Jan 13, 2002, 03:29 PM
Thread OP

can you loop a Firebird hmmmmm

This is the question.... I think my 3 chanel xl may be the answer..... or maybe not. we will hafta wait untl the wind dies down to find out.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2002, 03:38 PM
Thread OP
some pictures
Jan 13, 2002, 03:43 PM
Thread OP
This is the tail with control horns
Jan 14, 2002, 09:20 PM
Actually, it's not that hard to loop a stock firebird if the trim is way outa whack! Trim it for way too much up elevator and fly in a nice 15mph wind, and you won't have much trouble looping Just get into a tight spiril and pull out with the wind, and it'll do a really sloppy loop.

Good luck on the first flight
Jan 14, 2002, 10:24 PM
Rehab is for quitters
Thats true. If you have alot of up incidence on the wing and its breezy, it will loop. I got mine to fly inverted once for about 8 seconds. Was doing a sharp turn, almost death spiral and caught a wind gust. 'Bird flipped and flew inverted and I had to spiral it to flip it back over. I'd say it was up about 100 feet when this happened. Plus, my vee tail mod had much more control surface the shadetree's. Tried to do it again and no such luck.

Dave...
Jan 14, 2002, 11:18 PM

Looping

Hey, I recently did a loop with a Firebird XL. I borrowed my friend's XL the other day, and we went outside, in calm conditions. I threw it, had it high up there, and then this gust came outta no where....it pushed the nose up, and I still had full throttle, and as it was vertically straight, the wind pushed the nose back even more, and it went back inverted kinda, and then, still at full power, went down, about to crash, but luckily, about 20 feet before hitting the ground, it went back to the normal position. Phew!!! I would have to say it was a close one. Not only that, I don't think I'd like to pay $120 for that plane!!! :-D Well, earlier today, I took my Firebird 2 out, and I flew it, I call it the Crouching Tiger, and today, I hovered it in the air cause it was so windy. Then, around 5pm, it was dead wind, so I had some fun on the street, hovering and landing it from yard to yard. Fun. :-D I plan on getting a Zagi 400X, with a Blue Angel theme though, I think it will be a heck lot more fun than the Firebird 2 or XL. I'll talk to you guys later.
Paul Le of Dallas, TX

Quick Reply