Apr 11, 2015, 11:51 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Plea To DJI for better Inspire Customer Service

Plea to DJI.

First Inspire Camera failed on my 3rd flight. 2nd camera failed on my 8th flight on my vacation. Remote bricked on firmware upgrade. New camera failed March 23rd with new camera. Sent the unit back to you on March 26th. UPS said you received it 7 days later on April 2nd.

As of last night on 4/10, there is nothing on my DJI zen page about receiving my Inspire, nor no email or phone call from you . It says not to call for 10 days so expected 10 days before you acknowledged that you have received and checked in my Inspire. Was told to expect 5-6 week turn around from when you received it from me.

In 2 months of ownership, I've had just a couple flying days culminated by a mechanical failure flight on the vacation I purchased it for on the 8th flight on the 2nd unit.

Is this really your idea of improved customer service?

So far, my experience with my Inspire is disappointing, although the little flying I got in, I enjoyed.

My experience with tech support and warranty repair is an absolute failure. If this had been purchased through Amazon, B&H Photo, or so other established/ respected company, I would have been issued a new unit or refund. Not asked to wait almost 2 months plus be left hanging for 2 weeks to know everything is ok with the return unit and a turn around time of 6-8 weeks.

On top of this, I get emails and see on my profile page, at your service web site that all these issues or problem are " solved" , which further irritate me. That is not the case. Nothing has been resolved other than you saying, send it in. and wait 7-8 weeks.

What's really going to be disappointing is "if" we find out it's just the $30 camera housing module that connects to the gimbal on the bottom of the Inspire which I could have installed. In the 7-8 weeks this may take based on your predilections, this could probably have been resolved with a $30 overnight shipping of a $30 part. Would have been worth trying. Some dealers, as well as manufacturers like HP and other world class companies have done that with me. Send me the part, put it on my credit card (if it's an expensive part) after service has reviewed the problem with me and realizing I can change a part, and then crediting me when they receive the part back if they charged me for it.

Just a simple customer FYI. I know your trying and it's a big task, but from this (*and many other) customer's perspective, you are not succeeding.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2015, 09:55 PM
Something for you to read:
http://lehtoslaw.com/does-the-lemon-...-car-or-truck/

Gives you a starting point for discussion. PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Mike
Apr 13, 2015, 09:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenOhSix
Something for you to read:
http://lehtoslaw.com/does-the-lemon-...-car-or-truck/

Gives you a starting point for discussion. PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Mike
I contemplated asking for a refund. Paypal gives 6 months to complain, which I though was just 2 months which is just a bout up. Dealer has been good on this. DJI is who I have problem with but if I go for a refund, it would have to be on the dealer.
Apr 13, 2015, 09:57 PM
Thread OP
My 2nd camera died 4 weeks ago today in Kauai. I sent it back to DJI on the following Thursday. Other than UPS telling me it was delivered, I've heard nothing.

I understand they are busy, but they need to ramp up if they are this far behind on repairs. This delay isn't doing them any good. I'm certainly not happy with this and I may be another 2-4 weeks out. Just not good and it's the norm, not an isolated case.

Here is a reported repair for the DJI forum posted today. This seems to be the norm.

call pickup tag 3/6/15
arrived 3/13/15
received 3/28/15
checked in 3/30/15
repaired 4/13/15
waiting for being shipped
Apr 13, 2015, 10:01 PM
sillygoo.se
You think Inspire customer service is bad? Try owning a Phantom! Practically non-existant!
Apr 13, 2015, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfro
I contemplated asking for a refund. Paypal gives 6 months to complain, which I though was just 2 months which is just a bout up. Dealer has been good on this. DJI is who I have problem with but if I go for a refund, it would have to be on the dealer.
{... snip ...

There are two types of warranties. Express warranties are usually statements in writing such as those provided by the manufacturers in owner's manuals and other written sales or advertising materials, or by a sample or model. Implied warranties are broader in scope and assure consumers that the retail product would meet certain minimum standards of quality whereby the product is fit for use for the purpose intended. In each type the manufacturer assumes the liability and responsibility to correct the defect or to repurchase or replace the product.

... Snip ... }

Quick Reply