May 13, 2015, 08:58 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!

Fpv

How would you use FPV with Aerosky Telemetry Module (ATM)?

The quad has one data cable and one JST power cable hanging down the two legs. I assume the data cable goes to the ATM and the power cable to the camera? But how does camera hook to data?

Russ
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2015, 11:51 AM
Thread OP
Are you asking if you can use the optional telemetry module to send live video to your ground station? If so no you cannot. This module doesn't have the capabilities to send live video feed.
May 14, 2015, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie
Are you asking if you can use the optional telemetry module to send live video to your ground station? If so no you cannot. This module doesn't have the capabilities to send live video feed.
Okay, I was hoping to get all telemetry and video into one channel but I guess I will have to attach all of my FatShark gear also. Oh well.
May 14, 2015, 04:00 PM
Russ - RGS2010 - What's the progress on your return of your X350? I am experiencing similar initialization and/or not shutting down or slow response of the receiver problems. I may be able to learn from your experiences.

SteveGB
May 14, 2015, 04:05 PM

Transmitter proximity to X350 during start up

Other than physical safety, is there any reason why it is recommended to be at least 20 feet from the X350 when unlocking?
May 14, 2015, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGB
Russ - RGS2010 - What's the progress on your return of your X350? I am experiencing similar initialization and/or not shutting down or slow response of the receiver problems. I may be able to learn from your experiences.

SteveGB
Shipper just received it back today. So will see tomorrow I hope. He said that they would only need an hour or two to know what problem is...I'll keep you posted.
May 15, 2015, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010
How would you use FPV with Aerosky Telemetry Module (ATM)?

The quad has one data cable and one JST power cable hanging down the two legs. I assume the data cable goes to the ATM and the power cable to the camera? But how does camera hook to data?

Russ
The red JST connector will supply 11.1V to your gimbal or FPV system.
May 15, 2015, 11:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGB
I am experiencing similar initialization and/or not shutting down or slow response of the receiver problems. I may be able to learn from your experiences.

Other than physical safety, is there any reason why it is recommended to be at least 20 feet from the X350 when unlocking?
From my experience with the quadcopter so far it seems to sometimes be a little slow in arming/disarming if you don't power on the quadcopter and transmitter at the same time. Also if the quadcopter is moved/tilted while it's initializing it will cause it to take longer to self calibrate.

In regards to the 20ft thing, that is just for personal safety. All the times I've flown the X350 I've armed and taken off the quadcopter within a couple feet of me.
May 16, 2015, 10:36 PM
There is an update to my update. When I lost a prop on my coworkers x350 and it came down on its top from about 12 feet apparently there was some damage. He received new prop nuts, installed them and he said the quad is dead. Perhaps internal damage from coming down on its top? No external damage whatsoever.

Any ideas?

LM
May 17, 2015, 02:58 PM

Crash Damage

Lazermule,

Have you looked at my comments and the pics of my crashed X350 (SteveGB) on page one of this set of threads? Since he now has probably voided the warranty, I would suggest he open the unit by removing the screws from the bottom.

The connector for the green/red status lights on the back of my quad came undone in my crash. If it did in his perhaps it would give the illusion of a dead unit since those lights would not flash. The boom LEDs would have to be checked also. Perhaps something else came loose that can be reconnected. Good luck.

My X350 is up and flying again.

SteveGB
May 17, 2015, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazermule
There is an update to my update. When I lost a prop on my coworkers x350 and it came down on its top from about 12 feet apparently there was some damage. He received new prop nuts, installed them and he said the quad is dead. Perhaps internal damage from coming down on its top? No external damage whatsoever.

Any ideas?

LM
Right after you connect the battery to the quad, did you hear a tone coming from the quadcopter?
May 18, 2015, 08:06 AM
Still no word from my Amazon supplier other than it was received last Thursday. Time seems to drag when you are waiting on information...and paid GOOD money for which you have nothing to show
May 18, 2015, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuntheGreat
Right after you connect the battery to the quad, did you hear a tone coming from the quadcopter?
Jun,

Yes there is a tone (s) and the light start flashing. Just that the motors won't arm.

LM
May 18, 2015, 11:49 AM
Thread OP
Double check to see if the SWA and SWC switch is in the correct position. If those are not in the 0 position the quadcopter will not arm. Also make sure the trims are centered. If that doesn't fix the issue then something inside the quadcopter has became loose. Do you hear any rattling coming from the inside of the quad if you give it a gentle shake?
May 18, 2015, 12:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010
Still no word from my Amazon supplier other than it was received last Thursday. Time seems to drag when you are waiting on information...and paid GOOD money for which you have nothing to show
We only distribute the X350 to two other sellers. I called both of them and found out who you bought it from. They already looked into the item and said that it works perfectly fine. The issue was that you didn't have the throttle trim centered. They said that it was set at about 2-3 clicks before full up. They mentioned that they'll test fly the unit briefly to make sure it works and then will try to have it sent back out to you by the end of today or tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply