Apr 20, 2015, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro
He didn't ask rudely. It was a legitimate question...

(please don't take offense. I'm NOT trying to start a fight here!!!!)
I am Talking about the bad comment about the VA,,,,,,,fly mine every day ,not underpowered ,motor is good servos still going strong after 2yrs....Did not have to BASH VA to ask simple question..........TROLLLLL
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2015, 04:01 AM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Seems like legit questions to me. The VA and for that matter a lot of the Parkzone planes have a history of bad servos. For some reason Horizon has gotten away with it for years. It must be cheaper to replace servos than to source decent one's. QQ will probably answer, but I specifically asked that question since I've had problem with the PZ servos, he did mention to me that he did some design work on the servos that are included and that servo quality would not be a concern.

DaleCheek, since you said the VA is your first 3D plane you may just not be aware of what some others are capable of. The VA suits my flying style but certainly doesn't have the punch that some pilots want for more aggressive 3D styles.

We'll find out for sure come June

Azarr
Last edited by Azarr; Apr 21, 2015 at 04:07 AM.
Apr 21, 2015, 05:19 AM
At High Altitude...
I will just jump in with my opinion,i think the VA was a top quality plane as i do of all of Horizon stuff,i can't understand how people think the servos were bad.....

You only realise how good they actually are when you buy other brands of similiar size to the VA in and around the same price range,what other plane can you think of for the cost of the VA comes with digital servos and that sort of speed on a foamy that size!?

I don't know,maybe if the plane is been bashed about and crashed / repaired then the servos will for sure go bad.

Just chiming in with my opinion on it lads,not trying to be argumentive or anything..... i personally had a LOT of flights with my VA and i loved those servos,i tried replacing two of them for the finish because they were worn out,but this was after a hell of a lot of flying.... it was expected really.... the ones i used were Spektrum A3030's ...... now those are a great servo but look at the price of them,now they are overpriced LOL....
I'm not sure why people didn't like those servos,maybe they had differnt experiences or just ended up with worse servos than i got.

I hope this paticular plane measures up to all the Hype guys because the VA is going to be hard to match.

Any preproduction models available,i would gladly pay what ever the cost is of the airplane and shipping if you want to send me one and i will do a review and won't be long sharing my opinions on it.

Last edited by flightpunch34; Apr 22, 2015 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Spelling
Apr 21, 2015, 06:30 PM
I am somewhat surprised by the childish response to my opinion of the VA gear. I did not attack anyone for an opinion that differed from mine. I am simply trying to find out if the gear on this one is of equal quality or better quality. I promise I will not bash you for your opinion.
Apr 21, 2015, 08:21 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Looks like a fun bird.
Apr 22, 2015, 08:18 PM
Nice day again at SEFF. Air sure gets nice in the evening!
Apr 23, 2015, 02:10 PM
Great price. I will have to get one as well.
Apr 23, 2015, 08:48 PM
how is it in the wind?
Apr 23, 2015, 10:46 PM
NorCal Prop Buster
I own two VA's, I love them that much. The newest rarely gets out as my original with a AR 610 rx has been bashed and crashed and is still my every outing flyer. I have foamy 3D planes and wood ARF 3D planes but this is still the funniest. My buddies all have VA's too. I'm so looking forward to another great QQ winner. Sign me up.
BTW, have had some servo issues when running AS3X, but none since going regular rx. The only thing I would like would be a little more punch out power.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe
Nice day again at SEFF. Air sure gets nice in the evening!
What is needed to get it in the air besides lipos and radio?

Subscribed
Apr 26, 2015, 10:45 AM
Thread OP
Hi Guys,
Just returned from SEFF last night.
Sorry I have not reply sooner.......
I'll answer later tonight or tomorrow.
Great time at SEFF......
Thanks.

Quique
Apr 26, 2015, 02:52 PM
At High Altitude...
I want to see how 3D capable this airframe is,it would be great to see some snap rolls and tumbles with it,QQ if you could show the planes abilities VIA vid it would be awesome...

I think that would be just what people need to see how far this planes performance can go and what it's capable of for some of the harder 3D guys.

I suppose what i personally want to see is how maxed out the throws can be adjusted....
Apr 27, 2015, 08:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightpunch34
I want to see how 3D capable this airframe is,it would be great to see some snap rolls and tumbles with it,QQ if you could show the planes abilities VIA vid it would be awesome...

I think that would be just what people need to see how far this planes performance can go and what it's capable of for some of the harder 3D guys.

I suppose what i personally want to see is how maxed out the throws can be adjusted....
Time permitted I'll try to do some "phone videos" and post here....
Just for the records.....what people call today "hard 3D" is what in the 80's, 90's was called "hot dogging"....that has nothing to do with 3D...tumbling and snapping in high energy aerobatic it is not 3D!..... just to be clear :-)....

Thanks.
Apr 27, 2015, 08:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny5150
What is needed to get it in the air besides lipos and radio?

Subscribed
You'll need a 2200 3s (preferable 40C or higher) lipo pack. Then if you fly DSM you can use one remote receiver (satellite) or if you fly Futaba you can use S-Bus and same with Graupner. Or any other brand of RX if you using traditional PWM style. You'll need a charger or your pack.
The rest it is all included/built/installed. Assembly time it is about 20 min. Two half wing and two half stab. It goes very easy :-)
Apr 27, 2015, 08:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer
I own two VA's, I love them that much. The newest rarely gets out as my original with a AR 610 rx has been bashed and crashed and is still my every outing flyer. I have foamy 3D planes and wood ARF 3D planes but this is still the funniest. My buddies all have VA's too. I'm so looking forward to another great QQ winner. Sign me up.
BTW, have had some servo issues when running AS3X, but none since going regular rx. The only thing I would like would be a little more punch out power.
Thank you!.....pre-orders are taking here http://www.falconhobbysupply.com/category-s/211696.htm

Agree with you this class of plane it is the funniest!......and the QQ Extra 300 it is truly the next generation!.

We did extensive test with our Potenza DS19 servos. We expect very good results.

We will also offer an optional 4s motor (1020kv) for those guys looking for the extra punch. Prop does not need to be changed. ESC also still same. Just change motor and plug a 2200 4s and you are up and running!.

Quick Reply