Jan 21, 2020, 02:34 AM
LINUX & TBS TANGO:

FPVFreerider didn't recognize my TBS Tango. After some investigation I could see udev didn't recognize it as a joystick and thus FPVFreerider couldn't find it.

I ended up writing a udev-rule:

Quote:
SUBSYSTEM=="input", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="f94c", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"
You might be able to just copy-paste the above but I think you should double check the values before you do. WIth the new rule - I had no problem using my Tango with FPVFreerider on Linux.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2020, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejer
LINUX & TBS TANGO:

You might be able to just copy-paste the above but I think you should double check the values before you do. WIth the new rule - I had no problem using my Tango with FPVFreerider on Linux.
Can you explain used values? Are they suitable for other devices or for Tango only?
Jan 21, 2020, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozyris
Can you explain used values? Are they suitable for other devices or for Tango only?
Udev rules are used when a device is attached, say a USB-device for instance, and the system wants to identify it and its capabilities. One way is to use udev-rules. They basically check properties on the device and if a rule matches, it is applied.

In our case - the Tango was identified but it was identified as an accelerometer. And this in turn made unity not see it as a joystick. The problem was that the property ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK wasn't set to one.

So in order to accomplish that, we needed to first make sure we identify this device and then apply a rule that gives it ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK=1.

To get the properties of a device, you can run
Code:
udevadm info --attribute-walk --name=device_name
where device_name is the path to the device, in my case it was
Code:
udevadm info --attribute-walk --name=input/js0
A rule that contains == means that it checks the property of the device against a value. So SUBSYSTEM=="input" means that the SUBSYSTEM property must equal "input" in order for this rule to trigger. In my case I also added checks for subsystem and the attribute idProduct.

Then I set the property ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK to one: ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1".

These rules could potentially mess with your system and your devices so if you need to go down this route, please be careful. Read up on what it is and how to use it, https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udev is a start.

Hope this helps and explains it. I'm somewhat new to these udev rules myself so I'm careful with what I do and I don't want you to just copy-paste.
Jan 22, 2020, 08:27 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by overmyhead
I have a Spektrum wireless dongle to connect a DX8 Spektrum radio and it works great the Freerider is amazing but for some reason even after recalibrating everything the throttle doesn't start to work until I get to about 50% [. .]
Thanks, glad you like my sim! Sounds like you have 'throttle zero at center' selected on the main menu. Select 'throttle zero at bottom' and the problem should go away, otherwise let me know.

pejer: Thanks for sharing the info, hälsningar från Västerbotten
Feb 22, 2020, 06:37 AM
Long Island, NY
It's been a loooong time since I used this rather excellent product, but now that I have no place to fly my flying wings (abandoned field belonging to transportation department now full of workers and heavy equipment) I'm back to flying quads and back to teaching myself to fly FPV.

I went to my (saved) download link page and discovered a newer version. Man, it is GREAT!!!!!! The old version (I was an early adopter) was terrific, but the updated version is just off the hook fabulous!! Great graphics, and flies like a dream!

Just wanted to post to say a huge thank you, and for no other reason!!
Feb 29, 2020, 04:03 PM
Thread OP
I'm glad you like the updates added since you last used the simulator! Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, that is highly appreciated. Happy flying!
May 10, 2020, 07:34 PM

indoor Quarantine flight

Im gonna fly this one
Last edited by PPK FPV; May 10, 2020 at 07:38 PM. Reason: wrong post
May 11, 2020, 05:47 AM
DAL FOLD F5 5.1" Folding Props DIY FPV Propellers:
May 11, 2020, 05:52 AM
For freerider??
May 12, 2020, 10:37 PM
Thought I'd drop by and say: trase, this is where I'm at with my flying after learning the muscle memory of acro with lots of time on FPV Freerider & Recharged.

Thanks!

Floating on a hot sunny May day (5 min 38 sec)
May 15, 2020, 04:51 PM
Thread OP
Good to see you Haku - love that kind of high speed flowy low altitude flying, really gives that speed rush.
I'm glad to know that the simulator has proved useful!
Jun 14, 2020, 11:54 PM
Another custom level for download, Mountains...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GM1...ew?usp=sharing

FreeRider Recharged Custom Level Mountains (3 min 34 sec)
Jun 15, 2020, 01:09 AM
Many thanks.
Cant wait to test it on a big screen in my room
Jun 16, 2020, 09:36 AM

Thank you!

just DL'd your mountain; awesome! Thank you for your work! Very nice! -S
Jun 16, 2020, 01:33 PM
Long Island, NY
I lost my ability to use Freerider when I gave my USB dongle to my future son-in-law. Now I'm pissed because I'm pretty sure he's not using it and I's LOVE to check out the new feature!

I tried Propopolos (or whatever it's called). Horrible.

Quick Reply