RotorX RX122 Atom micro FPV quad (V2 Now on Indiegogo till May 11!) - RC Groups
Apr 13, 2015, 08:51 AM
RotorX
New Product

RotorX RX122 Atom micro FPV quad (V2 Now on Indiegogo till May 11!)

Indiegogo page launched for Atom V2
indiegogo.com/projects/the-atom-the-world-is-your-racetrack/

Introducing the Brushless RX122 Atom, a mighty powerful FPV platform in a tiny package. Like its bigger brother the Raiju, the Atom has been designed to take full advantage of all RotorX parts and experience to bring the best possible FPV experience in the smallest possible size.

At 122mm motor to motor distance, the Atom can fit comfortably in the palm of your hand, yet allow you to not just fly, but race indoors and outdoors in some of the most unforgiving environments. No other drone at this size boasts the power and durability of the Atom, yet with all this power it is still safe to operate where other drones cannot due to its ultra micro frame size.

3S standard operation sets it apart from the field, with the capability of running 4S power in the future as we test and develop the powertrain further. BLheli, Oneshot and Cleanflight are the standard now in the world of FPV racing, and the Atom comes with them by default. Custom designed motors and props allow us to tailor thrust and endurance perfectly to the frame, while pre-flashed hardware (ESCs, OSD, FC) makes the build process enjoyable and educational instead of frustrating. Our team will also provide you with in depth yet simple build instructions that once completed will allow you to troubleshoot and repair your own equipment if you manage to break something.

Most of all, the Atom represents the perfect entry level FPV platform that will help you learn to build and fly rate mode without worrying about all the potential problems. Small enough to fly comfortably indoors for practice, in a warehouse for racing, and outside against drones twice its size and yet still hold it’s own or even outperform on tight circuits. Every part has been meticulously chosen and tested for the highest performance and endurance in the smallest form factor. Best of all, if you wish to upgrade your Atom (quad) to a Raiju (hex) in the future, an affordable upgrade package will be made available soon.

Also available as a LOS kit so you can add your own FPV. RTF versions coming soon.

**********Retailers*********

<iframe frameborder=0 style='width:100%;height:500px' src='//www.zeemaps.com/pub?group=1923372&geosearch=1&search=1&locate=1&x= 33.478090&y=12.566872&z=16'> </iframe>

Rain Smain [[RotorX]] [[Atom RX122]] (2 min 58 sec)
(MMD doing some indoor testing)
Some trips from #roadtripracing last weekend (0 min 16 sec)

More pics and videos to come as we build more demo units.

Specifications
  1. 2mm CF Frame
  2. Brushless RX1104 custom motors
  3. RX3020 custom propellers
  4. Acro Naze32 Flight controller (cleanflight flashed or use your own FC)
  5. 20Amp micro ESC’s (SimonK flashed)
  6. Pico scale FPV cam (0.008 lux)
  7. 600mw 5.8ghz VTX (32 Channels)
  8. Micro MinimOSD (MW flashed)
  9. 3S 610mw Battery (25C)
  10. 5v Voltage regulator
Optional
  1. 808 HD Camera (720p)
  2. Radio Control Receiver
ARF Kit Includes
  1. 1 x Frame Atom Frame
  2. 4 x Custom made RX1104 “Gatling” Brushless outrunner motors
  3. 4 x 2S-4S capable, 20A micro electronic speed controllers. (SimonK and Oneshot compatible)
  4. 5 x Packs of 6 RX3020 propellers, 75mm Diameter (3 x CW 3 x CCW)
  5. 1 x Flight Controller (Naze32 preflashed with cleanflight)
  6. 1 x Micro MinimOSD (preflashed)
  7. 1 x 520TVL Mini FPV Camera 90 degree angle
  8. 1 x 600mw, 32 Channel, 5.8ghz Video Transmitter, with CP antenna
  9. 1 x 3S 610mah battery
What You Need
  1. FPV Receiver or Goggles
  2. FPV Display or Goggles
  3. RC Transmitter

Edit:
Tshirt available here till August 10th.
http://teeblaster.com/collections/cu...ts/roto-x-atom

**********Build Guides*********

You can find build guides for RotorX Atom attached in this post. There are two guides, one is with RotorX PDB and one is without. The kits come with hardware to build without PDB. The list of hardware needed to build with PDB is included in the guide

**********Micro MinimOSD**********
Flashing guide
MinimOSD - Flashing And Configuration (25 min 36 sec)

**********ESC Setting*********
Please see attached for SimonK hex file. However, if you're running 1306 motors, we recommend LittleBee ESC running latest BLHeli. 1104 motors will still require SimonK firmware.

**********Custom Motor Mix*********
We recommend custom mix to let the flight controller know the Atoms 'deadcat' motor arrangement. Do this before tuning PIDs

cleanflight 1.9 and earlier

cmix custom
cmix reset
cmix 0 1.000 -0.698 0.580 -1.000
cmix 1 1.000 -1.000 -1.000 1.000
cmix 2 1.000 0.698 0.580 1.000
cmix 3 1.000 1.000 -1.000 -1.000

CF1.10 and Betaflight

mixer custom
mmix reset
mmix 0 1.000 -0.698 0.580 -1.000
mmix 1 1.000 -1.000 -1.000 1.000
mmix 2 1.000 0.698 0.580 1.000
mmix 3 1.000 1.000 -1.000 -1.000

Hit Enter after pasting the values, then type "save" then hit Enter again

These numbers were provided for review from RJLee2 - and have proven to be great on the RX122 Atom and it's derivatives
**********PIDs***************

We recommend installing BorisB's beta firmware and use one of the following PIDs depending on your setup.

