Apr 14, 2015, 11:30 AM
delete
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2015, 05:29 AM
My ordered AUAV-X2/minihawk is on the way, now I again must wait for another little thing.....
Apr 16, 2015, 08:04 PM
Sirach 6:7-16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yana547
Wow....I just ordered AUAV-X2 from Arsovtect because its smaller than pixhawk. Now we have pixhawk2 that even smaller than AUAV.....no regret.
I did the same but have regrets now.
Apr 16, 2015, 08:16 PM
There is a pixhawk II (second generation Pixhawk ) it will be sold separately but I'm sure they will not be on the market until after the Solo has been out awhile. The pixhawk by no means will be obsolete , it will be like owning a gopro 3+ vs 4.
Last edited by Old heli dog; Apr 16, 2015 at 08:53 PM.
Apr 17, 2015, 09:55 AM
can wait to see what will be included inside the Pixhawk II. Please have internal damping. Having an external damper is stupid.
Apr 17, 2015, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoanglong
can wait to see what will be included inside the Pixhawk II. Please have internal damping. Having an external damper is stupid.
Agree.
But at least we have forced to learn one thing or two and challange our creativity
Apr 18, 2015, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Yes it would be nice to have a internal dampening system that can be used in gas and nitro applications for helicopters and fixed wing. DJI has it so I hope 3DR did everyone a favor. I guess time will tell.
Apr 18, 2015, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old heli dog
Yes it would be nice to have a internal dampening system that can be used in gas and nitro applications for helicopters and fixed wing. DJI has it so I hope 3DR did everyone a favor. I guess time will tell.

There was a quote with that picture of the PX2 in the guys hand. Its on the first page of the official solo thread.

"Pixhawk 2 is a refined version of pixhawk1, the dual processor flight controller we have today. But it has internal damping and 3 IMU's which are used to for redundancy and improved accuracy of the EKF"

The Shamwow guy (Collin) also stated internal dampening in one of the videos. Im very excited to see what they have in that magic little black box
Apr 20, 2015, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyslikearock
There was a quote with that picture of the PX2 in the guys hand. Its on the first page of the official solo thread.

"Pixhawk 2 is a refined version of pixhawk1, the dual processor flight controller we have today. But it has internal damping and 3 IMU's which are used to for redundancy and improved accuracy of the EKF"

The Shamwow guy (Collin) also stated internal dampening in one of the videos. Im very excited to see what they have in that magic little black box
Thanks for the info, I missed that.
Now I hope they get them out on the market very soon so I can try one on my 770 Goblin.
From there we can see how the performance is on a gas helicopter without manufacturing a large dampening platform. Can't wait
Apr 22, 2015, 04:05 AM
is there any news on the release date of PX2? This is very tempting... I have been flying the Pixhawk 1 and APM for years now and of the main reason why i would choose 3DR over DJI is just simply because 3DR did listen to our comment.

Internal damping is an example, at first they found that Pixhawk is extremely sensitive to vibration so DIY users, 3DR staffs ect did their test, tell us what went wrong and what could we do to improve it. which was nice, now i have just received the news that PX2 will have 3 IMU and internal damping.

Can't wait...
Last edited by phoanglong; Apr 22, 2015 at 04:40 AM.
Apr 23, 2015, 01:25 PM
Crashomatic
id be interested in getting the px2 and all the hardware that seems to be in the solo (even the remote) without having to get the solo frame, granted that:

- at least the software is still open source (i dont mind paying a few extra bucks to get hardware from 3dr instead of cloners)
- its +- the same stuff between the solo and px2 and other components

if not, then they'd become another proprietary vendor and thats not very interesting for tinkerers (in this case id might as well get a DJI..)
Apr 23, 2015, 08:58 PM
Desperately Waiting for Spring
Chris Anderson posted yesterday on DIYDrones in a thread about those horrible little DF13 connectors saying that PH2 has moved to a Molex Click connector for everything, and that it (PH2) would be out this summer. So not so much longer to wait.
Apr 30, 2015, 03:47 PM
Assault the sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreek
Chris Anderson posted yesterday on DIYDrones in a thread about those horrible little DF13 connectors saying that PH2 has moved to a Molex Click connector for everything, and that it (PH2) would be out this summer. So not so much longer to wait.
can you link to the source please?
Apr 30, 2015, 08:53 PM
Desperately Waiting for Spring
Sure.

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/pi...age=2#comments

Page 2. About halfway down.

I think I know you from the ShapeOko forum, too, secretspy711. Pretty sure I use your limit switch mounts from Thingiverse.
May 02, 2015, 01:35 PM
I saw one Thursday at drone x.

Quick Reply