New and Improved MaxAmps 24v Power Supply

MaxAmps is always working to improve products based on customer feedback. The new MaxAmps 24v power supply is a unit that will produce 1150 watts that will get you back to the fun fast!

Splash

The New MaxAmps 24v Power Supply

From Maxamps:

After hearing feedback from our customers regarding the fan noise being too loud, we found a simple solution. These power supplies now operate quietly. The variable fan will speed up depending on the power required by the charger you use. The new power supply now keeps your charging station as quiet as possible while still providing the highest power available to charge your batteries fast. MaxAmps has added this new quiet fan as a standard feature on their 12v power supplies.

Based on customer requests, this new 24v power supply comes with a dual output option. Now you can operate multiple chargers at the same time from this single power supply.

Click here to learn more.

May 20, 2015, 03:05 PM
Happy Holidays
I have one and it works fine.
May 21, 2015, 03:26 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
I really do not know if to lmao or crying in deep misery.

The praised supply just is a pack of (known for years by DIY modders) HP DPS-600PB server supplies connected in series just individually wrapped.
If the wrap's material is worth the 100 USD markup?
If the reduced airflow is worth it?

Nothing to argue about the safety and performance of the used supplies, though.

Discussed to some extent here.
Silencing How To
Building instructions

-mike-
May 23, 2015, 11:32 AM
Happy Holidays
Hmm didnt know all that but i bought it in the begining wanting a relieable system without haveing to diy.Time was a issje as well and reseaching things sometimes gets time consumeing.I think i pmed someone on the forums and wacthed a few youtube videos.when i got it and turned it on it sounded powerful.i got one of the hyperion chargers so the two combined should eliminate any need for a future charger which might save 100 in the long run.i only like to buy good things once instead of a bunch of crap.

Its nice to see you i remember you from the hubsan x4 thread.I got one of the newer ones with lights but accidently got a little spray paint on them that i will have to clean off.the only thing i dont like about the husan x4 is i cant use my transmitter 9xr
May 23, 2015, 01:24 PM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
As said already - the PSU discussed here is much better than the average ones you can get at Hobbyking or similar places. So there's absolutely nothing to regret if you should have one on the bench.
So do I - just for a hundred bucks less - my work horse for smallish batts.

BTW, you CAN use the 9XR with Hubsan FCBs.
Unfortunately user CN63Bug has stopped building modules for sale, but with a little knowledge you are able to build one for a few bucks.
See here and here.

Back to topic now

-mike-
May 24, 2015, 06:50 PM
Happy Holidays
Looks like ALOT of reading.I just dont have the time to diy.

Quick Reply