New Product

H9 P-51 Mustang S 8cc BNF Gas Trainer

something new and with what looks like a new Gas engine

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HAN5100

Key Features

Exclusive SAFE® technology delivers flight envelope protection
Panic Recovery mode switch quickly returns the model to level flight
The club-level beginner airplane that looks cool
Easy-to-use Evolution® 8cc gas/petrol engine provides reliable, low-cost operation
Ready to bind with your transmitter with Spektrum™ DSM2®/DSMX® technology
5 × E-flite high-voltage servos offer full 4-channel control
CNC engineered laser-cut, balsa and plywood construction
Realistic 334th Fighter Squadron trim scheme
Genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering provides a brilliant finish
Included Li-Po battery powers both the receiver and ignition (charger included)
Durable, one-piece wing for easy assembly at the flying field
Wide-track main landing gear makes ground handling on rough-fields easy
Clear cockpit provides a scale look and an ideal video camera mount location
Needed To Complete

6-Channel full-range transmitter with Spektrum™ DSM2®/DSMX® technology
Overview

Fly Your Dream Plane Today
The Hangar® 9 P-51 Mustang S 8cc gas powered trainer is the beginner solution for club-pilots who want the fast track to flight success with a really cool plane. Based on the most celebrated fighter airplane ever, the Mustang S has been engineered to deliver a confident learning experience right from the first flight—even if you have never flown before.

The installed Evolution® 8cc gas engine is engineered from the start to be simple to run, easy to start and reliable from the top of the tank to the bottom. It takes the convenience of gas/petrol and combines it with outstanding efficiency. In short, you get the thrill engine performance can deliver plus a 90% savings over the cost of running a comparable glow-fuel powered engine.

Revolutionary SAFE® technology delivers sophisticated flight envelope protection that makes learning to fly more enjoyable than ever. That’s because the Spektrum™ AR636A DSMX® receiver installed combines industry-leading guidance with attitude awareness and exclusive software to deliver bank/pitch limitation assistance, outstanding stability and the comfort of Panic Recovery capability. Pre-programmed flight modes allow you to instantly choose the level of assistance you need plus the option to fly without any assistance at all for when you’re ready to advance. Never before has an engine powered beginner-friendly aircraft been this electronically advanced.

The expertly engineered all-wood structure offers a level of finish and long-life that’s unmatched by any other construction type. All the electronics and accessories have been installed, including the fuel tank so that the final assembly on your part is as minimal as possible. The finish and markings of the Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering convey a sense of realism. But it’s the way this P-51 Mustang S flies that will have you heading to the field every weekend—even after you’ve mastered the basics.

The P-51 Mustang S 8cc BNF gas powered trainer is part of the complete line of top-quality Hangar 9® aircraft and accessories. All are engineered and crafted to exacting standards and feature the finest components and materials. Plus, every Hangar 9 product comes with the after-sale service and technical support you need to succeed.

Engineered with SAFE® Technology
SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology is a revolutionary electronic flight envelope protection system. This intuitive technology enables consistently smooth flight and battles windy conditions in multiple modes with varying levels of assistance plus a virtual safety net.

Beginner Mode

Pitch and roll angle limits combine with electronic self-leveling to help you keep the P-51 Mustang S flying smoothly.

Intermediate Mode

Natural feeling AS3X® system stability with expanded pitch and roll angle limits for a larger flight envelope that protects you from entering extreme flight conditions.

Experienced Mode

Pitch and roll limits are removed while AS3X technology delivers smooth flight and a rock-solid feel.

Panic Recovery Mode

cheers chuck
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Apr 09, 2015 at 09:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2015, 01:24 PM
I really like the look of this as I'd quite like to get a 'gas' plane but have been put of in the past by the amount of building often required. Safe is a bonus too as I havent been flying long enough to be 100% confident in my skills, it's nice to have a safety net!
Apr 21, 2015, 03:15 PM
I'm interested to see how that engine runs since the evolution engines gave me hell In the past. Also gas engine and a gyro??
Apr 23, 2015, 09:36 AM
Question is, Will the wings from the recently discontinued 40 size ARF fit this fuse? If they do then retracts and flaps would be nice and easy. Until they run out of wing sets that is.
Apr 23, 2015, 09:26 PM
Just read the manual on their website, seems pretty misleading calling it BNF when u have to epoxy various bits of it together....!?
Apr 24, 2015, 02:36 PM
I'll be interested in the flight performance....8cc???? Power like a (perhaps) .40????
Apr 28, 2015, 05:57 PM
At High Altitude...
This is just awesome,i have been looking at this one for a while and please tell me if i am seeing this right,does it come with engine prefitted?

So what does this plane need out of the box,i actually wondered why for a long time that Hangar-9 didn't release some planes with all the gear included,that's just so cool.

Any idea of a price,and sorry if i missed this,i hadn't time to read the whole lot yet.

Thanks
Dan

EDIT:
Can anyone give me a rough idea on the price in euros,this plane is amazing,i think i will get one,just Wow!
Apr 28, 2015, 07:34 PM
Yes, the motor comes installed if I read the manual correctly....i think the worst part of this plane is the manual - too many languages!

399.99 USD

=

364.596 EUR
Apr 29, 2015, 05:22 AM
Looking forward to the Horizon Movie and I am sure ChuckTSeeker will do a review as soon as it arrives in Australia. Looks like a great idea.

The Toledo Show - Horizon Hangar 9 P-51 Mustang S 8cc (2 min 57 sec)
Apr 29, 2015, 06:25 AM
At High Altitude...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailskid2 View Post
Yes, the motor comes installed if I read the manual correctly....i think the worst part of this plane is the manual - too many languages!

399.99 USD

=

364.596 EUR

Wow what a price....Horizon are on the right track here with this type of a plane,everything is perfect,good price,balsa airframe and everything almost RTF..... that's just awesome.

Going to buy one for my son and most likely fly it mostly myself
May 09, 2015, 12:23 PM
Sucker for biplanes
You better hurry up and buy one before there discontinued! Seems like they hype the product up, then there sold out for 6 months, then there discontinued...Looks like the running time for arf's is about 2 yrs at Horizon.

I see that they aren't selling the P-51 .40 HAN5053? I've had a H9 40 size P-51 around since I started flying. Good flying planes, just wish they would keep them in production longer for spare parts. This is a good idea for people just getting into the hobby though.
Last edited by DMHIGHFLYER; May 09, 2015 at 12:30 PM.
May 09, 2015, 01:26 PM
Same Day Delivery
Quite easy to figure out, really....If they kept them around any longer, it would cut into new product sales. Discontinue the product and it forces the consumer to purchase new product. It's the Horizion Business Model !
May 09, 2015, 01:33 PM
I believe they buy "X" number of planes and when they sell out - they are done....regardless of the popularity. I'd love to see some larger planes come back but they never will!
May 13, 2015, 11:36 PM
Spoke to a HH rep today about this one. I think that is being marketed as a trainer is a little misleading and it will be intersting to see how the gyros do with Gas.

Undo see this as a step in a new direction; a BNF fuel!!! I work at my LHS, and if I had a nickel for every time someone asked me if a product like this was made, then I'd have a few more planes in the fleet. The rep hinted that website see more this way to come, hopefully some without the SAFE system in their. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Fly safe!!

-Nix
May 14, 2015, 04:39 PM
They're just my toys
Well, if they call this a trainer, the instruction manual's section about starting the engine is pretty vague AND building it requires a hobby knife AND epoxy... Hangar 9's P51 Mustang PTS .40 nitro had a glue less assembly, why ramp up the difficulty of building this if it is aimed for a trainer level?!

Quick Reply