Thread Tools
Apr 13, 2015, 11:21 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre
Ok, so I can talk about a few things now.

Keep in mind, I have a pre-production version. I do not have a gimbal. Mine is on the fixed mount. Also, the 3DR guys are working flat out on the release and the NAB show, and don't even have time to answer all my questions.

I can tell you guys, that the video link is very impressive. My Solo (I call him Han) has an HDMI cable which you plug it into the camera. The rest, from Solo to controller, and controller to smartphone or tablet is wireless. The wireless lag is very low. I'd say 1-200ms. I don't know how they did it. You can absolutely fly FPV with it. Loiter is no problem at all, but with a bit of brain adjustment, I'm sure you could even fly full manual in stabilize mode. I'm not an experienced FPVer.

Also, the control link from the sticks is very fast too. I can't detect lag in manual mode.

The copter is also fairly fast and powerful. It's not a rocket ship or 250 racer. But it can move like I've never seen a Phantom move. (maybe this is due to DJI programming, but I wouldn't know about that) It's got more power than an Iris. Also very stable, I've flown it in fairly high winds. No issue at all.

Now, important point, I don't know what the resellers are doing, but you will NOT be getting a Solo tomorrow. Actual shipment is a little ways off yet. I do not think DSLR Pros has them in stock yet.
thanks.
pretty cool that 3dr has been able to "clone" the lightbridge technology. Now other companys has to follow or they are 100% behind!

Once you can please let us know these questions:
- whats the maximum wind resistance capacity thats recommended(and tested i hope)
- What is the maximum speed?
- What is the FPS in the live HD view?
- Does the gps system support GLONASS?
- What is the maximum flight time you got without gimbal and gopro and if they can answer, what is the maximum flight time with gimbal and gopro? (i take without gimbal and gopro is 20 minutes?)
- Can the software livestream footage?
- How much for a extra battery?

Would be awesome to have some more video's as well but that ofcource requires alot more time. im very curious at the app. how it shows telemetry and how easy it is to swithc between photo/video etc.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2015, 11:23 AM
Registered User
i highly doubt the latency is 0-200, that would be better than the DJi lightbridge which is 220ms with a strong tablet. The fact that the smartphone is connected wireless with the controller is also an indicator for more lag normally. A solid connection with USB is always better and faster. The important thing is also the range and how good the gimbal really is.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:24 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoplanar
I have a feeling you'll end up getting a gimbal and no solo somehow
LOL, I cancelled ALL orders!

Once again, in case anyone missed It:

1. I order with DSLPRos.com at $1399
2. Someone "tells" me that B&H is selling it for $999
3. I place an order with B&H
4. I get on the phone with DSLRPros.com to cancel. They said to simply write an email
5. I write the email
6. Some "tells" me that the B&H Solo does not come with a Gimbal!
7. I write an email to DSLRPRos saying to NOT cancel my order
8. I call B&H to cancel my order
9. The guy from B&H has to actually talk to his "Aerial Photography" department to see, if the Solo in fact, does not come with a gimbal (from B&H). While he is doing that, I am like, "Yeah baby! $999 with gimbal!" Well, he came back and said that they are not 100% sure whats going on
10. I cancel my order with B&H
11. Called DSLRPRos and apologized to the guy that was getting all my email, ad told him that I am going to cancel my order with them as well!

Everyone agreed that I have to calm the F down and wait! LOL

Thanks for coming! I hope you had a great time!

G

p.s. OFFICIALLY NOT AN OWNER ANYMORE! HA HA
Apr 13, 2015, 11:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgqueenx
thanks.
pretty cool that 3dr has been able to "clone" the lightbridge technology. Now other companys has to follow or they are 100% behind!
How do you know that it is cloned?! Is 3DR using the same technology?! Maybe, maybe not. Maybe they are paying DJI to use their patent. Who knows?! But to go ahead and call it a "clone", without any information is absurd.

Besides. You know that there were other companies, way before DJI, that offered something like the LB, right?! Thing was, they cost 5K and upwards...

G
Apr 13, 2015, 11:28 AM
NYG
NYG
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa
LOL, I cancelled ALL orders!

