Nov 10, 2019, 04:51 PM
Is the v2 in Europe at all or the UK? If not will it be at any time please. Loved the look of this from day 1 but never managed to get one. V1 sounded good v2 sounds even better
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2019, 01:22 PM

Cold weather trim changes

Sandte01:

Yup, I experienced that problem this last fall with my new Extra 300 G2!! I kept on adding down trim as the nights became colder. I did not experience this problem on my Extra 300 G1 and I have flown that for four years now. I used Quick Trim in order to return my xmtr elevator trim to zero.

So, next spring, let's see if I need to add up trim....
Dec 04, 2019, 02:53 PM
Flying every chance I get!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisesix
Sandte01:

Yup, I experienced that problem this last fall with my new Extra 300 G2!! I kept on adding down trim as the nights became colder. I did not experience this problem on my Extra 300 G1 and I have flown that for four years now. I used Quick Trim in order to return my xmtr elevator trim to zero.

So, next spring, let's see if I need to add up trim....
I've had a few planes do this. 2 Flex and one PA. I had to adjust the PA Addiction on Saturday. Luckily I have an Aura in it, so I was able to quick trim it.
Latest blog entry: Christmas Addiction X V2
Dec 05, 2019, 01:05 AM
Yep, definitely a temperature related issue. The last time I flew it was 20F, and the down trim needed had again increased. One of the hard core heli guys in the club thought it was the Aura itself, as he has had other gyros that were sensitive to temperature. Too cold for me to mess with my Flex QQ Yak, to see if it too was exhibiting trim changes that could be Aura related. BTW - the plastic clevises get very brittle in the cold. Snapped the pin in the one for my rudder on landing. So something to fix sometime over the next few dark/cold months....
Dec 10, 2019, 03:15 PM
Hey fellas, joined the club a bought a 300g2. Arrived yesterday. Went right together no problems. Using a lemon satellite. Can you guys tell me the best location to stick the little satellite?
Dec 15, 2019, 01:46 PM

Trim changes with mode changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe
Seems to be a cross/duplicate post.... see answer at other location...
Where is the other location? I have the same issue and would like to see the cure.
Thanks in advance.
Dec 15, 2019, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRaceBannon
Where is the other location? I have the same issue and would like to see the cure.
Thanks in advance.
I believe i had that problem and it was because i made trim changes to the plane and the i didn't save them the the right way in the Aura, so when i changed flight modes i didn't keep the same trim. Search this thread and i think you'll find it.
Dec 23, 2019, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan
Almost flew my Extra today, but I forgot the carbon wing tube. Maybe next time lol
A few years ago, one of my club members tried to take off without the wing tube in a small model. Never got off of the groud.
Dec 23, 2019, 11:09 AM
I just got one of these 300 Flex models. After assembly, it needed 2.6 ounces ballast up front to balance on the cg.

So, I shoe horned a 4S 2500 mah A123 in it, that added a couple of ounces extra total weight. We have 6 of these models in our club, mine has about 15% more Watts up front. I put 5 flights on mine yesterday.

We had 5 of them flying yesterday, all flew quite well. FYI, our club anemometer showed the wind varied from a low of 10 MPH to a MAX of 19 MPH.

Interesting no other models took to the air yesterday, to windy for those 30 cc gassers.
Dec 23, 2019, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollrathd
I just got one of these 300 Flex models. After assembly, it needed 2.6 ounces ballast up front to balance on the cg.

So, I shoe horned a 4S 2500 mah A123 in it, that added a couple of ounces extra total weight. We have 6 of these models in our club, mine has about 15% more Watts up front. I put 5 flights on mine yesterday.

We had 5 of them flying yesterday, all flew quite well. FYI, our club anemometer showed the wind varied from a low of 10 MPH to a MAX of 19 MPH.

Interesting no other models took to the air yesterday, to windy for those 30 cc gassers.
I've flown in up to 30 mph winds, both with the Extra and the gas QQ Yak. The Aura really does make the wind a non-factor!
Dec 23, 2019, 09:27 PM

Question?

I picked up my Flex a few days ago. Does anyone know which ESC mfg is used in this model?

First, minor problem, I have to run off the 4S A123 peak charge voltage before flying the model. Ten seconds at full power does it.

If this is not done before flying, the ESC goes into a low power mode after a few seconds.

Second, a club members Flex ESC got programmed with the motor brake. He'd like to turn the brake off.
Dec 23, 2019, 10:41 PM
Do u have the 3s motor or 4s motor in plane as it is not good to use a 4s batt with a 3s motor. Is the plane the QQ Extra 300?
Dec 24, 2019, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollrathd
I picked up my Flex a few days ago. Does anyone know which ESC mfg is used in this model?

First, minor problem, I have to run off the 4S A123 peak charge voltage before flying the model. Ten seconds at full power does it.

If this is not done before flying, the ESC goes into a low power mode after a few seconds.

Second, a club members Flex ESC got programmed with the motor brake. He'd like to turn the brake off.
Probably still by ZTW. See this prior post for a link...https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5092
Dec 24, 2019, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
Do u have the 3s motor or 4s motor in plane as it is not good to use a 4s batt with a 3s motor. Is the plane the QQ Extra 300?
He's pushing it, but hot off a charge, a 4s LiFe will be at 14.4v vs a LiPo 3s which would be at 12.6 (a 4S would be at 16.8).

I didn't relook at the instructions in the link I provided, to see if the ESC has parameters that will be useable for a 4S LiFe pack....
Dec 26, 2019, 02:15 PM
Well, I just joined the club about 5 minutes ago! I've got some questions.

1. Would you guys recommend swapping out the stock prop?

2. I fly with a JR 9503. What switch will be used for the Aura 8?

3. Not a question but, I'M STOKED! I can't wait for the Extra G2 to get here!

Quick Reply