Jul 21, 2021, 11:58 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
You probably already know that once auto-land is initiated by FC - that only way to cancel is by the error removed AND User cancelling the landing.
Without BOTH - Auto Land will complete.

As to each part you ask ..... I cannot answer.
Latest blog entry: Creality Dual Z kit
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2021, 11:59 AM
Dragged out the P3P for a quickie while excavator is working to deepen my private boat channel :

Time to dredge my home canal (2 min 51 sec)

Ep 02 to follow ...
Jul 22, 2021, 09:45 AM
Episode 2

Time to dredge home canal Ep 02 (4 min 52 sec)
Jul 22, 2021, 09:45 AM
Episode 3

Home canal deepening - final episode (Eric Matyas Free Music) (3 min 15 sec)
Jul 22, 2021, 03:26 PM
your idea of the canal is brilliant !! hopefully you have nice time and adventures there , rc guys are never straight .... your surrounding water is very nice place for rc boats
Jul 23, 2021, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2019
your idea of the canal is brilliant !! hopefully you have nice time and adventures there , rc guys are never straight .... your surrounding water is very nice place for rc boats
Basically over the years I've been here - it was about 9 yrs ago - same guy did similar job cleaning it up.

The canal was dug by previous owner .... the real problem now though is that first 4 - 5m to get into the channel ... needs a machine on a barge or float to get at it.
I am in discussion with people to put together a floating excavator system ... we reckon we could have permanent work with it.

I have RC boats ... sail and motor. Until recently it was a 'yellow' zone for RC planes ... so I could fly waterplanes on the river ...... but now the Red Zone extends across the river and into the land on other side. Technically I was illegal doing the above 3 videos ....
Aug 04, 2021, 09:42 PM
Your flowers are pretty!

Have you had any luck finding someone to do the file dig?

What make and model is the largest sailboat in your video? I've got a Catalina 25.
Aug 05, 2021, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissortail View Post
Your flowers are pretty!

Have you had any luck finding someone to do the file dig?

What make and model is the largest sailboat in your video? I've got a Catalina 25.
File dig ? Sorry I think you are asking about the river entrance to the channel ? That is still to sort but I have been running my main boat in and out a lot and its creating a channel.
I also have a square metal grate with 3m of heavy chain combo - that I have been dragging behind the motor boat through there.

At present I am discussing with my Accounts - whether I can create a new line of biz - with a floating excavator to do this work and for many others on the river with similar problem. Attached is an Excavator suitable for floating installation ...

The boat ? Its a Sunrider 25. Built about 1973 - 5 .... based on a Harbour workboat hull from Poole in UK. Searider Yachts took the basic hull and created 3 versions ... Searider 24, Searider 25 and Sunrider 25. It could be had in Bilge Keel as I have (1m draft) or Fin Keel at 1.8m draft. Actual weight in use ia bout the 3.9 - 4.0 ton mark .. it has a 43 HP Perkins 4cyl diesel in and can make 9lts under power ... its basically a motor-sailer so will never win any races ! Full headroom main and fwd cabin. Sleeps 5 - but you will know a 25ft'r is really max 3 people.

Attached is the Bristows data sheet ..

I will be making another video showing latest work .. as a slipway has now been laid and we just have to bed in the blocks ... next will be better 'catwalk' access to the pontoon.
Aug 05, 2021, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
File dig ? Sorry I think you are asking about the river entrance to the channel ? That is still to sort but I have been running my main boat in and out a lot and its creating a channel.
I also have a square metal grate with 3m of heavy chain combo - that I have been dragging behind the motor boat through there.

At present I am discussing with my Accounts - whether I can create a new line of biz - with a floating excavator to do this work and for many others on the river with similar problem. Attached is an Excavator suitable for floating installation ...

The boat ? Its a Sunrider 25. Built about 1973 - 5 .... based on a Harbour workboat hull from Poole in UK. Searider Yachts took the basic hull and created 3 versions ... Searider 24, Searider 25 and Sunrider 25. It could be had in Bilge Keel as I have (1m draft) or Fin Keel at 1.8m draft. Actual weight in use ia bout the 3.9 - 4.0 ton mark .. it has a 43 HP Perkins 4cyl diesel in and can make 9lts under power ... its basically a motor-sailer so will never win any races ! Full headroom main and fwd cabin. Sleeps 5 - but you will know a 25ft'r is really max 3 people.

Attached is the Bristows data sheet ..

I will be making another video showing latest work .. as a slipway has now been laid and we just have to bed in the blocks ... next will be better 'catwalk' access to the pontoon.
Sorry about that. I need a new keyboard and should start proofing my posts. Yes I was asking if you'd found anyone to do the final dig to open up the river entrance.

Sounds like your making do getting in and out with the boats and making progress on getting the slipway completed. Post some videos if you get a chance as you make progress.
Aug 05, 2021, 11:10 AM
I've watched these floating excavators create canals in no time.

Waterking - Caterpillar amphibious excavator (0 min 23 sec)
Aug 05, 2021, 12:51 PM
The excavator I'm looking at is only 500kg ... its designed to be hitched to a car / van as a trailer as it only has wheels one end ...
The power is from a small gasoline engine behind operator purely for hydraulics.

My idea is to literally bolt it to a pontoon and float out. I can even put an outboard on the pontoon for moving it about.
Old Aug 07, 2021, 07:41 AM
markustheuer
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Aug 07, 2021, 02:00 PM
Please stop the sales talk ... I have already excellent Pontoon designs and other - I do not need your sales hype.

Do not reply unless you have specific posts to do with RC models and this thread. If you do not understand this and continue advertising - I will report you to the forum mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markustheuer
You’ve researched a lot of pontoon boat prices and you can’t help but balk. It seems like even if you’re looking at used boats, they’re just so much money! You’d rather spend the time and make your own DIY pontoon boats. How do you even go about doing this?
To make your own DIY pontoon boats, you can either buy a kit that comes with most of the materials or procure these materials yourself. Then it’s just a matter of following instructions and building your boat!

In this in-depth guide, we will tell you everything you need to know about making your own custom pontoon boat. From detailed steps to what kind of finished product you can expect, you’re not going to want to miss it.
Can You Use a DIY Pontoon Boat Kit?

If you’d prefer, rather than build your own pontoon boat from nothing, you can always rely on a DIY pontoon boat kit. This comes with everything you need to make your very own pontoon boat, including the instructions (at least, most of the time). Here are some kits you might consider if you want to go this route.
U-Fab Boats
The pontoon boat kit from U-Fab Boats is ideal if you want to make a full-sized vessel. The company says you can use the kit to create houseboats, tour boats, utility boats, work boats, or party boats like a pontoon.
Old Aug 07, 2021, 02:51 PM
markustheuer
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).
Aug 08, 2021, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markustheuer
Why does it bother you that it's an informative link, you're the real ad!
This is a Phantom 3 thread - not a pontoon sales site.

My boats and pontoon are Phantom 3 videos and so meet the subject. Your sales blurb is not even close.

Reported for Advertising

Quick Reply