Nov 24, 2018, 10:17 AM
Sokol
how about some full scale entertainment ... ?

Extremely Powerful F-22 Raptor Shows Its Crazy Ability (11 min 7 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2018, 03:16 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Thread OP
Man thats something else

Lockey
Jun 22, 2019, 11:49 PM
Thread OP
Hi guys, as many of you will know, I have been playing with a couple of 3D printed/foam hybrid models and as I was never really happy with the shape of the nose on my F22, I decided to play with the idea of making a nose from plastic (3D printed)

Here is the prototype and when I can get round to making the rest in foam (I think pusher) I will put it to the test

Lockey
Jun 23, 2019, 09:53 AM
Beautiful Lockey!
Your original raptor looked very good but now will be look impressive.
Do you know what is the weight penalty for the new nose? Do you know how much it affects the position of the battery?
Jun 23, 2019, 10:52 AM
When cows fly!
That is sharp looking Lockey!
Jun 23, 2019, 07:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajazo
Beautiful Lockey!
Your original raptor looked very good but now will be look impressive.
Do you know what is the weight penalty for the new nose? Do you know how much it affects the position of the battery?
That is a good question raj, it weighs 240 gram (printed with a single wall at 0.6 wall thickness) I can only imagine the foam nose would have been a few grams so this could be the killer

Thanks David

Lockey
Jun 24, 2019, 01:00 PM

F-22 Raptor (EDF or pusher) with build video

Just could be my impression after looking again at the photos, but you put internal perimeter in the cockpit and false bottom, this increase the perimeter a lot.
I know is a vase mode limitation use a close perimeter volume but you can keep it in vase mode just closing the volume at the canopy plane, after printing the nose cut the hole wit a x-acto or dremel.
Maybe it result in some weight reduction
Last edited by rajazo; Jun 24, 2019 at 01:21 PM.
Jun 24, 2019, 07:40 PM
Thread OP
You are right of course raj but I could also loose some weight by printing at normal 0.4 wall thickness .. I have also printed slots for CF tubes at either side .. these slot to the sides and strengthen the sides and also attach themselves to the floor to strengthen the floor .. maybe a little over engineered eh LOL

You can probably see what I mean in the yellow ones which are a similar design for the Taube

Lockey

Quick Reply