May 11, 2015, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert b
no one - i would guess.
with oneshot you could rise the outpout rate.
True but your ESCs have to be able to answer what oneshot is "asking" !
Maybe the problem of kiss 18 burning are related to switching frequencies being set way too high ... you can't just do whatever you want, there is an electronic physic limits at what our poorly advanced ESCs can do in RC
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2015, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
Lower loop times = faster performance so it's an inverse relationship.
keep the mechanical attributes of your motors in mind.
above the 500hz you will meet them.

but where does the performance go!?!
which parts do benefitt?
May 11, 2015, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydynamics
Maybe the problem of kiss 18 burning are related to switching frequencies being set way too high ... you can't just do whatever you want, there is an electronic physic limits at what our poorly advanced ESCs can do in RC
full ack.
May 11, 2015, 02:09 PM
Quote:
i don't like interpolated pixels. do you like interpolated rol & pitch?
but size matters ;-)
Honestly your posts make little to no sense. Now we are interpolating pixels? There must be a language barrier? I just don't get your analogy? My general thinking before was if you have 1 pixel you don't get much image. Add a bunch of pixels together and you start to see something. So more is better. For me at least. I like seeing things. On the other hand every oneshot, cleanflight, tuning thread, mini video the pilots are all bragging about dropping loop time and the improvements it has made. Then this controller comes along and Massive explicitly stated it will allow lowered loop times. Your anolagy still seems backward to me?

On another note about the controller.........

Does this loose anything from the normal boards? We still have everything as before just more compatibility and speed? We dont loose anything right? Not a give and take situation? I really like the idea and want to try one but am having a hard time convincing myself to spend that much on a FCB. Trying to find a way to justify I must have it
May 11, 2015, 02:22 PM
Focus-Fixers for DJI Goggles
I would assume that dropping the loop time will see benefits to stability as long as the motor's ability to change speeds is able to keep up. If the motor can only respond to changes at a frequency driven by a specific loop time and no faster then it really doesn't make sense to drop the loop time further. What this minimum loop time is likely very conditional on motor, prop, voltage, rpm, etc..
May 11, 2015, 02:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydynamics
Quote:
keep the mechanical attributes of your motors in mind.
above the 500hz you will meet them.

but where does the performance go!?!
which parts do benefitt?
I'm sure there's a point of diminishing returns and you make valid points. I think we'll find out soon enough what that limit is. It will just push motor and prop manufacturers to push their tech further for lighter components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyslikearock
Honestly your posts make little to no sense. Now we are interpolating pixels? There must be a language barrier? I just don't get your analogy? My general thinking before was if you have 1 pixel you don't get much image. Add a bunch of pixels together and you start to see something. So more is better. For me at least. I like seeing things. On the other hand every oneshot, cleanflight, tuning thread, mini video the pilots are all bragging about dropping loop time and the improvements it has made. Then this controller comes along and Massive explicitly stated it will allow lowered loop times. Your anolagy still seems backward to me?

Does this loose anything from the normal boards? We still have everything as before just more compatibility and speed? We dont loose anything right? Not a give and take situation? I really like the idea and want to try one but am having a hard time convincing myself to spend that much on a FCB. Trying to find a way to justify I must have it
The only thing I can think of is integration with current custom PDBs whose pinouts are made for the Naze or Flip32 layout. There's already custom PDBs in the works for our new board.
May 11, 2015, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyslikearock

on cameras the size of the die matters.
normally on these high or ultra high megapixels the internal sw does interpolate the pixels - and in the end this means more pixels as effectly are available.
but if you trust therese marketeers.

it is a 08-15 type board.
with a little bit it could be better.
and i assume it flies.
a lot also depends on he production skills to put these mems devices on the board.
May 11, 2015, 02:49 PM
Quote:
I think we'll find out soon enough what that limit is. It will just push motor and prop manufacturers to push their tech further for lighter components. .
I think it will go this way hopefully, it would ne nice
May 11, 2015, 07:00 PM
Did I miss an estimated time to ship?
May 11, 2015, 07:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantasmicGirl
Did I miss an estimated time to ship?
End of June
May 12, 2015, 01:42 AM
Team WarpSquad
WHY mpu6050 instead of MPU6500 (I2C instead of SPI)? You have the freakin' code already (accgyro_spi_mpu6500.h/.c) and min looptime would be even lower, better, faster, less noise...

Can I connect SBUS without the inverter or do I have to desolder it? My RX doesn't have an inverter itself so I need uninverted signal.
May 12, 2015, 02:16 AM
A bit pricey if you compare it the the newly released sparky 2.0 if you ask me.. http://www.hobbiesfly.com/taulabs-sparky2-0.html
SPI, F4 and even a RFM22b that can be used as a reciever..

Also, will it be open source?
May 12, 2015, 06:01 AM
Quote:
The faster MCU allows for lower loop times = faster response. Dominic was able to lower the looptime on one of his rigs from 1600 down to 400 with the new board.
Note quite correct.

Minimum looptimes went down from ~1250 on a Naze32 to around ~600 on the SPRacingF3. This is an indication of how much faster the new F3's new CPU core is compared to the old F1 core - even though they both run at 72Mhz! The F3 gets more stuff done on less time.
May 12, 2015, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentil
How much space is there on board for the black box logs?
64MBit / 8MB - 4x that of a Naze32. On a Naze32 it meant you could only record about 3 minutes at a good rate. With the SPRacingF3 you can record a whole battery's worth of logs at a good rate.
May 12, 2015, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razifzima
Please bring it to Asia Region
Another pre-order re-seller is in the works for non US/UK/EU regions. Stay tuned.

Quick Reply