FlexyBee Injection plastic 250 size Racer quadcopter - Page 3 - RC Groups
Apr 30, 2015, 08:53 AM
My head tracker fpv camera modification
FlexyBee quadcopter head tracker fpv camera modification (0 min 14 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2015, 01:20 PM
Important notice for spray paint.
Please use water based sprays. Otherwise plastic will damage and breakes easly.
May 01, 2015, 01:24 PM
I take it you discovered this the hard way?

May 01, 2015, 01:30 PM
Unfortunately yes
May 01, 2015, 02:30 PM
DIY paint video would be cool. I think the option of painting the frame to your own color/design is unique among all the rest of the mini quads out there.

Thanks for pointing out that paint must be water based!

This opens up color and design just like the lexan car bodies in 1/10th scale rc car racing.

Since the design is injection plastic, have you considered offering arms with different angles of forward tilt, different length of arms, or even a dihedral arms?

Seems like the guys who are actually racing quads are experimenting with those aspects to optimize quad handling characteristics.
May 01, 2015, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse72
DIY paint video would be cool. I think the option of painting the frame to your own color/design is unique among all the rest of the mini quads out there.

Thanks for pointing out that paint must be water based!

This opens up color and design just like the lexan car bodies in 1/10th scale rc car racing.

Since the design is injection plastic, have you considered offering arms with different angles of forward tilt, different length of arms, or even a dihedral arms?

Seems like the guys who are actually racing quads are experimenting with those aspects to optimize quad handling characteristics.
One of the first 3dprinted prototype had dihedral arms, and I can guarantee it was flying just "awful" wouldn't think about it, but tilted arms is always a nice option, maybe some 3dprint angles could work
May 01, 2015, 04:06 PM
angled arms would be really nice. also maybe a lower height top.
May 02, 2015, 02:17 PM
Every multicopter is customizable if you want . We are creating 3th party addon library for flexybee for 3D printers. We tried dihedral arms already. Loop performance is incredible but awful pid setting. Roll oscillating never stops. Angled arms, angled fpv camera, angled record camera, chase camera drawings is almost finish. We will share it soon.
May 02, 2015, 02:45 PM
cool! I was planning on having to design and print a mount for my hs1177 camera. hopefully you will have done it for me by the time my frame shows up!

thank you!
May 02, 2015, 03:05 PM
Ordered two yesterday. Can't wait to begin the builds and add them to my fleet.
May 03, 2015, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gakdoru
My head tracker fpv camera modification
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxPsK4y6Y54
Great mod man,

Would you mind showing how it's done, build materials? Setup? Or at least show where to read more about it if available.

Thanks.
May 04, 2015, 06:14 AM
Thanks prjoe.
I made it to my mini camera. Used own cradle and with long screw. Loose tighten screw a little from cradle and plugged horn to the cameras back. Camera moves good without any problem.
Something is happend after this video, camera burned because of long screws. Screw gives damage to camera pcb.
I removed system from the quadcopter. That's only video that i have.
If you want to do write here i'll explain it with details

Here is the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjoe
Great mod man,

Would you mind showing how it's done, build materials? Setup? Or at least show where to read more about it if available.

Thanks.
May 05, 2015, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prjoe
Ordered two yesterday. Can't wait to begin the builds and add them to my fleet.
just one week left
May 05, 2015, 09:32 AM
First addon is completed. 10 Degree camera holder for mobius. I hope you will like it.
May 05, 2015, 09:49 AM
Looks nice! The overhangs don't look too bad.

Any chance you could do one for a 808 keychain camera?

Quick Reply