Apr 07, 2015, 09:52 AM
Stepan
Discussion

developing 3dprinted planes

if anybody cares, here is link: www.facebook.com/3dlabprintface ,for now it's only beginning, but it will develops, I hope
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2015, 03:26 AM
Stepan
Hi all, here are some photos of printed Spitfire... wing span of about 98 cm, filament PLA Mladeč - silver, the strongest fillament that we have tried yet..., as it goes on I will send next progres...
Last edited by stepacz; Apr 14, 2015 at 07:23 AM.
Apr 15, 2015, 11:11 AM
Plowin Dirt
Interesting..
Looking fwd. to seeing/hearing more.

Dan
Apr 21, 2015, 06:26 AM
Stepan
Hi Everybody, let's see how it goes - flying test video with some information
Fully printable SpitfireMkXVI ver1.1- flying test (1 min 40 sec)
Apr 22, 2015, 10:29 PM
Crashing in style.
Really cool Stepacz! I was certain you'd break a wing with those tight turns. Looks really strong though. You should do a build video, time-lapse style.
Aug 04, 2015, 03:46 PM
Stepan
Hi everybody, after a long time of testing we have first 3dprint files ready for you. I attached PDF/VIDEO user guide so you can see some details and so on (there is also some links...)
Aug 04, 2015, 03:49 PM
Stepan
or do you like it pink :-)
3D printed pink RC Spitfire Mk XVI (2 min 14 sec)
Aug 05, 2015, 08:22 AM
Really well done. Congrats on a very polished model and instructions.

I see you are gluing PLA with CA, Ive not had much luck with that. Is it because you are using activator?
Aug 05, 2015, 12:27 PM
Stepan
Yes, with activator it sticks very well, I was surprised how well it holds together...
Aug 06, 2015, 03:16 PM
Alchemist
Printed the nose section of the fuselage last night. I have some very minor issues with my printer setting and some internal stringing BUT ---

WOW is this a quality file set. I left for work with the next fuselage section printing.

If this flies like it looks this will be assume.

Really looking forward to the Mustang that is coming and the Thunderbolt that is planned. A Bf-109 or FW190 would also be awesome.

nitewatchman
Aug 08, 2015, 09:08 PM
No time to fly
Any details on the design process? I am printing one right now and I am amazed with the amount of work that must have gone into the interior structure.
Aug 08, 2015, 11:25 PM
I'm wondering about using the wood filament and printing/ building an old stick model..
Aug 10, 2015, 09:58 AM
Stepan
Hi, yes I plan to make a video that would describe this develop phase.
Yes wood filament yeah it would be great, but little tricky to print it, we will see.
I made new VIDEOGUIDE, I highly recommend it to everyone (mainly who print our spitfire) there is some very usefull or maybe mandatory information for best result.

3D printed RC Spitfire Mk XVI videoguide12 (4 min 49 sec)
Aug 11, 2015, 11:12 PM
stepacz, beautiful work! Thats all I can say about this print. Its friggin gorgeous!!!
Aug 11, 2015, 11:36 PM
I printed a test section of a wing the other day just to see what the weights and thickness of skins would have to be. This one was way off and ugly, but you gotta start somewhere. I like how you have integrated all the structure within the wing stepacz it looks awesome, one hell of a CAD drawing man! Would love to see more!