May 03, 2015, 10:55 PM
Desperately Waiting for Spring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbreak
I saw one Thursday at drone x.

Sweet! Any thoughts?
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2015, 02:16 PM
It was buried in the silo. The guy from 3dr flew it around, hovering and all, so really I only just got to look at it. He was saying they will release the pix 2 stand alone sometime soon. As it was an FPV race, the silo wasn't really part of the "action"
May 05, 2015, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbreak
It was buried in the silo. The guy from 3dr flew it around, hovering and all, so really I only just got to look at it. He was saying they will release the pix 2 stand alone sometime soon. As it was an FPV race, the silo wasn't really part of the "action"

Fair enough. If it's really as small as the picture that I've seen of it in the palm of someone's hand, that is pretty exciting, even without any hardware upgrades (which it sounds like there is a significant increase in processor capability). That and the switch from DF13 connectors alone would have me shopping for one.
May 06, 2015, 04:58 AM
Most people are stupid!
Yep I'll be having a few for sure once they're out.
May 06, 2015, 07:08 AM
Member, CRRC
I know 3DR have been working with the Intel Edison. How likely is the pixhawk2 based on that microcontroller/micro processor combo?
May 06, 2015, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by makattack
I know 3DR have been working with the Intel Edison. How likely is the pixhawk2 based on that microcontroller/micro processor combo?

The Solo documentation states that it has several Linux computers (I think they say 1GHz?) between the aircraft and the controller. Given the form factor and features of the Edison, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what was in there. Ultimately, whatever it is will certainly add a ton of potential for new features. I can only imagine what Randy and the rest of the dev team will come up with.
May 06, 2015, 09:25 AM
Closed Account
My co-worker is guessing that the 1GHz computers are BeagleBone Blacks... The Arduino Tre (not releases by Arduino yet) is a Beaglebone Black. / Arduino hybrid that sounds just like what recent marketing literature seems to indicate.

The AP runs on the Arduino side and the BBB takes care of all the rest. Just a guess.
May 06, 2015, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by workshop
My co-worker is guessing that the 1GHz computers are BeagleBone Blacks... The Arduino Tre (not releases by Arduino yet) is a Beaglebone Black. / Arduino hybrid that sounds just like what recent marketing literature seems to indicate.

The AP runs on the Arduino side and the BBB takes care of all the rest. Just a guess.

Or that. Didn't figure a BBB would be small enough to fit in that package, and Edison leaves out graphics and stuff that you wouldn't need, but who knows. Either way it should be pretty cool.
May 07, 2015, 01:43 PM
Closed Account
BeagleBone Black is getting smaller everyday...

http://makezine.com/2015/05/07/next-...st-9-computer/

Embedded Linux on hardware like this is the way to go...
May 10, 2015, 04:32 PM
Well seems like the whole 3 accelerometers and 3 gyroscopes on the new Pixhawk 2 is a bit fail, since one of the main devs has already opted to basically disable the extra ones added since the Pixhawk 1:

https://github.com/diydrones/ardupil...736dcf637e8bd7

"if we have 3 gyros then only use first two.
the 3rd gyro on a PH2 has a lot more noise as it is not vibration
isolated
"

and:

https://github.com/diydrones/ardupil...af667cd727dbe9

"double the threshold for accel inconsistency on IMU3.
IMU3 varies in temperature a lot compared to IMU1/IMU2, so needs a
higher threshold to prevent false positives"

So the only benefit so far from the pixhawk 2 would be the smaller form factor and the vibration isolation for the other sensors, and depending if it's the same processor used or not, then that could be the deciding factor. If it's the same processor no need to upgrade from your pixhawk.
May 11, 2015, 03:24 AM
Regarding to vibration and noise issue I think 3DR has enough time to fix it before releasing.
I think Pixhawk CPU is enable to handle the ardupilot for several years from now so an upgrade for the CPU does not seem necessary.
May 11, 2015, 09:52 AM
It would be much better if Pixhawk 2 capable of handling external IMU. Gas-Helicopter can surely a good way to use it.. just a thought though..
May 23, 2015, 10:38 AM
does it available alone,?
May 23, 2015, 12:54 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007
does it available alone,?
Not yet, 1 month more.
May 24, 2015, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMaster
Not yet, 1 month more.