Apr 12, 2015, 08:38 AM
Contest

FSS #2A ALES Saturday May 16 2015 Christmas FL

The Orlando Buzzards are hosting our second FSS ALES contest of 2015 on Saturday May 16, at our Christmas field.
Mandatory pilot's meeting at 10 AM (mandatory for pilots and timers!). Flying starts immediately afterwards!
Altitude limiter set to 150 meters.
Sorry, no food or drink available at the field.

CD is Don Grisham.

www.orlandobuzzards.org
www.soar-fss.org
Last edited by raed5; Apr 13, 2015 at 07:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2015, 09:07 AM
Count me in.
Apr 16, 2015, 07:34 AM
Ben
I'll be there.
Ben
Apr 16, 2015, 05:12 PM
1-Don Grisham (CD)
2-Doug Cepuran
3-Ben Thomas
4-Raed Elazzawi
Apr 16, 2015, 05:16 PM
AECS USN RET. P3 FE
yes
Apr 16, 2015, 05:47 PM
so Im new and have a question. Do I need to try and find someone to bring with me to be my timer? Im sorry as I dont know how all this works. Id like to participate
Apr 16, 2015, 06:01 PM
AECS USN RET. P3 FE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb1
so Im new and have a question. Do I need to try and find someone to bring with me to be my timer? Im sorry as I dont know how all this works. Id like to participate
We can usually scrounge up a timer :>)
Seriously all you need is a plane with an alt. limiter set to 150M. There will be many people there to help with anything you might need
Allan
Apr 16, 2015, 06:36 PM
1-Don Grisham (CD)
2-Doug Cepuran
3-Ben Thomas
4-Raed Elazzawi
5-Allan Parsons
6-Seb1
May 04, 2015, 05:36 PM
1-Don Grisham (CD)
2-Doug Cepuran
3-Ben Thomas
4-Raed Elazzawi
5-Allan Parsons
6-Seb1
7-John Kennedy
May 04, 2015, 06:03 PM
AECS USN RET. P3 FE
1-Don Grisham (CD)
2-Doug Cepuran
3-Ben Thomas
4-Raed Elazzawi
5-Allan Parsons
6-Seb1
7-John Kennedy
8-Kiburis

working on Ed
May 05, 2015, 05:28 PM
"Somebody step on a duck?"

ALES vs. String Launch...............................

This is how it should be. ALES planes flying in ALES contests with ALES rules. I doubt if the DLG boys would embrace a DLG with a motor.
May 06, 2015, 09:14 AM
Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiburis
This is how it should be. ALES planes flying in ALES contests with ALES rules. I doubt if the DLG boys would embrace a DLG with a motor.
Hummmmmmmm. I have been flying gliders since 1967, R/C since 1955. While in the Army, started off with a large FF model (with a .049 motor) with pulse rudder. Lost it after about 15 flights in a big Texas thermal spiraling up and out of sight. I was hooked. I'm as old timer (be 72 this month) as you can get, just love to fly.

Yes, I'm a purest and love winch launched flying. Nevertheless, as I fly by myself in St. Petersburg, FL and don't have a winch, a high start in the short field where I fly is good for practicing landings and working your ass off to get up in low thermals. The motor glider is what keeps me in the hobby.

I also can assure you that as soon as the motor cuts off at 150 meters/492 feet give or take, or you come over the top on a super zoom launch, 600'+? ALL things are equal (maybe the TD ships are a bit cleaner) that is that! Technology in airframe and electronics plus pilotage, skill and sometime luck takes over. I personally feel that the future in gliding as a sport is the electric glider. As a purest, Winch launched TD will always be here and I embrace it! Always have. But for fun, give me that old electric string!

Ben
May 07, 2015, 09:55 AM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiburis
I still say we give DLG pilots 4 throws per round summing the total of the flights for the round score. How, to do the landing points I'm not sure. Each hand catch is 25 points? That may work. You'd have to do a 4, 2min turnarounds.
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!
May 08, 2015, 11:33 AM

Chuck McCann on 51

Hey Chuck
You are clear to fly on CH 51.
Raed
May 08, 2015, 05:43 PM
Raed,

I am planning on bringing my Olympic Trophy winner. Barring another try for a second medal.

Dave

Quick Reply