having the same issues with the levels I posted? They have lots and lots of items, so if theyíre running fine I wouldíve assumed yours would also. Hopefully you figure out the issue so you can finish the level.)
I am running into problems because I am running the graphic settings at full quality running full screen on a 4k monitor. I have a Nvidea 1070 8gb graphics card but it still starts choking with a massive amount of things on the screen (except for the originals). I checked Rocky Canyon and The Creek and I have places in both where I even get momentary freezes of the video but that is my system. I have not tried it in a 1080p window yet. If I play the original Desert or Rocks, they fly along with no problem at 4k.
For me, the speed and response slow down as more items are added. It takes alot for it to start affecting it.

I have a test version I'll post a link to that I have been messing with to try ballancing scenery with speed. On a 1080p system I imagine it should work just fine. It works good on my system but is a little slower than normal...

My first purchase from Banggood was a big PITA. I ended up having PayPay get my money back..... I have a post about it in the "Vendors" section and the "Banggood" section of this forum.

http://brett-brandon.com/quad/test2.zip

Let me know how it works for you if you don't mind.
Thanks for Rocky Canyon and The Creek. I love flying up over around through and under things and they are great for that.
Apr 30, 2019, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Brandon
I have a test version I'll post a link to that I have been messing with to try ballancing scenery with speed. On a 1080p system I imagine it should work just fine. It works good on my system but is a little slower than normal...

My first purchase from Banggood was a big PITA. I ended up having PayPay get my money back..... I have a post about it in the "Vendors" section and the "Banggood" section of this forum.

http://brett-brandon.com/quad/test2.zip

Let me know how it works for you if you don't mind.
Thanks for Rocky Canyon and The Creek. I love flying up over around through and under things and they are great for that.
It works great, no problems on my set up!

Happy flying!
May 03, 2019, 07:32 PM
Thanks for checking Maadfisher.

I think this level is about finished now.

http://brett-brandon.com/quad/Open_Air_Cafe.zip
May 03, 2019, 09:55 PM
Some screenshots.

EDIT 07/01/2019:
Open Air Cafe has evolved some more so here are some current shots.
Last edited by Brett Brandon; Jul 01, 2019 at 10:09 PM.
May 04, 2019, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Some screenshots.
Your level looks great! Iíll give it a rip this weekend since the weather wonít cooperate.

Are you planning on adding a ďlapĒ with gate triggers?
May 04, 2019, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Your level looks great! I’ll give it a rip this weekend since the weather won’t cooperate.

Are you planning on adding a “lap” with gate triggers?
I'm afraid I don't know anything about racing. I haven't a clue on what the distances and such should be.
This sim has really helped me with flying in a short time but I am still working on getting the quad to go where I want it to. Trying to race through it is a little down the road for me. I have been working more on low and slow for videoing stuff. If I get good enough at it, even indoor real estate stuff.

Feel free to add gate triggers if you would like.

On another note, I just got my first real FPV Quad (iFlight CineBee). I know the time I have spent on the simulator will save alot of crashes and damage.
The batteries won't be here for a few days so just looking at it right now. I don't have any good goggles yet but I should be able to get some good video flying los for now. I will be practicing in the house.
May 04, 2019, 11:05 AM
Quote:
I'm afraid I don't know anything about racing. I haven't a clue on what the distances and such should be.
This sim has really helped me with flying in a short time but I am still working on getting the quad to go where I want it to. Trying to race through it is a little down the road for me. I have been working more on low and slow for videoing stuff. If I get good enough at it, even indoor real estate stuff.

Feel free to add gate triggers if you would like.

On another note, I just got my first real FPV Quad (iFlight CineBee). I know the time I have spent on the simulator will save alot of crashes and damage.
The batteries won't be here for a few days so just looking at it right now. I don't have any good goggles yet but I should be able to get some good video flying los for now. I will be practicing in the house.
I don't know much either, lol. I prefer Freestyle flying so I just put gate triggers along a fun line through a level, trying to incorporate as much of the level into the course. I find it gives me something to test myself to see how my skills are improving. If I add gate triggers I'll post it.

Congrats on getting your first "real FPV Quad", I've heard good things about the CineBee. The sim helps a lot, if you're having trouble with throttle control indoors (staying low and slow) you can always try limiting the throttle in betaflight.
As far as good goggles go that is subjective, I'm currently using Eachine EV800 which work well but I want to get the Eachine EV800D for diversity. I was hoping to get some Fatshark Style goggles but when I went to a local hobby shop and tried on some on I couldn't get them to work for me even though I have 20/20 vision, I kept getting 2 pictures half overlapped. So its box googles for me I guess.

Have fun with your new quad, I'm off to play the sim.
May 04, 2019, 04:49 PM
Quote:
If I add gate triggers I'll post it.

If you're having trouble with throttle control indoors (staying low and slow) you can always try limiting the throttle in betaflight.

even though I have 20/20 vision, I kept getting 2 pictures half overlapped. So its box googles for me I guess.
Cool. If you add gates, could you give it an altered name to save confusion.

I am using a Taranis QX7 and have "curves" set up on the throttle to not just limit, but mellow out the response from low to high. I found that to use on a US65. Its a 65mm whoop toy with brushless 0603-KV19000 motors on it and was constantly trying to go through the ceiling...

