JKM RC Solutions has Migrated to Amazon Web Services! - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by JulietKiloMike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 12, 2015, 12:47 AM
Build Log

JKM RC Solutions has Migrated to Amazon Web Services!

After months of putting up with the intermittent outages from my free hosting provider, I finally got the gumption to pick up everything and move it over to Amazon Web Services. It took a few days, but now all of my website's email, web server, and PHP hosting is done through AWS and the DNS has been reconfigured accordingly. Learning to run servers and set permissions through SSH took a long time, and even the FTP was different (I'm now using SFTP to connect to an AWS EC2 instance using a key pair, whereas before I was using unencrypted FTP to connect in a more simple fashion to my host's web server). That said, I've definitely learned a lot, thanks in no small part to the kind folks over at stackexchange and some linux and aws tutorials I found through google! It wasn't nearly as simple as the plug-and-play web servers I was used to from before, and having so much control over my servers is quite daunting...but, hopefully it'll be worth it!

The good news is, the website is now rock-solid stable, and it seems that all the permissions kinks have been worked out. This is my first time using amazon web services, so let me know what you think!

http://jkmrcsolutions.com
to remove ads between posts