This thread is privately moderated by blade strike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 10, 2015, 09:15 PM
Thread OP
New Product

E1200 Pro Tuned Propulsion System - S900 Upgrade Unboxing

E1200 Pro Tuned Propulsion System Upgrade for The s900.
  • Integrated Structure
    For ultimate convenience, the E1200 Pro’s integrated ESC,
    motor, and propeller are designed as a single unit that can
    be installed quickly and easily on the arm
    of any compatible platform. It also enables
    a total solution for heat dissipation
  • 17-Inch Ultra-Carbon Folding Propeller
    As one of the largest members of the Z-blade series, the 17-inch propeller boosts both
    efficiency and thrust. The application of advanced ultra-carbon-fiber composite, provides the
    rigidity of a metal propeller with lower inertial momentum. The classic folding design protects
    the propellers while making transportation and use as simple and efficient as ever.
  • Motor & ESC Cooling System
    A built-in centrifugal fan provides active cooling for both the ESC and the motor. Grid-shaped structure in the top allows for adequate ventilation while keeping dust and other debris out. The dissipation area of the integrated base plate has been enlarged by 200-300%, greatly enhancing passive cooling of the system.
  • Next Generation Smart ESC
    The sine-wave drive ESC increases power efficiency by capturing energy that is produced during deceleration. Active braking provides better dynamic response. Dynamic battery voltage ripple compensation maintains a linear speed-throttle relationship, making the flight control experience more fluid and stable.
  • Breaking Limits
    When using the E1200 Pro to upgrade your S900 using a standard 6S battery, flight endurance can be extended by nearly 30% *, assuming a consistent takeoff weight. With greater thrust, the maximum take-off weight can be increased by 1.8kg*.
    Moreover, the E1200 Pro is capable of working in environmental temperature up to 60˚C and is capable of taking-off at altitudes 2000m higher than previous generations.
Last edited by blade strike; Apr 10, 2015 at 09:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2015, 10:47 PM
S900 Wookong GAIN with kit E1200?
Apr 16, 2015, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
try the suggested gains in the manual, start from there.
Apr 19, 2015, 05:15 PM
With the new arms on the S900 will the motors still be off center for stability?
Apr 19, 2015, 05:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmike39
With the new arms on the S900 will the motors still be off center for stability?
Yes.
Apr 19, 2015, 05:24 PM
Cool! Thanks
Apr 19, 2015, 08:28 PM
Blade, did you use a bigger battery with the e1200? What battery do you get the best flight time with with or without the upgrade? Thanks again.
Apr 23, 2015, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
try the suggested gains in the manual, start from there.
In the manual are only for DJI A2 Flight Controller.
The previous values for A2 and Wookong are very different.
I do not think that it can use the values of A2 on WooKong
Apr 23, 2015, 09:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmike39
Blade, did you use a bigger battery with the e1200? What battery do you get the best flight time with with or without the upgrade? Thanks again.
Same 21000mah battery as before getting about an average of 2-3 mins more.
Apr 23, 2015, 09:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by signirr
In the manual are only for DJI A2 Flight Controller.
The previous values for A2 and Wookong are very different.
I do not think that it can use the values of A2 on WooKong
I don't own a Wookong, so I don't have values. I wouldn't think they would be too far off.
Apr 23, 2015, 10:44 PM
I'm flying s900 + Wookong + e1200 and getting shaking in atti and gps, even in gps hover.

Here are my current gains settings:
Basic
Pitch = 160, Roll = 160, Yaw = 72
Advanced
Pitch = 136, Roll = 136, Vertical = 70

I arrived at these settings by taking the stock Wookong s900 settings and applying the same % change to them that DJI made on the A2. It was basically a stab in the dark.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should set the gains for Wookong/s900/e1200?

Here's a video of the arms shaking. Unfortunately the video is a bit shaky too... sigh.

You can see the shaking best right at the end, 40 sec in.
s900 e1200 upgrade + Wookong = shaking arms Video1 (0 min 43 sec)

You can see it a bit better on this one.
s900 e1200 upgrade + Wookong = shaking arms Video2 (0 min 27 sec)

Thanks for the help.
Apr 23, 2015, 10:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscottcampbell
I'm flying s900 + Wookong + e1200 and getting shaking in atti and gps, even in gps hover.

Here are my current gains settings:
Basic
Pitch = 160, Roll = 160, Yaw = 72
Advanced
Pitch = 136, Roll = 136, Vertical = 70

I arrived at these settings by taking the stock Wookong s900 settings and applying the same % change to them that DJI made on the A2. It was basically a stab in the dark.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should set the gains for Wookong/s900/e1200?

Here's a video of the arms shaking. Unfortunately the video is a bit shaky too... sigh.

You can see the shaking best right at the end, 40 sec in.
https://vimeo.com/125870843

You can see it a bit better on this one.
https://vimeo.com/125870844

Thanks for the help.
I would start to drop basic and see if that helps.
Apr 24, 2015, 04:16 PM
Quote:
I would start to drop basic and see if that helps.
Here are my new wkm gains for s900 + e1200 propulsion + z15 + gh4 + 16000mah bat. It's too windy out to finish. But it's usable now.

Basic Pitch 120, Roll 120, Yaw 85, Vertical 80
Atti Pitch 138, Roll 138

The culprits were Basic Pitch, Roll and Vertical.

I'll post final gains for this setup when it's not windy.

The e1200 propulsion motors and sine wave esc's are way more powerful and responsive, I had to lower all gains from the previous WKM stock motor/esc setup.
Last edited by rscottcampbell; Apr 25, 2015 at 02:45 AM.
Apr 25, 2015, 08:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscottcampbell
Here are my new wkm gains for s900 + e1200 propulsion + z15 + gh4 + 16000mah bat. It's too windy out to finish. But it's usable now.

Basic Pitch 120, Roll 120, Yaw 85, Vertical 80
Atti Pitch 138, Roll 138

The culprits were Basic Pitch, Roll and Vertical.

I'll post final gains for this setup when it's not windy.

The e1200 propulsion motors and sine wave esc's are way more powerful and responsive, I had to lower all gains from the previous WKM stock motor/esc setup.
Great news let us know what your final gains are.
Apr 27, 2015, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Great news let us know what your final gains are.
Blade, I'm still getting a very strong main body up/down oscillation on hover only. It's weird, the motors stay in one spot, but the main body shakes up and down. (previously the body was still and the motors shook up and down.) On maneuvers, yaw, vertical, descent, rudder etc the motors sound nice and smooth and visibly there's no shaking. Just on hover. It's like it gets caught in a feedback oscillation. I'll try to shoot some video of it later today.

Is this likely the "vertical" gain setting? I was assuming 70 was too low, it's now at 80. However, maybe that is too high.

Thanks

Quick Reply