I don't think there is a hobby shop within an hour from here and don't know if the ones around stock goggles. I got the Eachine EV100 to check out something affordable and is a waste of money. The FOV is kind of a joke as well as picture quality.
As far as seeing overlapping screens, that isn't the 20/20 part. There are two adjustments on the FatShark style goggles, focus and ipd (Interpupillary Distance). Ipd is setting the correct distance between your pupils. If that is off, you get the overlapped screens.

I just turned the graphics setting in the sim to the lowest quality, and I like it better. It seems to smooth everything out but still has the hard edges of the objects. It also has Open Air Cafe running at about twice the speed on my setup....

Enjoy flying.
May 04, 2019, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Cool. If you add gates, could you give it an altered name to save confusion.

I don't think there is a hobby shop within an hour from here and don't know if the ones around stock goggles. I got the Eachine EV100 to check out something affordable and is a waste of money. The FOV is kind of a joke as well as picture quality.
As far as seeing overlapping screens, that isn't the 20/20 part. There are two adjustments on the FatShark style goggles, focus and ipd (Interpupillary Distance). Ipd is setting the correct distance between your pupils. If that is off, you get the overlapped screens.

Enjoy flying.
Your level is great, lots of obstacles to practice Freestyle flying. If I ever get around to adding gate triggers Iíll call it Open Air Cafe (Track), but with the flying season upon us itís unlikely to happen anytime soon.

I was lucky a hobby shop carried Fatsharks and let me try them before buying. I tried adjusting the IPD but nothing fixed it, and the people at the hobby shop really were trying to get them to work for me so I would buy them. I guess my eyes are weird, lol.
However I did notice that the goggle style has considerably less screen to see after coming from the big screen in my box goggles.

Happy flying!
Jun 07, 2019, 05:19 AM
I made a few more changes on Open Air Cafe.
http://brett-brandon.com/quad/Open_Air_Cafe.zip

I have been needing to work on low and slow and threw together a new track I call "Labyrinth".
It has a lower level, middle level, and top.
http://brett-brandon.com/quad/Labyrinth.zip

Heres a vid showing what it looks like. Please don't laugh at my flying as I am new to this...
Last edited by Brett Brandon; Jun 07, 2019 at 12:43 PM.
Jun 16, 2019, 05:52 AM
I downloaded the FPV Freerider Recharged Demo for Linux and can't start the executable. I added X to permissions, tried x86 and x86_64 with and without -force-opengl, but everything I get when I try to start it in a terminal is:

$ . FPVFreerider_Recharged_demo.x86_64 -force-opengl
bash: .: FPVFreerider_Recharged_demo.x86_64: cannot execute binary file

I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS. How can I run FPV Freerider, or am I just out of luck?
Jun 17, 2019, 06:25 AM
Thread OP
Brett Brandon: The new Labyrinth track seems perfect for throttle management practice, nice work. Regarding speed and responsiveness - as you have already figured out it's often best to turn down the graphics quality and/or resolution if your computer starts to struggle. The simulator will have the best feel when running at full framerate (preferably around 60Hz or more). When the framerate gets too low or uneven it will not feel as responsive and realistic. (This is especially important when flying fast or doing freestyle maneuvers).

crteensy: Are you by any chance running it on an ARM CPU device? Freerider only works on x86 processors.
Jun 17, 2019, 09:38 AM
@trase: It's a Core i7-5500U with Intel HD Graphics 5500 (Broadwell GT2)

Edit: I looked at the output of ldd for the 64-bit executable and it seems to find everything it needs:
Code:
ldd FPVFreerider_Recharged_demo.x86_64 
	linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffd1edcc000)
	libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f5b4d603000)
	libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f5b4d3e4000)
	librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0x00007f5b4d1dc000)
	libGL.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1 (0x00007f5b4cf50000)
	libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libX11.so.6 (0x00007f5b4cc18000)
	libXcursor.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXcursor.so.1 (0x00007f5b4ca0e000)
	libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXrandr.so.2 (0x00007f5b4c803000)
	libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f5b4c47a000)
	libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007f5b4c0dc000)
	libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f5b4bec4000)
	libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f5b4bad3000)
	/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f5b4d807000)
	libGLX.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLX.so.0 (0x00007f5b4b8a2000)
	libGLdispatch.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLdispatch.so.0 (0x00007f5b4b5ec000)
	libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxcb.so.1 (0x00007f5b4b3c4000)
	libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXrender.so.1 (0x00007f5b4b1ba000)
	libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXfixes.so.3 (0x00007f5b4afb4000)
	libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXext.so.6 (0x00007f5b4ada2000)
	libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXau.so.6 (0x00007f5b4ab9e000)
	libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXdmcp.so.6 (0x00007f5b4a998000)
	libbsd.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libbsd.so.0 (0x00007f5b4a783000)
nvm, it works now. I guess my attempts at collecting the right libraries somehow contained the right one. So if anyone else having the same problem is finding this: *maybe* you just have to update OpenGL. Maybe.

Also note that I haven't tried it with a transmitter yet - but already had it segfault on me during exit. I'm happy to test and report though, if it runs reasonably on my pc (performance- and reliability-wise).
Last edited by crteensy; Jun 17, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

Quick Reply