This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 06, 2015, 12:17 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Ah, Easter.

Today was just one of those days which felt good. I got some stick time this morning with some recent review subjects, namely the HobbyKing DC-3, FMS/Diamond Hobby P-40 and the Nitroplanes Dynam Bf-109.

I think I have the tail wheel situation nearly dialed out on the DC-3. Still a bit wobbly, but taking off with flaps lowered allowed it to track much better. However, the flap switch is in a terrible position above the throttle stick. Trying to raise the flaps nearly caused a crash since I was having to really grope for the switch without taking my hands off of the stick at the same time.

I'll be mixing the flaps and the retracts on the radio before I take it up again.

That P-40 is one screaming fast bit of foam. The batteries are now somewhat seasoned and the punch is just incredible. Chalk up a winner to DIamond Hobby and Predator batteries!

Maybe I'm just spoiled after blasting the P-40 at nearly 100 MPH, but the Bf-109 feels, well, slow. That's with a Master Aircsrew prop on an otherwise stock bird. It flies beautifully and with no bad habits whatsoever. So, the perceived lack of speed isn't a problem. I just have to remember not to fly it after low passes o'er yonder runway at triple-digit speeds with the P-40.

Just got through watching "The Ten Commandments," something of an Easter tradition for my wife and I. Cecil B. DeMille was a genius.

Happy Easter, all. Christmas may get the hype, but this is the holiday which matters most. Back to work tomorrow!
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Apr 06, 2015 at 12:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply