Apr 09, 2015, 11:13 AM
Help!

Calibration Compass EagleTree Vector - New Firmware

Hello People,

Someone would have a video and tips on how to perform recalibration of the compass of the new firmware versions EagleTree Vector? I and many others are having difficulties in performing the procedure. You start the calibration in phase 1 and to reach 100%, restart the 0% ... I have tried in various ways without success .. Does anyone have any tips or video showing the procedure? would be of great value to many friends. Thanks You.

Antonio
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2015, 07:27 PM
Had no problems with calibration. Mine is on a 450 sized quad frame and I just held it on the bottom and tumbled it all over making sure it was inverted also till it said 100%. then held the quad as it said in the manual and rotated it and it worked first try.
Apr 13, 2015, 08:48 PM
Boceifo, lets take a doubt with you .. if possible .. the manual, first need the LED get stuck with the green LED, correct? for my is alternating between red and green .. After that, you just do what movements? for up and down, then turns inside out and does it again or get to do all lateral movements and doing spinning at the first stage ??
Apr 13, 2015, 09:37 PM
I will try to make a video tomorrow of how I did it. But this is how I did it. I used the screen to start the calibration. Then holding the quad from underneath, with the arrow pointing at me, I tumbled the quad in every direction I could including inverter, then with the arrow on the quad still pointing at me, I rotated my body with the quad, 360 degrees until it said complete. Worked on the first try. There is a video of my first flight in 2d hold with loiter. Also the rth works great too.
Apr 14, 2015, 04:43 PM
vector calibration (1 min 6 sec)

Real quick video of how it worked for me. I did not look at the lights, just what was on the screen
Jul 16, 2015, 06:39 PM
SKT
SKT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boceifo
.......Real quick video of how it worked for me. I did not look at the lights, just what was on the screen
Cool mate I did what you did and nailed it first time after me failing about a dozen times. I think the trick was to do a lot of yaw and half rolls inverted like you did towards the end of your cal.

Thx man.
Sep 23, 2018, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boceifo
http://youtu.be/YbqKE7lwimY

Real quick video of how it worked for me. I did not look at the lights, just what was on the screen
I tried this and managed to reach the part wherein it analyses the calibration data, but it starts again from the very beginning where it asks me to tumble the airplane again.

Imagine tumbling a 2kg airplane several times without success. I'm beginning to make this as part of my weight training.
Sep 23, 2018, 04:17 AM
After several tries, and frustrations, I managed to get it calibrated.
Sep 23, 2018, 06:36 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
You don't even need the compass enabled for a fixed wing model - you could have skipped the whole compass calibration as it's not needed for fixed wing.

Quick Reply