Apr 10, 2015, 06:06 PM
Thread OP
New Product

Aerosky X350 Quadcopter GPS 2.4ghz Ready to Fly Drone

Aerosky X350 Quadcopter Drone Overview Part 1 (10 min 12 sec)

Aerosky X350 Quadcopter Drone w/ GPS Part 2 (17 min 52 sec)

Aerosky X350 Quadcopter w/ Droid Planner Part 3 (16 min 37 sec)

Additional photos can be found here

The X350 is Aerosky's newest drone design. Aerosky has proven to be a top competitor in producing excellent aircrafts while being cost effective and delivering high value. The X350 Quad is no exception. The X350 competes with top tier rigs of this class, delivering smooth and stable flight and equipped with all the right features out of the box. This X350 is a serious competitor and Aerosky has done an excellent job to create a sensational quad with awesome features.

The X350 comes ready to fly with a Aerosky 2.4ghz transmitter system and a 11.1v 2800mah LiPo Battery. Not only does it come with the essential items required to fly the drone, but it is also equipped with flight enhancing systems such as GPS, Return Home function, altitude sensor with altitude hold, self stabilization mode, and built in failsafe modes.
The Aerosky X350 will never get lost with its GPS and auto pilot system. With the assistance of GPS, the X350 is fully capable of returning to its starting point on auto pilot. To activate the GPS home function all you need to do is hit a switch on the transmitter. If you happen to run out of range or experience interference, the X350 will return home on its own without any radio input.

The X350 is also equipped with an enhanced altitude sensors which utilizes onboard GPS technology allowing satellite recognition and performing location tracking which allows the X350 to hover at precise altitudes.

This ready to fly machine comes feature packed and is a joy to fly. All the flight enhancing systems makes piloting this machine almost feel like cheating. The system takes over and rewards you with smooth stable flight. Want to get risky? Flip a switch to disable the system and you are in full manual control. The quad also comes with a aluminum and carbon camera cradle designed to fit a GoPro type camera for aerial cinematography.

Features:
Easy to Fly
Altitude Hold
GPS Position Hold
Point of Interest
Return to Location/Home
Failsafe Return Home
Headless Mode
Follow Me (Telemetry Module Required)
Set Waypoints and Create Flight Plan (Telemetry Module Required)

Configuration:
Motor:4pcs x 2312 KV1000 motor
ESC :4pcs x 20A Brushless ESC
Battery :11.1V 2800mAh 20C Li-Po "for a limited time, free upgrade to 4000mah"
Transmitter Battery:4 AA Batteries (Not Included)
Radio System:7CH Radio,7CH Receiver ,2.4GHZ
Propeller:4pcs x 8045 Propeller
Power Input:11.1V(3S Li Po)
Maximum Tilt Angel:35°
Maximum Yaw Angular Velocity:200°/s
Hovering Accuracy:Vertical: 0.5m Horizontal: 2m
GPS and Flight Controller (Included)

Specification:
Rotor Distance:350MM
Flight Time: Approx 20 minutes
Flight Weight:< 1000g
Operating Environment Temperature: -10℃-50℃
Power Consumption: 3.12W
Weight (Battery & Propellers Included): <1000g
Hover Accuracy (Ready To Fly Version): Vertical: 0.5m Horizontal: 2m
Max Yaw Angular Velocity: 200°/s
Max Tiltable Angle: 35°
Max Ascent / Descent Speed: 3m/s
Max Flight Speed: 10m/s
Diagonal Motor-Motor Distance: 350mm
GPS inside

Battery
Battery Type: 3S LiPo,2800mAh,20c
Battery Cells: 3S
Battery Capacity: 2800mAh
Battery Discharge Rate: 20C

