Flyin my new Gambler + (Pics) - RC Groups
Jun 06, 2004, 08:33 PM
Fiberglass dont bounce???

Flyin my new Gambler + (Pics)

The wind was still about 10-13mph but I couldnt wait any longer. I will have to wait for a low/no wind day to dial it in, but it flew pretty good. My wife took the cam with and got some good pics (her first time taking pics of a plane in flight) She did good for the first time ...R...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2004, 08:36 PM
A few more ...R... p.s. the return to hand button was working well today
Jun 06, 2004, 11:52 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Nice photos! Looks like you got some launches working pretty well - that one photo looks WAY up there! I can't wait until you get a nice thermal day to really wring it out and dial it in. I like catching the pod as it's coming towards you, but in a pinch I'll grab it by the wing peg if I have to!
Jun 18, 2004, 08:34 PM
Wow, can't believe I missed this thread! Nice job Randy, I like the colour scheme.
Mine is nearly done, just got to finish some sanding, cover and put the radio gear in.
I'm going to put blue on the outer panels and control surfaces and yellow on the center panel and tail feathers.
Jun 18, 2004, 08:46 PM
Thermite, Please post some pics when you get done. Your gonna like your G+, it flys so good that I just ordered a XP-4 (it got me that hooked!!) ...R...
Jun 18, 2004, 09:09 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Denny and Oleg should give me a comission on each new DLG customer I send their way!

Thanks for the nice words Randy. I'd love to see any photos you get in the future. Even after you get your XP4 flying, you'll like having the Gambler to stick in the trunk of you car for 'just in case' flying sessions!
Jun 18, 2004, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Wright
you'll like having the Gambler to stick in the trunk of you car for 'just in case' flying sessions!

Allan, I said I like my Gambler +, I would NEVER make my G+ ride in the trunk!!! The Gambler sits in the front seat, my wife gets the trunk Nahhh, The wife taks good pics and buys me planes (shes a sweetie ) so I guess she can ride in the front seat (holding the Gambler + ) ...R... p.s. Denny and Oleg should at least have a "Allan sent me sale"
Jun 18, 2004, 09:32 PM
Your wife did an excellent job of taking the photos!
Jun 18, 2004, 11:30 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Oleg and Denny have treated me just fine recently (Polecat Challenge Raffle) so no complaints here for some time.

I just like to 'spread the love' when it comes to HLG/DLG

Talk of discounts was just for laughs.

Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyK1
p.s. Denny and Oleg should at least have a "Allan sent me sale"
Jun 19, 2004, 03:59 PM
I was just curious about how far in from the wingtip you guys have the peg installed, I'm finding it difficult to judge where I should have the peg, I don't want to put it too far in as I dont want to restrict how the peg can pivot on my fingers. My middle finger is 3 3/8" long )
Jun 19, 2004, 04:16 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
I put my peg 1" in from the wingtip. That seems to be a good balance between catching enough 'meat' of the spar to support the pin, and not so far in as to pinch the web of your fingers when you throw.

You can test the location by sticking a couple of pins in the spar where you think you want the peg and see how it feels.

I install my peg AFTER covering the wing, but you can do it either way.
Jun 19, 2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks Allan, I was going to do it after I cover as well. is that 1" in from the tip, measured in-line with the spar?
Jun 19, 2004, 08:02 PM
MKH
MKH
After a few years away from hlg's, I want to get into dlg's, but I don't want to use a gyro or rudder presets if I don't have to. Does the G+ really launch straight with no presets? I read somewhere that it does, but can't remember where. Thanks for any tips.
Marcus
Jun 19, 2004, 08:24 PM
The movies on Allans site speak for themselves! http://www.wrightbrothersrc.com/gallery/gamblerplus.htm
Jun 19, 2004, 09:07 PM
Magicsmoke maker
Allan/everyone-else. Do you find there's a major difference in launch height with a peg installed?

Right now I'm throwing without a peg (just gripping onto the spar) - you can see at;

http://www.pldaniels.com/flying/discus-launch-02.avi

You may all laugh. I have since modified my launch style such that it's a far more casual step-turn-release, rather than this spasmotic system you can see.

Paul.