If you're running 1104 motors, check out the first screenshot with Cleanflight 1.9 running Controller 1.

If you're running 1306 motors, check out the second screenshot with Cleanflight 1.10 running controller 1

******ATTRIBUTION********
Since the inception of RotorX, we've been helped out by a bunch of great people with our designs for the RX122 Atom and RX155 Raiju
RotorX Atom PDB/Adjustable Cam mounts - Alexander Romanov (a0137) designer of the Sputnik 117
Atom v2 canopy collaboration - Rudy Gonzales (rudygon)
Genix PDB for the Atom - Genix RC
Forum Support - Too many to list everyone: nguyen.tran, MayMayDay, Mr. Aaron, Waterbound, BlackJohnson, moosestang, RJLee2, bluemeane, Daryoon, Alderboy, Corporal Badger, kevinpratt887, Jeremy Tyer, Michael Haineault, Tony Vo, Plunger, Tim Bell, Tomoshimei Kit Tata and many more!
Last edited by ausmarty; May 08, 2016 at 01:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2015, 08:56 AM
Oops! There goes a prop...
Yay! The atom has its own thread. I can't wait to receive mine.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:09 AM
SosX U.S. Dealer
I was the first to get my order in! Can't wait to receive this little guy!
Apr 13, 2015, 11:21 AM
Eagerly awaiting reviews of the RotorX stuff. Having a pocket-sized quad or hex that can hold its own outdoors would be ideal for my current living situation.
Apr 13, 2015, 12:10 PM
Yay its own thread!
Whats the FPV version weigh?
How much flight time do you get out of it in 3s setup?
Apr 13, 2015, 04:53 PM
I'll order mine soon. I'll write a review for the #1 French magazine (RC-Pilot). Magazine is distributed in France, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Andorra, Belgium.
Looking forward to race with it and write a nice article on it !
Apr 13, 2015, 05:18 PM
Team Warpsquad
Curious on the durability of the bl motors. And we definitely need some more videos and up close photos : )
Last edited by Mr.Aaron; Apr 13, 2015 at 06:51 PM.
Apr 13, 2015, 06:49 PM
z33
z33
Subscribed!
Apr 13, 2015, 07:57 PM
Interested to see how the Atom -> Raiju upgrade would be done.
Would it be as simple as a kit with a Raiju frame, 2 ESCs, 2 motors?
Apr 13, 2015, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DFun
Can't find where but on one of the FB groups i think i remember around 8 mins on current 3s 610mAh setup
Apr 13, 2015, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantastic
+1 hoping so
Apr 13, 2015, 08:32 PM
Any other battery options out there? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=50285

*other than the ones that will be provided through liftrc/rotorx which i will def be picking up a couple of those once available as well
Last edited by tp8888; Apr 13, 2015 at 08:43 PM.
Apr 13, 2015, 10:10 PM
RotorX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp8888
Any other battery options out there? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=50285

*other than the ones that will be provided through liftrc/rotorx which i will def be picking up a couple of those once available as well
The batteries are a real thorn in our side right now, we have several factories sending us test batteries but they are unlikely to be a better fit than the ones we run currently. We are hoping to develop our own batteries over the next few weeks but the rhino 610 fits perfectly. We take off the casing and coat with heatshrink to avoid the yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp8888
Can't find where but on one of the FB groups i think i remember around 8 mins on current 3s 610mAh setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantastic
Exact package price to be determined but likely around 80 usd to get the raiju frame, 2 motors and 2 ESC. 70 dollars more for the raiju CF canopy but we will have more canopy options available soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron
Curious on the durability of the bl motors. And we definitely need some more videos and up close photos : )
Durability is good but we have changed the base of the motor, mounting method and hole spacing on the new motors we are waiting for to increase their robustness further. We have found the front two motors on the hex take the impact most so have designed some flexible 3d printed booties to protect the front edge of CF and ultimately your front motors. The motors run with sand and paint in them, without circlips, and survive multiple heavy parkade crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydynamics
I'll order mine soon. I'll write a review for the #1 French magazine (RC-Pilot). Magazine is distributed in France, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Andorra, Belgium.
Looking forward to race with it and write a nice article on it !
That is awesome! And thankyou for not asking for a free sample. We are swamped with requests but want all our first build kits to go to those that really need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DFun
Yay its own thread!
Whats the FPV version weigh?
6± minutes on the rx118, we only tested it in races and before when we were running simonk on the ESCs and no one shot. We got an anecdotal flight time increase on the raiju with one shot/clean flight/BLHeli over simonk/base flight.
Apr 13, 2015, 10:25 PM
Thx Marty for the explanation on the battery and Raiju upgrades, looking forward to them both when available
Apr 14, 2015, 12:00 AM
SosX U.S. Dealer
I ordered some rhinos. Can never have too many batteries. Curious to see what you guys come up with for custom batteries.