61 M8 RC ringed short stroke
61 M 12LS ABC/ABC ring long stroke

OPS
60 FIRE

Irvine
61 R, RLS

Super Tigre X 60 SP RC

MDS/MAC 61

Coming just haven't had the time to measure.

Fox 60 FIRE

Post other engine that would fall into the Pattern category. I believe there is a Russian engine but do not know the model. etc.

Credit for starting this goes to another member Speedpanzer.
Last edited by computermonkey; Dec 08, 2020 at 02:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2015, 01:09 PM
DavidsPlanes
Ralph,

nice additions!

Say, I wanted to expand this list too so I'm glad you took the initative. I was thinking that it would be good to keep the spreadsheet organized in dimensional blocks by brand, first, and by chronology, second.

In other words, each dimensional block (entered via the horizontal rows) would contain only ONE brand of engines (OS, YS, MVVS, Enya, Webra, Rossi, NovaRossi, etc.). Each column (after the first dimensional column) would then contain a given engine's dimensions which would be sorted chronologically. For example, for OS, we would have:

OS 61 FSR, OS 61 VF, OS 61 SF, OS 61 SF-P, OS 61 RF, OS 61 RF-P, OS 61 FX, OS 55 AX, OS 65 AX, OS 75 AX sorted in columns B through J.

Below that block we would then have the YS engines and so forth. I was thinking it might be a good idea to also sort the engine brands by "continent" or country so to speak so we would have Japanese engines (by popularity) at the top followed by European engines and lastly American engines (as there aren't many). Something like:
  • OS
  • YS
  • Enya
  • Rossi
  • NovaRossi
  • OPS
  • Picco
  • SuperTigre
  • Webra
  • MVVS
  • Moki
  • Irvine
We should probably also go up a tad in point size to say 12 points so the list is easily legible.

I'm happy to do the sorting if you send me your updated list and I'll post both a JPG and the Excel sheet back into the thread when done. Ultimately, we could use one for 40-50 size engines too and another for 25-36 size engines as these are the three "classes" of classics that we fly - mostly.

What do you think?

David

P.S. I have some measuring calipers (as of Xmas) so I can get accurate measurements of the engines I have if they are not in the list. I don't own any Moki's or Enya's however.
Apr 11, 2015, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the effort!
Apr 11, 2015, 04:04 PM
Thread OP
How do you like this lay out?
Last edited by computermonkey; Oct 01, 2015 at 06:53 AM.
Apr 11, 2015, 05:15 PM
Great work. Very easy to read!
Thanks!
Apr 11, 2015, 05:16 PM
Classic Pattern Pilot

List sorting order

You may arrange it in whichever order you like....

When I started this excel spreadsheet it was for the sole purpose to create a quick overview of those rear exhaust engines main dimensions.
If you like to changeover for a given airframe lets say from an OS 61RF to a YS 61AR, it helps to get an idea which kind of modifications will be in front of you.

Dominik
Apr 11, 2015, 05:20 PM
Thread OP
I would like to give credit to Dominik for starting this.
Apr 12, 2015, 04:27 AM
CM,

I'd like to get a copy of the that spreadsheet. Could you zip it up and upload here?

Here's how OS Max handled the info in their 1986 flyer/poster that they used to include in the box with an engine.
Apr 12, 2015, 07:19 AM
Thread OP
spread sheet zipped
Oct 01, 2015, 06:48 AM
Thread OP
Enya 61 CXL S PRO has been add thanks to cjannelli
Oct 01, 2015, 07:30 AM
Classic Pattern Pilot

Novarossi

Thanks to all contributing!

I would need to get one of my Novarossis out of its box and measure it, to inculde it as well in this list.

Dominik
Oct 01, 2015, 07:32 AM
Thread OP
It is in the list.
Oct 01, 2015, 07:43 AM
Classic Pattern Pilot
Oops
I didnīt notice it first glance... even better. Thanks Ralph!
Oct 01, 2015, 08:04 AM
Thread OP
Your welcome
Dec 23, 2016, 10:52 PM

Irvine 61 RLS

A bit late to the party here but came across this thread while doing a search on the Irvine and seeing I have one NIB I figured a scan of the sheet showing dimensions might be of some help with the spreadsheet. Weight BTW is 553 grams. These are based on the 61R crankcase but use the Q72 crankshaft and rod so the bore obviously is smaller than the 61R. This is similar to the way the 40RLS (got one of them too) is built as it uses the 46 crankshaft and likewise a smaller bore.

Quick Reply