Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post has FAQ - Page 5 - RC Groups
Apr 07, 2015, 05:42 PM
The Ground is the Limit
The original poster has about 4 spots reserved.

All this hype for just one new product? We can only be fooled so many times.

I would be disappointed tomorrow if there is no less than 2 announcements. (Thinking there will be four )

One of them better be HOBBYIST focussed and SPORTY.
This is the Summer for racing!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2015, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTFJR
Looks like two different versions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLJ_gshAPLQ
Interesting. Gimabl and camera setup compatible with all three? Will the Vision + camera switch between the three?
Apr 07, 2015, 06:19 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Photo
Maybe this will be the release of the final software for the Inspire 1...

Compass Error detection fix
Point of Interest (POI) function
Waypoints

Yes the Inspire is a great aircraft, but in the future I think competition will require releasing products that are more feature rich and functional.
Pretty standard practice for DJI unfortunately, releasing new products while the previous are still unfinished. I thought maybe they would learn with the Inspire but seems not.
Apr 07, 2015, 06:22 PM
I think it will be disappointing if the same phantoms shell is still used.

While yes I agree its been a great product, I think the time has come that it needs a face lift and some extra features that make it better.

but we will just have to wait and see

DJI is like the hunger games.... let the games begin
Apr 07, 2015, 07:24 PM
I am hoping it's a new Phantom 3 with a bit different design, I agree it's time for a facelift. Hopefully a 4k cam and lightbridge built in.
Apr 07, 2015, 07:42 PM
The Ground is the Limit
I really like the Phantom shell and believe its in the iconic status with industrial things and design. I hop they just improve the materials, evolve the look, and let the wind tunnel shape its subtleties. Maybe some quick disconnect landing gear and landing shock absorption.
Apr 07, 2015, 07:46 PM
DJI Inspire X5R
If they put a 4k camera and light bridge into the phantom 3 then what is the point of buying a inspire 1?
Apr 07, 2015, 07:47 PM

This is a copy of the email I just received from UAVDIRECT.

Hi UAV'ers!

NEW DJI PHANTOM 3 DETAILS LEAKED

The past 24 hours have been really exciting! A pretty sizable amount of confirmed information has landed surrounding the imminent launch of the DJI Phantom 3 Series aircraft. Here's what we know:

Expect the aircraft to be an "evolution" of the Phantom 2 Vision+. Early teasers have been hinting at this quite well, but we now know that the Phantom 3 will be both exciting and new, as well as a progression of the iconic Phantom that we know and love. DJI's new Phantom 3 will visually appear similar to that of the Vision+ but under the hood is where things get really interesting.

The Optical-Flow and Ultrasonic Sensor System found on the recently released Inspire 1 has officially nestled itself onto all Phantom 3 Series models. That's right... model-s!

The Phantom 3 is truly a series of aircraft with at least two distinct models to choose from; the lower-end being a 1080p system with built-in Lightbridge, and a 4K variety including the same. All models will be inclusive of a DJI integrated camera/gimbal much like (but larger than) the Vision +. There is perhaps a third aircraft in the category, but details are sparse.

What we do know is that the Inspire 1's Lightbridge-integrated, GPS-powered radio transmitter has come to the Phantom 3 Series, and you'll be flying through that same awesome DJI Pilot App that powers the Inspire 1's amazing controllability.

In order to facilitate these new upgrades, the NAZA controller has likely been upgraded, and higher-capacity batteries are probably on the way as well. We hope that the aircraft will still allow the use of our Phantom 2 batteries, but that remains to be seen tomorrow.

Expect a mid-May delivery date with prices ranging between $1,200 and $2,000.
Apr 07, 2015, 07:50 PM

Post No Titles Here!

This is my first peek at this thread (I feel kinda' dirty for deserting the I1 thread).

So, based on the preceding speculations on tomorrows big anouncement, the news will NOT impact the first generation of the I1s and the brave men who fly 'em. Yes? No?

And this will be the tread that Mr. Tee predicts will explode. Now, how's that for a prediction.

Ray "I may just sleep in tomorrow" Jay
Apr 07, 2015, 07:54 PM
The Ground is the Limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanondemand
If they put a 4k camera and light bridge into the phantom 3 then what is the point of buying a inspire 1?

The inspire one probably has better GPS chipset, higher grade IMU, and better engineering for interference.
The Inspire ONE transforms! Maybe future inspire with E1200 motors is ideal.
Apr 07, 2015, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom604
The inspire one probably has better GPS chipset, higher grade IMU, and better engineering for interference.
Agreed. The Inspire one will have more power, better stability etc and also the 360 degree view. The phantom will still have the legs. The inspire has the built in aerials in the feet so great receoption of signal, probably equaling more range than a phantom 3. The price point of $1299 US will still give it the level difference from an Inspire 1.

Interestingly though it is a good improvement to a sub 2KG quad which will fit with new regulations for commercial operations in some Countries. Therefore you can have good quality (and indoor flight) with the sub 2KG and then the Inspire for bigger stuff, better quality at 3KG and then the big end of town for DSLR filming.
Apr 07, 2015, 08:04 PM
DJI Inspire X5R
I'm just hoping that they offer a P3 that flys the go pro hero 4.
Apr 07, 2015, 08:05 PM
Riverbend Aerials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom604
Never really heard of a Phantom losing GPS in mid flight, but seems to happen with the A2 & Inspire all the time!

Cheers for the Phantom 3 & hope it's an upgraded Naza 2 also

Cheers, Jon
Apr 07, 2015, 08:06 PM
Riverbend Aerials
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanondemand
I'm just hoping that they offer a P3 that flys the go pro hero 4.
+1 .... I have 2 Hero 4s

Cheers, Jon
Apr 07, 2015, 08:12 PM
Drone Camps RC
Recent news video

DJI Phantom 3 - Hype Machine & Other Drone News (7 min 40 sec)