Once again, in case anyone missed It:

1. I order with DSLPRos.com at $1399
2. Someone "tells" me that B&H is selling it for $999
3. I place an order with B&H
4. I get on the phone with DSLRPros.com to cancel. They said to simply write an email
5. I write the email
6. Some "tells" me that the B&H Solo does not come with a Gimbal!
7. I write an email to DSLRPRos saying to NOT cancel my order
8. I call B&H to cancel my order
9. The guy from B&H has to actually talk to his "Aerial Photography" department to see, if the Solo in fact, does not come with a gimbal (from B&H). While he is doing that, I am like, "Yeah baby! $999 with gimbal!" Well, he came back and said that they are not 100% sure whats going on
10. I cancel my order with B&H
11. Called DSLRPRos and apologized to the guy that was getting all my email, ad told him that I am going to cancel my order with them as well!

Everyone agreed that I have to calm the F down and wait! LOL

Thanks for coming! I hope you had a great time!

G

p.s. OFFICIALLY NOT AN OWNER ANYMORE! HA HA
Why stop at two? You should order and cancel from a few more retailers
Apr 13, 2015, 11:29 AM
Suspended Account
Loool
Apr 13, 2015, 11:32 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG
Why stop at two? You should order and cancel from a few more retailers
No sh*t, ha ha!
Apr 13, 2015, 11:36 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa
How do you know that it is cloned?! Is 3DR using the same technology?! Maybe, maybe not. Maybe they are paying DJI to use their patent. Who knows?! But to go ahead and call it a "clone", without any information is absurd.

Besides. You know that there were other companies, way before DJI, that offered something like the LB, right?! Thing was, they cost 5K and upwards...

G
Calm down i used the " marks this time.
Clone as in- 2,4ghz digital link that controls and gives telemetry and video.

And i know there were alternatives before.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:41 AM
Registered User
R_Lefebvre's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgqueenx
thanks.
pretty cool that 3dr has been able to "clone" the lightbridge technology. Now other companys has to follow or they are 100% behind!
FFS, can we stop with this "cloning lightbridge" BS? Seriously. Stop it right now.

Just because something offers the same functionality as something that came before, does not make it a clone. Otherwise DJI has cloned waypoint technology. And hopefully they will eventually clone not-flying-away technology.

Wireless video streaming has been around a lot longer than Lightbridge.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:41 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgqueenx
Calm down i used the " marks this time.
Clone as in- 2,4ghz digital link that controls and gives telemetry and video.

And i know there were alternatives before.
Copy that...
Apr 13, 2015, 11:43 AM
Registered User
R_Lefebvre's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgqueenx
Calm down i used the " marks this time.
Clone as in- 2,4ghz digital link that controls and gives telemetry and video.

And i know there were alternatives before.
Ever play Telephone?

You use "" this time, then somebody repeats it without the "", next thing you know the whole world is talking about a lightbridge clone.

Clone is not the right word.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:44 AM
Multirotors are models too!
From the press release
Quote:
Specs:

Flight time: up to 25 min without payload, or up to 20 min with GoPro and Solo Gimbal

Controller battery life of up to 4 hours; built-in rechargeable battery (8 hours with optional extended battery)

Weight: 1500 g; 1800 g with Solo Gimbal and GoPro

Autopilot: Pixhawk 2

Video latency: 180 ms

Wifi range: up to half a mile, depending on environment
I would like to see longer range, but given current regulatory climate, it's not bad. How ever the current NPRM for commercial use includes provisions for greater distance with the use of a spotter(s) and FPV is allowed
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Apr 13, 2015, 11:45 AM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre
Ever play Telephone?

You use "" this time, then somebody repeats it without the "", next thing you know the whole world is talking about a lightbridge clone.

Clone is not the right word.
Competition??
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Apr 13, 2015, 11:46 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre
Ever play Telephone?

You use "" this time, then somebody repeats it without the "", next thing you know the whole world is talking about a lightbridge clone.

Clone is not the right word.
well i have no problems calling DJI cloners of the waypoints.
Should i call it "company's taking over each other technology's?:P

and yeah they better finally fix their fly aways haha.
Apr 13, 2015, 11:55 AM
Registered User
phlight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre
Ever play Telephone?

You use "" this time, then somebody repeats it without the "", next thing you know the whole world is talking about a lightbridge clone.

Clone is not the right word.
LOL

How about "cloning" the idea of 4 motors on some plastic bits that goes "bzzzzzzz" and flies around in the sky?

Is that cloning too?

Shame on these clones. People stealing ideas like using a radio to control things in the sky. Should have left all of that up to the people who invented the idea in the first place.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools