Jul 20, 2019, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
You are in every thread on RCG's aren't you Dale? lol
LOL Did u follow me to RC Foam flyers also
Last edited by dalecheek1; Jul 20, 2019 at 09:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2019, 08:39 AM
Is that a forum, or a website?
Lately I'd rather fly my 48" foam electrics than the same sized wooden airframe and the bigger
gas planes.
I like to fly in front of me and not all over the sky.
I can't do that with bigger stuff.
Id' rather fly smaller and closer rather than bigger and farther .
Guess I'm slowing down as I get older.
Still havin fun though.
Been at it since 1976

Have fun, take care
Bob
Jul 20, 2019, 12:19 PM
I review RC Products
LOL! Is that the Facebook group Dale?

I hear you Bob! I enjoy having lots of planes to mix it up per my mood.

GB
Jul 20, 2019, 01:21 PM

Config Tool Question ?

I just got a new laptop recently with Win 10.
I installed the Config Tool and it worked as it should.

For whatever reason, now I can't "Save As"
When I do that the program just closes.
I uninstalled and reinstalled it with the same result.
I'm using the stock Windows Defender.
Not sure how to disable that yet if that's the problem.

The only thing different is about a week ago I installed Realflgiht 8 on the laptop.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks
Bob
Jul 20, 2019, 04:41 PM
Is anyone using different props? If so, what's working well?
Jul 23, 2019, 08:39 PM
215.0 MPH
http://wiki.flexinnovations.com/wiki...3g3jtRWjPLNh7I

QQExtra300/G2ServoAddendum
We made improvements to the DS15 Servo used in the Extra G2, but the roll-out of the servo was not properly controlled at the assembly line.
Because of this, a small quantity of Extra's with improved servos were shipped without the matching updates to the Aura Settings.

If your Extra feels like the gains are too high, then install our newest Aura configuration for the QQ Extra 300 G2.

Connect your Extra's Aura to the Aura Config Tool. Read the settings from Aura and File->Save them to a folder on your PC for backup.
Right-Click and Save As the new Aura Config File to a folder on your PC.
File-->Open the new Aura Config File you just downloaded in the Aura Config Tool.
On the Settings Tab, set your Transmitter Type and Receiver Connection fields.
With the Aura still Connected Write All to Aura.

NOTE: If you have manually set Aura Subtrims, or have previously done a QUICK TRIM, You can Open your back-up of your old settings and go through the Servo Ports (S1-S8) and make a NOTE of the Subtrim value in each port. You can then Read your new settings from Aura and enter these values in the Servo Ports->Subtrim and Write them to Aura. (Make sure you set View->Advanced View)

NOTE: If replacing servos with newly ordered (DS15 V2) ones after early July 2019, you will need to load the new configuration file.

Right-Click to Save As the new Extra Aura Config File

Update attached, rename .pdf to .acf and install on your A8!
Jul 24, 2019, 07:04 PM

Shipment one or shipment two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt
http://wiki.flexinnovations.com/wiki...3g3jtRWjPLNh7I

QQExtra300/G2ServoAddendum
We made improvements to the DS15 Servo used in the Extra G2, but the roll-out of the servo was not properly controlled at the assembly line.
Because of this, a small quantity of Extra's with improved servos were shipped without the matching updates to the Aura Settings...
Were the small quanity of Extra's shipped without the matching updates to the Aura Settings in shipment one (Available around January 2019) or in shipment two (Available around June 2019) or in both shipments?
Jul 25, 2019, 06:47 AM
I loaded the new Aura file last week after Rocky sent me it. FINALLY going to get the opportunity to try it out tonight and hopeful the shakes will be gone.
Jul 25, 2019, 07:20 AM
I loaded it last night and put 5 flights on it. It did get rid of the oscillations at high speed but it did not fly quite the same, not as locked in when doing quick turns and harriers. I switched it back and dialed down the aileron gains slightly but not as much at the new firmware.
Jul 25, 2019, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzent
I loaded it last night and put 5 flights on it. It did get rid of the oscillations at high speed but it did not fly quite the same, not as locked in when doing quick turns and harriers. I switched it back and dialed down the aileron gains slightly but not as much at the new firmware.

Can you tell me what the numbers for the gains in the update? I think I have the same issue. Thanks.
Jul 25, 2019, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundryratjim
Can you tell me what the numbers for the gains in the update? I think I have the same issue. Thanks.
Just download the file and open it. You can compare them all it's hard to write them all.
Jul 25, 2019, 12:33 PM
Quote:
I also installed the new program in mine and I am a little disappointed with the results. It took out the oscillations but it does not fly the same. Even doing a hard loop the plane will snap out of it. I am going back to the original program and setting up master gains. By the way, that is the only thing changed since the new program was installed. So that's my story and i'm stickin to it.
Jul 25, 2019, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Just download the file and open it. You can compare them all it's hard to write them all.
I tried that and it did not download right. That is why i asked.
Jul 26, 2019, 06:24 AM
Put 5 packs through my Extra last night with the new settings. Definitely no longer had the wing rock, but I can't speak to any ill handling traits as I didn't have enough time on the plane prior to the new file being loaded to say if things were better or worse from an overall flying perspective. Well, that and the fact that I'm no airplane flying expert.
Jul 26, 2019, 09:48 AM
215.0 MPH
Big change from the old to the new, (almost so the gyro not doing much anymore). I am thinking somewhere in between will be close to right.
Last edited by markusvt; Jul 26, 2019 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply