New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2004, 11:42 PM
Find More Posts by Megatron

How do I make audio CDs with CD-RW?

I used my CD-RW to make an audio CD from a collection of a few mp3s, but it only plays in the CD-RW drive not a regular CD drive...what did I miss? I used a CD-RW disc -was I suppose to use a CD-R? I used XP media player to convert/transfer the mp3 files.

Old Jun 08, 2004, 12:04 AM
Find More Posts by dstout
These go to eleven...
As far as I know you can only read/write CD-RW's from a CD-RW drive. You'll need CD-R's for what you're after.
Old Jun 08, 2004, 12:09 AM
Find More Posts by ElectRick
Eye Drather Beef Lying
What he said. Use CD-R's.

Rick
Old Jun 08, 2004, 12:56 AM
Find More Posts by Spadplanter
I can TOO fly!
CDs have to have WAV files to play in a regular Cd player. They also have to be in the primary directory, meaning first burn. MP3s will NOT play in a regular CD player.

Newer CD players will play CD-RWs.
Old Jun 08, 2004, 07:10 AM
Find More Posts by Andy W
Sounds like your CD player won't play CD-RW's.. you can get CD-R's cheap enough.
Note that some newer CD players will play MP3 directly - so you can get a ton of music on a CD-R..
..a
Old Jun 08, 2004, 09:10 AM
Find More Posts by Haldor
EDF Head
What Andy said, the CD player need to be CD-RW compatible, not all are.
Old Jun 09, 2004, 04:22 AM
Find More Posts by Megatron
Thanks for the input guys...

I'll try burning some CD-R discs this weekend. I just wanted to play some mp3s on my '98 car stereo.