Apr 10, 2015, 02:24 PM
What is on the bottom of this piece? Is it just tape? I haven't had time to watch the videos, so maybe you tell in one of them.
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...mage%20127.jpg
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2015, 07:04 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81
What is on the bottom of this piece? Is it just tape? I haven't had time to watch the videos, so maybe you tell in one of them.
https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...mage%20127.jpg
Yes mate its just packaging tape (on the outside) to stop the Depron from cracking when rolled (I will be removing it later) its on Video 11

Thanks Jeff, look forward to seeing your build when you do one of the Ez-jets

I do hope that I am able to pass on a few tips that I have learned over the last couple of years ...

I will hopefully finish build and the videos of the build, I don't see myself doing any more in a hurry though as its very time consuming ... it takes a bit of thinking about before starting each segment and then the editing takes quite a lot of time too, even though its only very basic

A Cecil B. Demille or Steven Spielberg I will never be

Trouble is, it takes quite a long time to build a model like this and to do a detailed build video log it probably gets very boring to watch ... but what bits do you leave out to make it shorter ?? as I said before, its the first time I have ever done anything like this and didn't realize (or think about) how long the video/s would end up being

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Apr 10, 2015 at 07:45 PM.
Apr 11, 2015, 07:19 AM
Thread OP
Part 12 added

Also added part 13 and 14

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Apr 11, 2015 at 09:28 PM.
Apr 11, 2015, 10:26 PM
Thread OP
A few more pics of the build

Parts 15 - 16 and 17 now added ... I bet you are all totally bored by now ... not to worry, we are getting near the end of the build

Airframe so far 385 grams (13.6 ounces)

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Apr 12, 2015 at 07:19 AM.
Apr 12, 2015, 09:10 AM
When cows fly!
Lockey,
I really enjoy the videos. And the F-22 is one of my favorite planes. I have to finish my Sky Ray and rebuild a prop and slot F-22. Once that is completed, I will start on this one. Thanks for the inspiration!

David
Apr 12, 2015, 06:37 PM
skumgummi dave
Lockey:

Always fun to watch a master at work! Well done.

Dave-
Apr 12, 2015, 07:40 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys, I hope someone else builds this one from the videos

It is a lot of extra work to make the videos and the trouble is, you can't go back for a re-take when something goes wrong, I have enjoyed doing the videos

I don't think I will be doing another build video thats quite as complicated and time consuming as the F-22 is but I might do the Ez-Jet Skyray as this one is a very quick and easy build

Lockey
Apr 12, 2015, 09:18 PM
circle flyer
I think a Skyray video is a great idea Lockey. When there are a few more Skyrays built and flown, I can see your version being very popular with the scratchbuilders.
Apr 13, 2015, 06:31 AM
Thread OP
With the feedback i have had from you guys on the MK 3, I have decided to re-vamp it a little and hopefully make it nicer to build

So now we will have MK 4

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Apr 13, 2015 at 08:36 AM.
Apr 13, 2015, 07:30 AM
Thread OP
Managed to do a bit more of the build today, here are a few pics, will post videos as and when I get time to edit them

Lockey
Apr 13, 2015, 08:37 AM
Thread OP
Part 18 added

Lockey
Apr 13, 2015, 10:09 AM
Now that is a great build log.
Love it.
Put it on my List
Apr 14, 2015, 06:52 AM
Thread OP
Thanks SG

Parts 19 and 20 now added ... almost there

Lockey
Apr 14, 2015, 02:17 PM
It looks like the thrust Tube would be visible? How much does it stick out of the fuselage?
Apr 14, 2015, 05:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianG.
It looks like the thrust Tube would be visible? How much does it stick out of the fuselage?
It depends if you intend to ever use it as a pusher ... if only EDF then the thrust tube can be cut right back level with the back former (about 50 mm)

Lockey

Quick Reply