FlexyBee Injection plastic 250 size Racer quadcopter - Page 10 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 24, 2015, 09:42 PM
If you want good props gor starting, you can buy the DAL props from surveilzone. The don't break easy and they are super cheap. Like .50$ each.
They don't provide as much trust than the HQ but for the pricd they are very good.

Good luck with your build. If you have any question, feel free to ask. Building a quad is a lot of fun 😆
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2015, 05:59 PM
So I've gotten one of these myself. This is my first FPV quad. I did not have much luck in the assembly...

I read earlier about not using paint and I didn't but that must apply to lock tight as well. I accidentally spilled a large amount of blue lock tight and it really made the frame very brittle to the point of shattering at one of the leg mounts (the frame and the leg).

I ended up having to use epoxy to try and keep everything together. I think it will hold.

As a side note, the screws I got for holding the arms in place were too short for me after putting on the legs. I ended up have to go to the hardware store and buying legs that were longer. The ones that came with the kit would only thread the nuts on 1/2 way.

I should put up some pictures though! I will say that I left the wires long on purpose... I know it adds weight but I wanted to give room for changes down the line.

Jul 28, 2015, 04:50 AM

Build all finished

My build report is very big so I will not place here, I will just say Awesome product fantastic customer service and great quality.

Here is a link to the full report/review

Short version:
I have never built a quad before so this was a different challenge for me,

I enjoyed the challenge of this build and I know it will not be my last, oh crap that means more RC money to earn :-)

Flight test very soon I hope, I will ask my friend to check and fine tune for me which is the best situation to be in as then someone who knows what they are doing can test the Quad and then I know I will have only the steep learning curve of flying to learn.

I opted for the transparent one just for something different, the chassis was complete no parts missing so big plus point there as we know that does not always happen. during the build I put it together and took it apart a few times to make sure everything fitted where it needed to, there were no problems with doing this and the frame as you can see is very light and so much room for all components it made it very easy for me to build especially as a newbie to this new scene.

The other great thing is that spares are readily available here in Turkey so huge plus point for me and I always like to help local companies where ever possible by buying from them. Hopefully there will be more stuff to build from TGA Frames later :-)

I will change a few things but no need to go into more detail here.

Now for a few pictures:
Jul 28, 2015, 05:10 AM
CWHFSR and tomhow
Thank you both for feedbacks. Each building is different than other but i like all of them with no exception.
Extra thanks to Tom for sharing quality images and detailed building review on his website.
Now, i'm one of your follower.
Jul 28, 2015, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TgaFrame
CWHFSR and tomhow
Thank you both for feedbacks. Each building is different than other but i like all of them with no exception.
Extra thanks to Tom for sharing quality images and detailed building review on his website.
Now, i'm one of your follower.
Don't follow me I will crash LOL
Aug 07, 2015, 05:34 AM
Naze32 Cleanflight - Blheli esc tryout. Looks more stable but needs little more tuning especially on Pitch P gain.
FlexyBee Cleanflight tuning tryout (2 min 36 sec)
Aug 07, 2015, 05:58 AM
Cleanflight with Leds
Flexybee cleanflight leds (0 min 18 sec)

I used this leds 3 per arm. Attached with hot glue gun. Looks good in the air.
Aug 15, 2015, 04:18 PM
Flexybee transparent cleanflight led (1 min 10 sec)

Transparent flexybee Cleanflight with navigation leds
Sep 17, 2015, 04:17 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY

Flight Controller Choice?

Just curious..what flight controller are most people going with for the FlexyBee?

Thanks,
-mike-
Sep 17, 2015, 04:21 PM
I'm using a flip32 (naze clone) on mine.
Sep 18, 2015, 07:43 AM
Mostly using
Naze32 and CC3D
We tried it with 3DR arducopter, KK2 and multiwii
One of our costumer using with Naza.
No problem at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko
Just curious..what flight controller are most people going with for the FlexyBee?

Thanks,
-mike-
By the way, here is a new review from Bruce Simpson a.k.a (Rc Model Reviews)

Thank you very much for the review
Nov 09, 2015, 07:38 AM
As much as I liked my flexybee I have retired it and moved on. I have a bunch of spare parts that are in excellent condition if anyone wants them. Just pay for shipping. There aren't enough parts to build a complete quad though (no top piece).

If my memory is correct, I have:

1 clear base
4 clear arms
3 (or maybe 4) black arms
some number of clear and black legs
pdb
black fpv cam plate
black hd cam plate

No hardware. It has all be dumped in my hardware collection and I'm not going to dig them out. Sorry!

PM me if your interested.
Nov 26, 2015, 03:20 PM
Big sale on Flexybee has started for limited time and quantity.
FlexyBee mini quadcopter frame is now %50 cheaper.
Discount Coupon: 04HL8BL9

Quick Reply