Radio
Operating Frequency: 2.4GHz iSM
Channel: 7 Channel
Communication Distance: (Open Area) 1000m
Receiver Sensitivity: (1%PER) > -100dBm
Transmitter Power: <20dBm
Working Voltage: 52mA @ 6V
AA Battery (NO.5): 4pcs (Not INCLUDED)
Last edited by RaidenCharlie; Aug 14, 2015 at 04:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2015, 06:23 PM
Nice product! I wonder how well the GPS will hold.
Apr 12, 2015, 07:17 PM
Orlando FL
This unit pop up in a email today from HobbyPartz, I cannot see how this is not just a rebranded Phantom, and a old Phantom at that, I only see one antenna lead and the props are not self tightening . On the plus side I like the landing gear better and you get two sets, the gopro mount is better, and a larger battery. Now we just need someone to open it up and tell us if the flight controller is a NAZA
Apr 13, 2015, 12:00 PM
Thread OP
The flight controller is not a Naza nor is this a rebranded Phantom, this unit uses a APM flight controller.
Apr 13, 2015, 05:12 PM
Looking at their features, it has point of interest and this is not found in phantom 1. Interesting!

Features:
Easy to Fly
Altitude Hold
GPS Position Hold
Point of Interest
Return to Location/Home
Failsafe Return Home
Headless Mode
Follow Me (Telemetry Module Required)
Set Waypoints and Create Flight Plan (Telemetry Module Required)
Last edited by JuntheGreat; Apr 13, 2015 at 05:45 PM.
Apr 13, 2015, 07:14 PM
what makes the naza flight controller so great? i didnt have such great of an experience with it especially with it locking you out and having you have to reprogram the whole thing on the "life assistant" software on the computer. i may just have a bad taste in my mouth but it wasnt a fun endeavor.

I think there are benefits with an open source flight controller. you can test different user parameters and software instead of relying on a single manufacturers settings for your application.

people should stop putting DJI on the pedestal and give other systems a try.

im curious to see how well the droidplanner works.
Apr 20, 2015, 02:33 PM
Maybe naza is apm all along, illuminati confirmed!
Apr 22, 2015, 05:54 PM
For the price and from what I can see from the specs this quadcopter looks to be very good. I'll most likely pick one up in a couple of weeks.
Apr 23, 2015, 03:35 PM
Return home and fail safe return home is pretty accurate. Nice video!
May 03, 2015, 07:25 PM
Always Fly Two Mistakes High!
Tell us more about the Telemetry Module and what it does please.

P.S. Just ordered this quad...looks great!

Love to have some specs on Transmitter (brand, etc), if other Tx could bind, etc, I have iPhone so Droid software does me no good.
Last edited by RGS2010; May 04, 2015 at 01:30 PM.
May 03, 2015, 09:33 PM
Yes I agree I want to use follow me mode and waypointzzz
May 04, 2015, 04:41 PM

Battery Cut Off Voltage

Had an X350 take off and wind up in a tree. Had a hell of a time getting it down from 45 feet. Was flying very well for 12 minutes due to the videos on my surveillance system. Then the x350 took off with the boom LEDs flashing. All I can figure is low voltage or radio failure. I was about 15 feet from the x350. Can you tell me what voltage puts the X350 into RTL mode?
May 04, 2015, 06:15 PM
Thread OP
Once the quad detects low voltage it will automatically enter failsafe mode and go into RTL mode. You can cancel this out by toggling the RTL switch and it will disable it. When the quad goes into RTL mode it will automatically raise to about 65ft before it starts the procedure. Under the "safety warning" section of the manual it states that once the voltage drops below 10.7V RTL will automatically enable.
May 04, 2015, 07:10 PM

Crash Damage

Thank you for your reply on low voltage. My bad. Should have read more.

Now for your opinion on crash damage. I have attached three pictures. Two show the red/green GPS lock and Initialization lock LED connector that came loose during the crash. I plugged it back in, but it does not seem very tight, What could happen during flight if it comes apart?

The other picture shows a circuit board that I found unglued from the double stick tape. I pushed it back down. Again what would happen during flight if it comes loose again.

Thank you for your time in answering these questions.
May 04, 2015, 08:09 PM
Always Fly Two Mistakes High!
SteveB,

Sorry to hear about your crash. I hope it's back up and flying soon.

Can anyone tell (or know what questions to ask) to see what kind of board is in this quad? Is it APM? or ???

Russ

P.S. Sorry just saw RaidenCharlie's post that it IS indeed an APM flight controller.

P.S.S. Is there any way to control a Gimble with the controller?
Last edited by RGS2010; May 05, 2015 at 10:27 AM.

Quick Reply